Text Enhance Adware

Azakos

There's this text enhance adware that's been annoying me, and I don't know how to get rid of it. It underlines key words pretty much anywhere when I'm browsing the web, and it links it with this pop up ad when you hover the cursor over it. Example:

9wH52.png

I'd love to get rid of it. I checked my plugins, but I don't see anything weird.

Windows 7, Chrome

You may want to run an Ad/spyware scan just to be safe - AdBlock only hides it from view. If it's truly Adware - then it's still on your computer, and you should do what you can to get rid of it.

Stuff like this doesn't always show up in your add-ons or install list. I recommend [ If you're on PC ] Spybot: Search & Destroy [ http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html ] and Microsoft Security Essentials [ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials ], if you don't already have something. Both are free, and damn good.

Reboot into Safe Mode, then run your scans [ one after the other, of course, not at the same time :P ]

Also, make sure to check all add-ons - be on the look out for something like "Vuzedownloader" - it's a known culprit of causing this issue. However, not everyone has the same add-on causing the problem.

If you don't have it, then I would recommend going in and disabling ALL add-ons, and then restarting them, one by one - without AdBlock. When the links come back, you've found your culprit, and you can just disable/uninstall it.

I recommend trying the second option first. If it doesn't work, then scan for adware.

There's this text enhance adware that's been annoying me, and I don't know how to get rid of it. It underlines key words pretty much anywhere when I'm browsing the web, and it links it with this pop up ad when you hover the cursor over it. Example:

9wH52.png

I'd love to get rid of it. I checked my plugins, but I don't see anything weird.

Windows 7, Chrome

I was gonna say Ive never seen them, but then I always forget I have Adblock :P