The A-Z-Z-A Platinum Challenge

Just a small update as I am gearing up to tackle this challenge now:

First off, I have cleaned up Nba2K22 (what I can) so that I don't have to do this midway through this challenge (as the servers close soon) so now there is nothing holding me back from starting.

As for the games I am planning to tackle, I have slightly changed my plan to remove games with DLC.

1. 9 Monkeys of Shaolin
  2. AFL23? 
  3. Black Mirror
  4. Clive N Wrench

Stay Tuned I hope to make a big start in September :)

I'll probably start in a couple of weeks as I'm  currently knocking out some other games for another challenge. I'll be changing a little on the fly though seeing as my Vita has crapped itself and my first game for the challenge happened to be a Vita title. I'll most likely grab a new Vita when I get back to Australia in December so depending if progress is slow I may not have to replace too many games in my list. Then again, I'm hoping to at least be past H by December, which is a Vita title. The next one after that is N so I'd say that one will be safe

Curse it. I am already downloading games for a list. Probably will distract me from starting an alt character in FFXIV who will only solo White Mage to kill time so my main heroine doesn't reach the end of Stormblood before patch 6.5 drops in a month. Also dreading having to fast for a doctor appointment involving the digestive system checkup, considering

I have hit THAT age. :(

(At least there is the Teal Mask DLC for the new Pokemon games... but let's be real, I'm only in it for the Gligar and cute leaf oni wearing a creepy mask. 😝)

All of these games are the PS4 version as I am hesitant to open the Pandora's box of a PS5 link to this account.

A| Ape Escape on the Loose

B| Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery

C| Chicory: A Colorful Tale

D| Dragon Quest Builders

E| Evoland

F| Final Fantasy

For the record, I am not adding the # entry as there are not very many games I'd play with a title starting with a number, other than 36 Fragments of Midnight and I am vowed never to touch that game ever again.

On 8/31/2023 at 8:43 AM, RoastedPeanut said:

I'll probably start in a couple of weeks as I'm  currently knocking out some other games for another challenge. I'll be changing a little on the fly though seeing as my Vita has crapped itself and my first game for the challenge happened to be a Vita title. I'll most likely grab a new Vita when I get back to Australia in December so depending if progress is slow I may not have to replace too many games in my list. Then again, I'm hoping to at least be past H by December, which is a Vita title. The next one after that is N so I'd say that one will be safe

Yeah, had to replace my Vita when my dad tried to fix my old one by replacing the joysticks... and destroying the buttons so they don't work. 😄 Might get a new memory card to link to this account though the thought of buying Adventures of Mana yet again is not fun. All... those... elephants... 🫠

Edited by ProfSeajay7

On 8/15/2023 at 7:22 PM, RoastedPeanut said:

Awesome! I'll post a list a bit later today and hopefully it's something I can knock out within a year. First priority will be knocking everything out up to F asap because I'll be aiming for the FFXIV PS5 plat and my current subscription is only to the end of October

Eeeeh, you might not want to play that game until after you complete your list as, since the PS5 version keeps getting DLC trophies(as it's an MMO), you might accidentally pop a trophy(like getting Level 90 on a job) and move it up your list and void the order. Just saying. (I did see your list, though.)

31 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Eeeeh, you might not want to play that game until after you complete your list as, since the PS5 version keeps getting DLC trophies(as it's an MMO), you might accidentally pop a trophy(like getting Level 90 on a job) and move it up your list and void the order. Just saying. (I did see your list, though.)

Yeah I really wasn't thinking straight when I said that. Somehow I can't see myself seeimg this one through. I love the idea and I was keen, but then locking myself in half way only to want to play something else.....ehhhh

10 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Yeah I really wasn't thinking straight when I said that. Somehow I can't see myself seeimg this one through. I love the idea and I was keen, but then locking myself in half way only to want to play something else.....ehhhh

The nuance of this challenge is that you can play anything in any order (including games you dont plan to use as part of the list) but you would need to keep them (at minimum) 1 trophy off the platinum so that you can ping those later and get them out of the list order. (this is what I plan to do, to be able to do this challenge whilst still playing new games) 

Dont feel obliged to stick with it though :)  its just meant to be fun! 

Edited by Mr_Wright95

27 minutes ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

The nuance of this challenge is that you can play anything in any order (including games you dont plan to use as part of the list) but you would need to keep them (at minimum) 1 trophy off the platinum so that you can ping those later and get them out of the list order. (this is what I plan to do, to be able to do this challenge whilst still playing new games) 

Dont feel obliged to stick with it though :)  its just meant to be fun! 

