What does "not getting hit" actually mean?

EgoMagnaSum

Hi all,

Kind of a weird question I guess, but I've seemingly beaten Sadatame without getting hit but for some reason the trophy didn't pop.

I prefer to believe I've done something wrong rather than thinking the game just bugged on me, and as no trophy guide seems to want to elaborate on the "not getting hit" part, I am really confused by what happened.

Here is the screenshot of my victory, and I do not see any empty life square. I think I've read you can gain some life back with executions, but I don't think I've performed any as of yet.

tty.png

When I took hits, I immediately reloaded the checkpoint from the pause menu to restart the fight. Maybe I shouldn't do that? Maybe I am not allowed to take any hit at all, checkpoints reloading or not?

I've had non-perfect parries, and I've been staggered, I don't know if these could count? For me, getting hit = losing life.

Also, I'm playing on Ronin difficulty, so I would guess any hit would deplete my life.

Could anybody enlighten me please?

Not getting hit means exactly that, with all the bosses including the final boss, Kagerou in his demonic form and other phases, of which he has four so be prepared for that.  Resetting the latest checkpoint doesn't negate the trophy, because trust me it took about 10 to 15 resets with Kagarou Demon.  Doing it on Ronin is pretty difficult, I don't recommend doing it on that mode.  Do it on an easy playthrough, as Ronin will deplete your health bar if you are hit, in fact the final boss will take off about 8 squares off your life bar if he manages to hit you [ he will really hurt you in this mode, in fact all the enemies do even the small ones, with those I recommend doing the square, square, triangle move as they approach you and if done correctly they will be stunned so you can finish them with R1 this will give you some health back] and then there is the bombs and fire as well.  So forget the not being hit for now in Ronin, and not even Kensei as that's a one hit kill on you and do your playthrough as normal on this hard difficulty and then do Kensei, to get that playthrough out of the way, then go for the no hits on bosses on Kabuki or Easy mode, you may need to also gain all the collectibles and upgrades as well and there are Youtube guides for those too and there is also a trophy for not using a savepoint or shrine for a chapter [ recommend Chapter 2 in Easy].

Thank you for your answer, but what I don't understand is that I didn't lost any health square as evidenced by my screenshot (unless my eyes are deceiving me), but I didn't get the trophy anyway.

Also I don't understand how completing the game on Kensei difficulty does not unlock those trophies automatically, since it's a one-hit kill mode. So, if you beat the boss, I would pretty much assume this means you've never been hit? Or is my definition of "hit" wrong? Because I relate being hit to losing life only, and nothing else.

Anyway, thank you for your time!

@EgoMagnaSum Hey buddy, for the no hit trophies to pop you just need to load the checkpoint each time you get hit or die, the first time i tried i did the 2 boss without getting hit but whenever i got hit i just let him kill me, when i did beat him no trophy the second time i tried was on the 4th boss and when i loaded the checkpoint each time i died or got hit i ended getting the trophy, dont know why it does that

Hey there, I have recently played this game on a different account and also encountered this issue.

What it seems to be, is that Sadatame does an attack that staggers you but does no damage to you yet still counts as being hit, which in turn, voids the trophy, forcing a restart! Luckily and thankfully it is an easier boss, I recommend a back up save before any boss just in case, the game can be a little finicky in some areas, hope this info helps!?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had this exact same thing. Didn’t lose any health but I definitely got hit by the stagger thing once. Will see how it goes on the Kensei and Kabuki runs when I get there again…

Update: got it on my kensei run. Didn’t get kicked or staggered that time. Incidentally, I did get kicked by the boss on chapter three, but still got the no damage trophy. So maybe it’s just if you get staggered…who knows.

Edited by bobthecrazydog