Autopop but the opposite question to what’s usually asked

So - I loved playing the original PS4 version of the game, and notice I can now purchase Remastered for PS5 at a good price. But if I do this I do think that I want to actually re-earn all the trophies manually as I enjoyed the journey (and obtain the new ones too). My question is - you cannot really autopop by accident can you? In other words, there’s no danger the console transfers your save file automatically? As long as I start a new game without transferring a save file, it will NOT autopop? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy_chin said:

So - I loved playing the original PS4 version of the game, and notice I can now purchase Remastered for PS5 at a good price. But if I do this I do think that I want to actually re-earn all the trophies manually as I enjoyed the journey (and obtain the new ones too). My question is - you cannot really autopop by accident can you? In other words, there’s no danger the console transfers your save file automatically? As long as I start a new game without transferring a save file, it will NOT autopop? Thanks.

If your really worried you could put your original save files onto a USB and delete them off your console and that should keep it from happening

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If your really worried you could put your original save files onto a USB and delete them off your console and that should keep it from happening

Not sure that works. Because i deleted my PS4 plat saves and all saves from SpiderMan. Upon starting the PS5 remaster i still got the platinum. It was weird.

21 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

That really is weird you'd thing there's be no information for it to know. 

yeah it was very weird. Meanwhile the Star Wars Jedi FO, i deleted my save from ps4 because i never thought itd be released on ps5 and i had no interest to play again. But it didnt autopop anything so if i ever want the ps5 plat, i have to play it again. There is a site i have used for informing what autopops.

4 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

How would you go about doing this specifically? 

Create an account without signing into psn

Plat game

delete main profile on playstation

login on dummy account with psn from main account

This will sync trophies with was on the dummy account and on your main account.

Video if you are more of a visual person ; Blank accounts

• Like 1