Yeah that's how I'm going to approach it as well. I've organised my other challenge in a way where there's a lot of crossover with this one but anything else I'll just set to one remaining trophy and initiate a ping-a-thon. I'll give it my best shot. My list may vary from what I originally posted though. I'll give an update every 4-5 plats. Possibly as early as this weekend. My wife doesn't worry about me being unfaithful when she's away but me sitting in front of the TV gaming non stop, haha. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Yeah that's how I'm going to approach it as well. I've organised my other challenge in a way where there's a lot of crossover with this one but anything else I'll just set to one remaining trophy and initiate a ping-a-thon. I'll give it my best shot. My list may vary from what I originally posted though. I'll give an update every 4-5 plats. Possibly as early as this weekend. My wife doesn't worry about me being unfaithful when she's away but me sitting in front of the TV gaming non stop, haha. 

I am in the same boat, mine is well underway now. knocked out the first 3 and smashing out C. My Planned list has already changed significantly from the draft. I will likely do the same and post updates every 5 or so games. (I will also update my Initial Post with the correct games done as I go)

Goodluck with your grind Mate! 

• Like 1

Already started my list with Ape Escape: On The Loose, which I learned was an HD port of the PSP port of the original Ape Escape. Having playing the original thanks to the classics list, I found that this version is a lot more accessible as you do not have to do the Mario Party palm burn on the analog sticks to use your gadgets. I was able to beat both of the Jake Attacks stages(though I was thankful that this version also has the classics rewind feature) since I didn't have to swivel my analog stick to use the Sky Flyer.

Halfway through the game, I've been using it to kill time waiting for FFXIV duty finder queues.

4 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Already started my list with Ape Escape: On The Loose, which I learned was an HD port of the PSP port of the original Ape Escape. Having playing the original thanks to the classics list, I found that this version is a lot more accessible as you do not have to do the Mario Party palm burn on the analog sticks to use your gadgets. I was able to beat both of the Jake Attacks stages(though I was thankful that this version also has the classics rewind feature) since I didn't have to swivel my analog stick to use the Sky Flyer.

Halfway through the game, I've been using it to kill time waiting for FFXIV duty finder queues.

Are you not including a number or symbol game for your first choice? I'm currently knocking out 428 Shibuya Scramble as my first game. I just want it over and done with now at this point!!!

11 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

My wife doesn't worry about me being unfaithful when she's away but me sitting in front of the TV gaming non stop, haha. 

When you never leave the house, a marriage pretty much remains safe. Just make sure you tell your wife if you invite people over who they are and be honest about it and she can leave the house to go to work or whatever and not worry about you sleeping with another. If I ever got married(lolzbbq) I can assure you my wife would never ever have to worry about me having relations with any other woman but a FFXIV character and even if I dressed said female character in sexy gear(like the Omega Female bodysuit, have you seen the amount of flesh it shows?), she'd just see her and smile and say "Oh how cute!" (Yeah, my female character will alway be a Lalafell and despite her being a grown woman, Lalas have such small breasts they could pass of as little girls. :D)

F5L4OMzWYAAMnvW?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

9 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Are you not including a number or symbol game for your first choice? I'm currently knocking out 428 Shibuya Scramble as my first game. I just want it over and done with now at this point!!!

No, I am not. I think what you said about 428 Shibuya Scramble sort of self-explains WHY I am not including a game starting with a # or ?, but to reiterate: I do not like any of the games starting with a # or ?. Anyway, I already started the list so it's too late to add now as it would void the order. *shrug* I will pray for your sanity that you get that game you mentioned done with so you can get started on the letters. :)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

So I updated the list a bit. Still having some issues finding a good P title.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:19 AM, ProfSeajay7 said:

A| Ape Escape on the Loose (58%)

B| Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery

D| Dragon Quest Builders

E| Evoland

F| Final Fantasy

G| Gravity Duck

H|  Heroes Trials

I| Intrepid Izzy

J| JackQuest

K| Kingdom of Arcadia

L| LEGO Jurassic World

M| Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

N| Nexomon

O| Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

Plans are to have really stupdly easy and quick games(for the most part, I am not a total trophy hoe) for the first alphabet and then put more timesinky games for the reverse alphabet. So I did break my vow not to have EZPZ but I won't be stacking these games, I am trying to make the entire 52-game card pickup because only PS4 titles. I looked at some titles like Heaven's Vault and Undermine but decided to just take backlogs out from my accounts first.

