Glitched Fastest Times?

I just got this game because I heard the servers could be closing down soon. Before I started, I took a look at the fastest completion times as I like to compete with them where possible, but it seems all the top players got their trophies in an usual amount of time. Reaching the gold license mere seconds after all of the others is a common trend that stands out to me when normally it would take upwards of a hundred races between them all.

I mean I'm not accusing anyone other than the first person of cheating, but does anyone know how this is or was possible? I've looked around and I haven't found anything in patch notes or old forum posts. I'm assuming before any patches, it was somehow possible to get huge amounts of the sega miles required for the licenses in one race, but there's no mention of it anywhere.

I plan on doing the game normally myself so this isn't me asking for advice, I'm just curious about what happened.

All of the top 5 people are hackers. The rest, excluding the first dude, have all the trophies within a few seconds of each other and then one random trophy a few hours earlier to make it look slightly more legit.

That's kind of disappointing considering a few of them were among the first players to platinum the game. I suppose that could be why they were never caught - nobody knew any better at the time.

The legitimate best time seems to be 10 hours which sounds a lot more reasonable. I don't think I can report them without being premium and even if I did, it looks like they don't get removed from the fastest achievers list, which is a shame.

Edited by Shadiochao

• 4 years later...