Armstrong Boss - Sam DLC Help! [You're Hired]

Is it just me or is this the most bullshit boss fight ever put into a game? The main game fight was cool, but this DLC, every enemy is just a more aggressive version of their main game counterpart, it's not fun, it's not fair, it's stupid.

But does anyone have any tips to beat this on hard with no damage?

Edited by willmill97

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Is it just me or is this the most bullshit boss fight ever put into a game? The main game fight was cool, but this DLC, every enemy is just a more aggressive version of their main game counterpart, it's not fun, it's not fair, it's stupid.

But does anyone have any tips to beat this on hard with no damage?

Yes, it's fucking awful. 

6 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

I'm not sure how useful this will be but here is what I wrote when I beat this fucker on Revengeance difficulty

Senator Armstrong Tips (Revengeance)

Image result for senator armstrong vs sam

Senator Armstrong has a few key moves that will allow you to land fully charged quick draws whilst he's taunted to deal significant damage to him. The first if where he pounds the ground creating a trial of fire which he can use twice in a row, I dodge rolled forward through the first one and then to the right for the follow-up which allowed me to charge my quick draw attack. The other move guarantees a fully charged quick draw which I can only describe as his fist is set ablaze and then he pounds the ground creating ripples in the floor before the ground explodes in fire.  

If he charges Yellow at any point he's going to grab you but you MUST delay your dodge slightly, if timed correctly you'll be able to land a single Triangle attack. He'll perform several of these at once so provided he's taunted you'll deal a respectable amount of damage to Armstrong in a short period of time. If he performs his stupid fly across the arena attack he can perform this 7 or 8 times in quick succession. I dodge rolled forward into every single one of these attacks and then I taunted him.

Please note that if you taunt Armstrong you'll be unable to parry his attacks because you'll take chip damage. 

^THIS is it. Did it within 15 minutes thanks to this advice. Needs to be in the guide! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, willmill97 said:

^THIS is it. Did it within 15 minutes thanks to this advice. Needs to be in the guide! 

Happy to help! He was a lot more aggressive on Revengeance difficulty but what enticed me was the amount of damage you inflict, lowering him to 50% was fairly straightforward but his second phase he just goes berserk and barely gives you anytime to attack him because he's always zooming across the screen like a lunatic. I haven't attempted the VR missions DLC yet, I got burnt out playing MGRR but if you need any help on anything else, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a very hard trophy to get for me. Must have taken 3 hours or so, which is a lot for two checkpoints that are barely 1-2min long each.

The tips above are good, maybe check this thread as well for more detailed info on all DLC trophies, including this one:

Spoiler