If Vita TV came to the west would you buy it?

CHUNG-FU6699

Already have a Vita OLED so its no for a good while,

once i run out of alternatives cause i dont like LCD then i might consider...

Also im prety sure some games will be forgoten and never recieve a compatiblity patch for it by now,

one example is Project Diva f 1, and also forgot its region locked to country region psn... means i cant use jp psn on a western ps vita.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Thought the idea of a portable game system was for it to be portable.  :blink:  So, no.

Games on the Vita could absolutely hold their own on a PS3. Just because the system is portable, doesn't mean anything. I've said it before, I'd love a Vita TV and I'd love a Vita TV even more if they would make an edition that also had a UMD drive so I could play all the PSP UMDs I have on the big screen with a DS3 or DS4.

We have the technology available to make this happen and enough interest it could be pretty profitable. Thank god Sony doesn't get every bodies approval before doing everything, naysayers would stop them from doing anything!

I wouldn't buy a Vita TV but I could see my friends and family buying it for some reason o3o. One reason I wouldn't buy it is because I already own a PS Vita and plus it's portable so I can play it anywhere. If I wanted a non-portable console, I can just get on my PS3/PS4 when I get home. Not a bad idea though for those if they want to play PS Vita games but does not want to purchase a PS Vita.   

Thought the idea of a portable game system was for it to be portable.  :blink:  So, no.

Dang nabbit! You stole my answer.

But yeah, no way

If there had been backwards compatibility with PSP UMDs I'd be all over it.

Good point! That may be difference maker for me too now that you mention it.

That's why it's called Vita tv so it can be portable to take to the other people's houses and play on a big screen rather than a small one.

Um...but can't you already do this with a PS3 and PS4? The entire point of the Vita is to be COMPLETELY portable and not be limited to just places that have a TV present. In regards to your comment, maybe the question that folks should be asking is "Does the Vita have enough exclusives to warrent another device that behaves more like a home console"?

IMO...no. While it does have a few great exclusives (Soul Sacrifice, Virtue's Last Reward, Persona 4 Golden, etc), it has more titles that are cross buys or rereleases of PS3 titles. Given the current state of the Vita's library, the Vita TV seems like a huge waste of money:

1.  Some people (like myself) may play most, if not all of their cross buy titles already on the Vita to play them on the go - waste of money
  2.  Some people may play most, if not all their cross buy titles already on the PS3/PS4 - waste of money
  3.  Some people may do a combination of both. What difference would another home console make? - waste of money
  4.  Are the handful of worthwhile exclusives really worth converting a portable console into a home console? - potential waste of money

The only added value that I can see the Vita TV potentially bringing to consumers is the ability to play PSP games on a big screen...which some (mostly the Minis) you can already play on a PS3. Likewise with PSOne Classics...digital AND retail discs can still be played on even the latest models of the PS3. Without a disk reader, the Vita TV would just limit players to the PSOne and PSP games that only have digital releases (much like the current Vita models). Outside of that, its existance is just pointless imo. 

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1