Help me replace my broadsword !

Tomoko Kuroki

Hi, my friend plays this game, not me, but he needs some help and theres no info anywhere.

The first weapon he has in the game was the broad sword ( he wants to use 1hander / shield ) and he is now at the shade woods, he has killed 11 bosses, farmed ALOT of souls. But now we have a problem.

We cannot find ANY weapon better then the broadsword, he has upgraded it to +5, doing 180 (+99). We were looking at all the weapons in his inventory and none of them have a better base stat than the 180 broadsword.

Any tips / advice would be greatly appreciated !

Claymore is always a safe bet.  Scaling isn't the best, but it's got a pretty decent moveset, speed and range to it.

Vender is slightly out of the way, here's a video on where to buy one

The Sun Sword has B/B scaling and has a fast thrust attack. Useful for punishing people in PvP and good for PvE too. You get it in Rank 2 in Heirs of the Sun.

If he's more Dex over Str, there's a great weapon that can drop from the Knights in Iron Keep called the Black Steel Katana that has an S scaling in Dex. Requires 25.

Claymore is always a safe bet.  Scaling isn't the best, but it's got a pretty decent moveset, speed and range to it.

Vender is slightly out of the way, here's a video on where to buy one

The Sun Sword has B/B scaling and has a fast thrust attack. Useful for punishing people in PvP and good for PvE too. You get it in Rank 2 in Heirs of the Sun.

If he's more Dex over Str, there's a great weapon that can drop from the Knights in Iron Keep called the Black Steel Katana that has an S scaling in Dex. Requires 25.

They didn't want a two handed sword I don't think

I know how he feels - im almost through my second playthrough, and am still using the Bastard sword I found about 2 hours into my fisrt playthrough, as its at +10 witha lightning infusion, and I havent found anything else that compares - ive fully upgraded other weapons and they just dont cut it

Got this game day 1 but been too busy to start it =/. In #1 I used Halberds and the great scythe completely. Hopefully theres a good Halberd partway into the game? :)

There are some, yes, but be wary this time - the halberd animations have been changed as they were considered overpowered in the last game, its now much garder to use effectively with a shield...

There are some, yes, but be wary this time - the halberd animations have been changed as they were considered overpowered in the last game, its now much garder to use effectively with a shield...

Good to know, I run a pure melee build so I'll find something good I'm sure :)

• Like 1

Good to know, I run a pure melee build so I'll find something good I'm sure :)

Absolutely, I went pure melee through most of my first playrhrough, adding a little pyromancy for some late game bosses, to be honest, weaponry is a little easier to deal with this time, as fully upgrading multiple weapons in a single playthrough is much more feasable due to the greater abundence of upgrade materials in the world.

I would never want to spoil anything for you, so all ill say is - this time, dont be scared to upgrade - you won't run out of uprade materials quite as quick as in #1

Have fun :)

• Like 1

Absolutely, I went pure melee through most of my first playrhrough, adding a little pyromancy for some late game bosses, to be honest, weaponry is a little easier to deal with this time, as fully upgrading multiple weapons in a single playthrough is much more feasable due to the greater abundence of upgrade materials in the world.

I would never want to spoil anything for you, so all ill say is - this time, dont be scared to upgrade - you won't run out of uprade materials quite as quick as in #1

Oooooh can't wait! lol. 1 more week until I have my regular free time back and I can play some Dark Souls 2!

Regular Titanite are abundence (and infinite after end game); however, Twinkling Titanite and Dragon Bone are extremely rare. With a lot of farming, I get about 20 Twinkling and 20 Dragon Bones per play-through. Therefore, don't use them to upgrade something that may regret later.

• Like 1

Regular Titanite are abundence (and infinite after end game); however, Twinkling Titanite and Dragon Bone are extremely rare. With a lot of farming, I get about 20 Twinkling and 20 Dragon Bones per play-through. Therefore, don't use them to upgrade something that may regret later.

Thats true - although i havent personally found the special weapons to be all that good this time round? Might just be my build tho

Thats true - although i havent personally found the special weapons to be all that good this time round? Might just be my build tho

Just a heads up, the Havel's Set (especially the shield) requires a lot of Twinkling to upgrade. If you are a magic user, you probably want to wear the Hexer's Hood or the Black Witch Robe at some point which also require Twinkling. The Depender Shield (may be King Shield too) requires Dragon Bones.

The target build for my warrior sorcerer's equiqments are Havel's Shield, Claymore, Hexer's Hood, Black Witch Robe, and may be Havel's Gauntlets and Leggings. I was able to farm enough Twiklings for these equiqments at the end of NG+. Twinkling farming is very tough. I was wearing Jester's Hood and Gold Serpent Ring +2 and they still rarely drop Twinkling.

I switched out from a broadsword to a bandit's axe I found in No Man's Wharf fairly early. I really like the animations--1 handed gets a diagonal regular with a straight vertical heavy attack, and scales strength B when it's +10. Just finished D Castle and still prefer it to some greatswords I've tried upgrading.