• Like 1

Update #1: I just completed my first game, Ape Escape on the Loose. It's a port of the PSP version of the original Ape Escape. The buttons are simpler due to the PSP only having one analog stick but it make the Jake Attacks levels winnable. Also due to the fact that this game uses the same save state and rewind features that the other classic PS1 ports have.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:20 AM, ProfSeajay7 said:

A| Ape Escape on the Loose (100%)

B| Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery (100%)

D| Dragon Quest Builders

E| Evoland

F| Final Fantasy

G| Gravity Duck

H|  Heroes Trials

I| Intrepid Izzy

J| JackQuest

K| Kingdom of Arcadia

L| LEGO Jurassic World

M| Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

N| Nexomon

O| Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

EDIT: It seems like nobody is updating here but me, as I just finished the first of two "B" titles. To be honest, though, Behind the Frame isn't really that long, I finished it in 90 minutes because all you do is click on things, paint things and draw things. :)

Part of me wants to change up C because Cat Quest is shorter than Chicory but the former requires a lot of grinding as it's an RPG.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Update #1 - MrWright95 - A-Z-Z-A Trophy Challenge

A handful of games in the books so here is my first official update:
First of all 4 Platinums' have been completed with a handful of others in progress as well. I have also settled on my first full list of 27 Games I plan to tackle so will post that here as well:

My Planned First 27 Platinum's of the Challenge

Spoiler

# - 9 Monkeys of Shaolin 
A – AFL23
B – Black Mirror
C – Clive N Wrench
D – Dirt 5 
E – Endling (PS5) – 6H
F – 
Far Cry Classic
G – God of War I (PS3) – 15H
H – Hot Shots Golf 2
I – It Takes Two (PS4) – 15H
J – Jak X (PS4) – 15H
K – 
Keywe
L – Little Nightmares 2 (PS4) – 6H
M – MediEvil (PS4) – 15H
N –
 Need for Speed Heat
O – One Piece World Seeker (PS4) – 25H *
P – 
Powerwash Simulator
Q – Quest Hunter (PS4) *
R – Ratchet and Clank: Nexus (PS3) – 20H
S – Sly III (PS3) – 20H
T – The Last of Us 2 (PS4) – 35H – (175
TH Platinum)
U – Uncharted (PS3) – 30H
V – Virgina (PS4) – 3H
W – Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4) – 12H
X –  Xuan Yuan 7 (PS4)
Y – Yokus Island Express (PS4) – 10H
Z  – Zombieland Double Tap – 10H

Progress

Platinum 1: # - 9 Monkeys of Shaolin 

Platinum 2: A - AFL23

Platinum 3: B - Black Mirror

Platinum 4: C - Clive N Wrench

Reviews:

Spoiler

9 Monkeys of Shaolin - This game is a prime example of the beauty of this challenge as it was not a game that I would have ever played if it wasn't for the fact that it started with a number. I actually really enjoyed this game and thought it was overall fairly solid. It was a relatively short experience but I enjoyed my time with it and overall it was a great game to start this challenge with.

AFL23 - Another AFL platinum in the books. For those non Australians this is Australian Rules Football and is something that I have played across the various console generations since I was a child. This game itself was fine with none of the trophies proving to be too difficult. By no means was this game an amazing experience but it was alright for what it was.

Black Mirror - This game felt like a Wish Dot Com Until Dawn. That might be harsh criticism but the gameplay elements etc where all fairly minimal. Having to follow a guide for any game really detracts from the experience, but for games like this I feel like it has to be done. I will say the over arching story was fairly interesting, but it didn't really hit the story beats of its TV Show counterpart.

Clive N Wrench - Calling Clive N Wrench a masterpiece is definitely a massive stretch, but for fans of the genre this is a good game. If you are not a huge fan of this genre this would be a terrible experience as it is janky and a bit buggy, but as a fan of games like this I did really enjoy it. So far it was probably the best of the games I have played in my challenge, but I think its safe to say this wont be the peak of the A-Z-Z-A Challenge. If you like this genre do yourself a favour and play it, the platinum is also fairly straight forward which is always nice. 

