(SPOILER WARNING) The guide is good but...

vonheindrich

I would say don't follow every single choice exactly as the guide says, at least depending on what ending of the game you want to eventually reach.

Spoiler

Helping Olga's husband poison the town leader gets that town destroyed, which causes her to leave eventually and in my run got Oliver killed, as a result of Oga sniping him, keeping Semenov alive in Some excuses has him unleash Shadows which in my run got Sashko killed.

So I'd tweak certain choices to try an find the ending route you want. There seems to be other guides out there that you can find to steer you in the direction you want.

Edited by Stevieboy
added spoiler tags

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Have you posted in the Guide's comments section and let @Whytewolf416 know about this issue or tried to PM them about it?

Not yet no, I'm gonna put it in there in a moment, obviously I don't expect them to go through and get to every single ending to try and get it 100% found on just here.

27 minutes ago, vonheindrich said:

I would say don't follow every single choice exactly as the guide says, at least depending on what ending of the game you want to eventually reach.

Reveal hidden contents

Helping Olga's husband poison the town leader gets that town destroyed, which causes her to leave eventually and in my run got Oliver killed, as a result of Oga sniping him, keeping Semenov alive in Some excuses has him unleash Shadows which in my run got Sashko killed.

So I'd tweak certain choices to try an find the ending route you want. There seems to be other guides out there that you can find to steer you in the direction you want.

Also thank you @Stevieboy for hiding the spoilers for me, i realized i forgot to do that myself

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads-up @Helyx  Yes.  The guide does not provide the path to the best possible ending and that's due to one reason: the ending doesn't matter for trophy reasons.  Given the non-linearity in the game, the player could experience missions in a different order.  Since the mission order is different the "Olga likes/dislikes/etc this" could end up having a different impact.  I actually had Olga go full on rebel in my first playthrough and took out Mikhail with a head-shot in the final mission because one mission occurred in a different order, even though my choices were the same.  Sucked but that's how it shook out.  This is also why there is no walkthrough of the final mission.  Someone could purposefully go through and make all the best possible choices up to the final battle, and then fudge the entire thing at the end, resulting in one of more side characters dying.  The goal of this guide is to get you to 100% without having to go back and rewrite history should you accidently lock off a trophy, not get the best possible ending.

Edited by Whytewolf416
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 3:27 PM, Whytewolf416 said:

Thanks for the heads-up @Helyx  Yes.  The guide does not provide the path to the best possible ending and that's due to one reason: the ending doesn't matter for trophy reasons.  Given the non-linearity in the game, the player could experience missions in a different order.  Since the mission order is different the "Olga likes/dislikes/etc this" could end up having a different impact.  I actually had Olga go full on rebel in my first playthrough and took out Mikhail with a head-shot in the final mission because one mission occurred in a different order, even though my choices were the same.  Sucked but that's how it shook out.  This is also why there is no walkthrough of the final mission.  Someone could purposefully go through and make all the best possible choices up to the final battle, and then fudge the entire thing at the end, resulting in one of more side characters dying.  The goal of this guide is to get you to 100% without having to go back and rewrite history should you accidently lock off a trophy, not get the best possible ending.

Oh for sure, like I said she took out Oliver for me during my final mission even though I followed certain things from the guide to a T, guide was still fantastic, and helped me immensely going through the game

@vonheindrichI think it adds to the game's charm.  I played the same way twice and got two different outcomes.  Adds to replay value and I'm curious what would a run where I make all the a-hole choices would look like.  Can you actually push a fail state where you cannot run that final mission?  What happens if every single one of your allies hates you, would Olga take that potshot at you versus Mikhail/Oliver?  I'm happy you found the guide useful.  Apologize that it didn't get you the best possible ending...but you could always replay it the way you want, thankfully it's a short experience.