Any difficulty/length estimates assuming NO use of slider cheats?

Umdytr

This is coming to Extra soon and it looks kind of fun. The only guide I found for it assumes that you're going to trivialize the whole game by using in-game cheats, though, so it's pretty worthless to me as an estimate.

"Once you begin the game, you can go into the Options menu and under Accessibility > Difficulty move the sliders for damage taken to 0% and damage done to 400% which will make every battle take only a few seconds with no chance of failure."

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/dodgeball-academia/guide/

If you've completed this and didn't use those sliders, how long did it take and how hard would you say it was?

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1

Well I started without the sliders for the 2 first chapters I think, wasn't that bad to be honest. But there are some things that annoyed me a bit so I just turned the sliders up and down for the rest of the game.

It's not that noticeable at the start cause you are by yourself or at most with your first companion, but from when you get the 2nd one and more opponents are in play it starts to get clunky. Wasn't paying too much attention to it because fights were not that long, but you are moving all owned characters at the same time and button inputs respond to all of them as well! So when you have three, it's not really practical to be honest, especially when you start having opponents on the backside or/and the sides because you can't defend all balls from one character without sacrificing another, so you're losing life on the two 'extra' without being able to do anything about it. I don't know why they didn't use AI for them just like the opponents (I hope there is not an option doing that and I didn't pay attention to it ?).

Being uneasy as it was, the playing field was too small to be flexible with all character's movement, making it even more frustrating. Ended up just trying to throw the ball as soon as possible to try and win the battle before you get without allies, losing interest in each characters' moves and abilities, as well as the different balls' effect, making it quite repetitive as a process, involving no strategy or whatever.

So because of that, just made the easy choice to alter the sliders. Was fun while it lasted...but yeah, think it's inevitable in the end to make the switch.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I also started out normal 100%/100%

But then some fights started to get annoying (Maybe I didn't have the patience) so I moved it 90%/140%

Then slowly I got to 75%/200% 

Then I did the underground tournament and permanently changed it to 0%/400% and also started skipping the story dialogue. And that was 6 hours in when I made this change. 

It's a cute game, and the characters aren't bad necessarily. But the gameplay overstayed it's welcome for me. 

So I'd imagine if you kept it at 100%/100% the whole time, it'd take maybe 15 hours at most. With a 4-6 out of 10 difficulty.  Dependent on skill obviously. 

Edited by Profeelgood

• 1 month later...

I did some normal gameplay but eventually got bored off the repetitiveness of this game and switched to 0%/400%. They should'v added more platform elements/puzzles like the ice level instead of endless battles. I would say it's around a 4-5/10 the legit way. The slider cheat makes it a 1/10 5 hour platinum.