Platinum Tier List:

(Coming Soon)

I've decided to rework the list to include some EZPZ games, as I plan on 100% completing them for the International Trophy Hunting Day event. ;)

• Ape Escape: On The Loose (d/d)
  • Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery (d/d)
  • Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
  • Daggerhood
  • Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  • Fullblast
  • Gravity Duck
  • Hoggy 2
  • Intrepid Izzy
  • Jack N' Jill DX
  • Kingdom of Arcadia
  • Legend of the Skyfish
  • Mekabolt
  • Nape Retroverse Collection
  • Oliver's Adventures in Fairyland
  • Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder
  • Queen's Quest 2: Tales of Forgotten Past
  • Reverie
  • Storm Boy
  • Teslagrad
  • Unpacking
  • Venus: Improbable Dream
  • Warlock's Tower
  • Xenon Valkyrie+
  • Yoko & Yuki: Dr. Rat's Revenge
  • Zeroptian Invasion
  • Zero Strain
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Xel
  • Wild Arms
  • Virtuous Western
  • Ultra Hat Dimension
  • Trials of Mana
  • Shantae and the Seven Sirens
  • Ratchet and Clank (PS4 2006)
  • Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn
  • Persona 5 Royal (Izanagi-No-Okami cheeze)
  • Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
  • Nexomon
  • Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom
  • Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  • Knightin+'
  • JackQuest
  • Iro Hero
  • Heroes' Trials
  • Grass Cutter
  • Final Fantasy XIV (PS4 list)
  • Evoland
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Chrono Cross
  • Bonds of the Skies
  • Aer: Memories of Old
Edited by ProfSeajay7

So it's been a while, my list is completely changed now because I decided to get easy platinums out of the way for the first alphabet so I could get to the reverse alphabet faster. I also was participating in the International Trophy Hunting event so I need some fast platinums. Here's what I have completed so far:

Ape Escape: On The Loose

Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Daggerhood

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

Fullblast

Gravity Duck

Hoggy 2

InkSplosion

Jack N' Jill DX

Kingdom of Arcadia

Lara Croft GO

Mekabolt

Nape Retroverse Collection

Oliver's Adventures in Fairyland

Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder

Queen's Quest 2: Tales of Forgotten Past

Reverie

EDIT: Since nobody is updating, I am just going to update this post.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

The Below categories have been added to the original thread for completers of this challenge :

A-Z-Z-A Run Achievers:

The below categories have been made for those that achieve an A-Z-Z-A run in any format.

I will determine what games contribute Shovelware, but generally speaking I feel this is pretty obvious.

AZZA Challenge – Platinum Achievers (All Rules Followed, no shovelware)

AZZA Challenge – Silver Achievers (Multiple games from the same franchise is allowed. No specific console requirements (AKA no PS3 games needed etc.) You may skip games starting with numbers, very limited to no shovelware)

AZZA Challenge – Bronze Achievers (Achieved the AZZA run in some form, no other rules applied)

Please note that if this thread garners more interest from others down the line I am open to additional tiers being added, so feel free to suggest those as well.

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 1

Well, I am probably gonna be stuck at Bronze, but that's fine as I needed to get rid of a lot of shovelware from my backlog anyways. Here's the update: (All the games are the PS4 version.)

• Ape Escape: On The Loose
  • Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
  • Daggerhood
  • Fullblast
  • Gravity Duck
  • Hoggy 2
  • InkSplosion
  • Jack N' Jill DX
  • Kingdom of Arcadia
  • Lara Croft GO
  • Mekabolt
  • Reverie
  • Storm Boy
  • Tetra's Escape
  • Unpacking

EDIT: I will probably be updating a lot of games tomorrow as I'll have nothing better to do. (FFXIV will be shut down for maintenance all day as they implement their newest patch, so I can't log on from 3 AM tonight to 3 AM on the 3rd.)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

On 9/30/2023 at 9:53 AM, ProfSeajay7 said:
  • Daggerhood
  • Fullblast
  • Gravity Duck
  • Hoggy 2
  • InkSplosion
  • Jack N' Jill DX
  • Kingdom of Arcadia
  • Lara Croft GO
  • Mekabolt
  • Reverie
  • Storm Boy
  • Tetra's Escape
  • Unpacking
  • Virtuous Western
  • Warlock's Tower
  • Xenon Valkyrie+
  • Zeroptian Invasion

There it is, my normal alphabet done. I got the last five games today(V-Z) while waiting for the FFXIV 6.5 patch maintenance to end so I can get working on it. I'm going to do the entire Free Trial in that game and then go out of the free trial and work on the Final Fantasy XIV platinum for the PS4 version. (II had thought to put it as my reverse F title, but realized immediately that would mean this challenge would not be finished until that game's next expansion drops on Summer 2024 due to one very time-related trophy that requires me to spend at least over 167 real life days in the game due to the way it works, so I ditched that idea. :()

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Struggling with Yooka-Laylee right now. Rextro can go get deleted after his Cashino game. It took me 24 tries to get the high score on that. 😠

Not sure what my second X game will be. I don't want to stack Xenon Valkyrie+ on Vita as I really tore my arm after that annoying bug forcing me to replay the secret level. And X-Blaze Lost Memories is way too expensive for a visual novel with only a few false game levels in the beginning and unskippable cutscenes. Don't pay $40 for this anime trash. <_<

I don't know is Xel is any good. I'm use to looking up a guide for games I don't know about but there aren't any trophy guides for this.

