Infamous trophy - Solo

DanteIshimura

Hi everyone, 

Started this yesterday and noticed once again how devs upping the slider on difficulty doesn't enhance the game but breaks it entirely. 

Currently I'm at the part where you have to fight enemies whilst on the bridge and you're protecting Merle or whatever he is called. First time I got killed when the chopper arrived because I had to revive Merle and got killed doing so. Then the next time I tried holding out and getting rid of as many enemies as possible but then the chopper pilot died. Then I made sure to stay near Merle and when the chopper arrived we both got in and I got killed even though I had no way to fight back. 

Does anyone have suggestions for this section and what is the fastest way to get this trophy done. I don't have PS+ so co-op is out, but in terms of getting it done solo what s the best way of going about it as quick as possible?

Got to the Jacob region as I knew this would be one of the most difficult sections of the game and I was right. I hated this level the first time around having to do the same crap over and over, but on Infamous it's really tough. You cannot afford to be shot once and I just don't have the skill to do that. 

To make things worse when you back out, you then get pushed back to a random point and have to wait to be caught all over again. 

1 hour ago, DanteIshimura said:

You cannot use the Mars weapons or health kits of Jacobs trials. Thats why its so difficult. Everything else is a piece of cake with or without the Mars guns. 

Oh that part, but don't all enemies in that part die in one hit? Any weapon works, so just stay in cover and pick them off. They also have set spawns if I remember right, so a few retries and you'll learn the pattern.

Yeah for Jacob trials memorize the pattern, look up some YouTube vids.

It makes a lot of difference if you know where the enemy will pop up and you can aim/shoot right away. You can also take slightly different routes that can help with time or cover.

It’s totally doable solo, I did it but with the Mars dlc weapons (not for Jacob obv.).

Edited by DizzyDavidson

6 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Oh that part, but don't all enemies in that part die in one hit? Any weapon works, so just stay in cover and pick them off. They also have set spawns if I remember right, so a few retries and you'll learn the pattern.

The one hits aren't the problem. Thats fine. It's the fact you can be shot through cover/walls and it drains your health on infamous mode. I will just try to run through some sections tomorrow. 

Okay so I stopped bitching and eventually past round 3 of Jacobs trials. Before I do any other XP building to get to the final section, does anyone know if you take out the wolf beacons they won't appear in the final part of the fight? Only reason I asked is because I took a quick peak of a vid guide and on his walkthrough he didn't have to destroy the 8 beacons or so which I had to do in my first playthrough. 

EDIT

Got the Jacob trials and Jacob boss fight done last night. Once I did the 4th trial I thought I could take a break but it went straight into destroying the six wolf beacons section, and then into the boss fight itself. Because of how crap the save system is, I thought it better to just stick it out and get it done. I cannot believe how difficult I made that 3rd trial for myself. But I did watch a video by dantedevil12 who was the reason I got through some of the Yakuza saga games, and once I knew where you can stand I made easy work of the 3rd and last trials. 

Just Faith to do now. Should be fairly easy until the final boss fight. 

EDIT

Got it done. 100% trophy completion. Thank cripes that is over with. The dlc was boring, the first part of the map with John Seed was great but the rest was boring, I also felt the first section had the more varied missions too. Then having to do it all again pretty much to get the infamous trophy. A slog I am finally glad is over. Voice acting wise the cast did great and kudos to writing for villains you actually rather than be 50/50 about their actions. 

Edited by DanteIshimura