Still looking, the other X-titled games are too expensive or not my taste. (I'm an RPG nut and don't like fighting, action or first person shooter games.)

EDIT: Future me. I finally got the platinum for Yooka-Laylee as my second Y, though the final boss battle was utterly brutal and I died many times. Also, some of the quills and pagies were difficult to find without a guy. Word of advice: If you have a serious heart condition, do NOT play this game. It will give you cardiac arrest due to how frustrating some of the mini-games you must complete are. :(

I have to stack Xenon Valkyrie because, to be honest, there aren't many good fun X-name games. (Fun for me. As I said, I am a very picky gamer.) The second W, however, should be really easy even though it's an RPG. ;)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

New update: I decided to screw my pride and just get to the three games I know will take me forever to complete.

1. Ape Escape: On The Loose
  2. Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
  3. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
  4. Daggerhood
  5. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  6. Fullblast
  7. Gravity Duck
  8. Hoggy 2
  9. InkSplosion
  10. Jack N' Jill DX
  11. Kingdom of Arcadia
  12. Lara Croft GO
  13. Mekabolt
  14. Nape Retroverse Collection
  15. Oliver's Adventures in Fairyland
  16. Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder
  17. Queen's Quest 2: Tales of Forgotten Past
  18. Reverie
  19. Storm Boy
  20. Tetra's Escape
  21. Unpacking
  22. Virtuous Western
  23. Warlock's Tower
  24. Xenon Valkyrie+
  25. Yoko & Yuki: Dr. Rat's Revenge
  26. Zeroptian Invasion
  27. Zero Strain
  28. Yooka-Layllee
  29. Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS5 version)
  30. Word Wheel by POWGI
  31. Venus: Improbable Dream
  32. Ultra Hat DImension
  33. Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI (PS4 version)
  34. Sissa's Path(PS5 version)
  35. Roundout by POWGI
  36. Queeny Army (PS5 version)
  37. Pic-a-Pix Classic (PS4 version)
  38. One Word by POWGI (PS4 version)
  39. Nape Retroverse Collection (PS5 version)
  40. Mekabolt+
  41. Legends of Talia: Arcadia (PS5 version)

EDIT: WOW, this thread is completely dead. It almost fell off the first page. I feel like I'm the only person doing this challenge. :(

Edited by ProfSeajay7

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 11:22 AM, ProfSeajay7 said:
  • Daggerhood
  • Fullblast
  • Gravity Duck
  • Hoggy 2
  • InkSplosion
  • Jack N' Jill DX
  • Kingdom of Arcadia
  • Lara Croft GO
  • Mekabolt
  • Reverie
  • Storm Boy
  • Tetra's Escape
  • Unpacking
  • Virtuous Western
  • Warlock's Tower
  • Xenon Valkyrie+
  • Zeroptian Invasion
  • Zero Strain
  • Yooka-Layllee
  • Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS5 version)
  • Word Wheel by POWGI
  • Venus: Improbable Dream
  • Ultra Hat DImension
  • Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI (PS4 version)
  • Sissa's Path(PS5 version)
  • Roundout by POWGI
  • Queeny Army (PS5 version)
  • Pic-a-Pix Classic (PS4 version)
  • One Word by POWGI (PS4 version)
  • Nape Retroverse Collection (PS5 version)
  • Mekabolt+
  • Legends of Talia: Arcadia (PS5 version)
  • Knightin'+ (PS4 version)
  • Jigsaw Zen
  • Intrepid Izzy
  • Heroes' Trials (PS4 version)
  • Gaps by POWGI (PS5 version)

I am certainly glad I got that last one because my PS5 controller is on the fritz and I can't get access to my PS5. It's now in 'failed to log off properly mode' and unplugged while I wait for my dad to get home so I can go to a  GameStop to replace the damn controller. I knew it was busted as the X key was slightly broken(I had to slam it on my thumb to get it to respond) but now the PS button won't work. :(

Anyways, I'll be stuck with only a PS4 (and a Vita) until this blows over, so the rest of the games on this challenge will be PS4 only. I just started the 2nd F and E and hope to get the challenge done before the holidays as the next Dragon Quest Monsters game is coming out so I am cannibalizing my future field trip to Games Done Quick to pay for a second Switch Lite(my first one also fritzed and couldn't be turned on for some reason :().

I am going to keep updating until I complete this challenge even though this thread is not getting any updates. I can't stop now. :|