The A-Z-Z-A Platinum Challenge

Goal:

To Complete 27 Platinum's in Alphabetical Order, followed by 27 Platinums in Reverse Alphabetical Order (Including a Symbol or Number):

Rules:

• ·         No Shovelware.
  • ·         At least 5 Platinum’s from each Console Era. (PS3, PS4, PS5)
  • ·         Only 1 Platinum Per Franchise.
  • ·         Only 5 Platinum’s allowed with sub 5 Hour Time to Platinum.
  • ·         Platinum’s can be games already started / played in any order, but must be Platinumed in the A-Z-Z-A Order. 

Please note that these rules are self imposed and for the purposes of my own challenge, by all means if you also want to participate feel free to use whichever rules you like!

(With the only essential rule being: Games must be Platinumed in the A-Z-Z-A Order.

Background:

----EDIT 5/2/24 -----

After much consideration I have decided to tap out of this challenge. 
I made it to G in the first of two A-Z segments with letters H,I,J,K,N and T all completed as well. This thread will remain active as anyone who finds it and wants to participate need only comment. I wish you Goodluck!

--Original Post--

I have been slacking on tackling my own backlog and have not been trophy hunting for most of 2023. I have been toying with this idea and have taken inspiration from the various other A-Z challenges that exist on this site and I thought given the extreme size of my backlog (Link Below) I would be able to do this challenge 2 times over, without needing to buy many games. When mapping out the games I do own, I realised that a handful of letters & the Numbered games might prove tricky. But the below is a rough plan of the games I plan to play to complete this challenge, however this is subject to change. Lastly I expect this challenge to take me a very long time, possibly a year or so, especially given the games I have chosen and the amount of time I have to play games nowadays, so if anyone wants to tackle this challenge, feel free to post your results or progress in this thread. Chances are you will beat me to the punch!

A Link To My Backlog:

Spoiler

A-Z-Z-A Run Achievers:

The below categories have been made for those that achieve an A-Z-Z-A run in any format.

I will determine what games contribute Shovelware, but generally speaking I feel this is pretty obvious.

AZZA Challenge – Platinum Achievers (All Rules Followed, no shovelware)

AZZA Challenge – Silver Achievers (Multiple games from the same franchise is allowed. No specific console requirements (AKA no PS3 games needed etc.) You may skip games starting with numbers, very limited to no shovelware)

AZZA Challenge – Bronze Achievers (Achieved the AZZA run in some form, no other rules applied)

Please reply to this thread if you have completed the run and I will check your trophy list and confirm!

PLATINUM ACHIEVERS:

Spoiler

SILVER ACHIEVERS:

Spoiler

BRONZE ACHIEVERS: 

Spoiler

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

To Complete 27 Platinum's in Alphabetical Order, followed by 27 Platinums in Reverse Alphabetical Order (Including a Symbol or Number)

Okay, this is... interesting... <_<

*starts making a list*

At least 5 Platinum’s from each Console Era. (PS3, PS4, PS5)

WAIT WHAT? You want a PS3 game? I can't do that unless I decide to stream something.

WAIT WHAT? YOU WANT FIVE PS3 GAMES???

Okay, I understand that you made the rules but seriously, who plays PS3 games nowadays? :P

Chances are you will beat me to the punch!

Uh no, not if it involves PS3 games. (I do not stream games on PS+ because I'm worried about losing my save data.)

Please note that these rules are self imposed and for the purposes of my own challenge, by all means if you also want to participate feel free to use whichever rules you like!

Oh wait, sorry, these rules are the rules YOU are using. I missed that part. Sure, I'll think about your offer. I really need to get my mojo back after playing FFXIV for a month. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's definitely an interesting concept. I'll be pretty slow to get it done but I'd definitely be keen on giving it a shot. The only thing I probably won't be sticking to is the one game per franchise if that's okay? I'll add in five vita games to compensate! 

Edited by RoastedPeanut
  • Like 1

Here is my spin on the challenge, using Pokemon again. This is the Pokemon Typing Platinum Challenge, based on the DS game Learn with Pokemon Typing Adventures, which had speedruns done by a Pokemon fan called Corvimae. Since that game is basically a typing game where you type in the names of Pokemon, I thought it would be another cool Pokemon/Platinum collaboration. ;) (I did one where I shiny hunted Pokemon for the Kaledioscope challenge. You can check that thread out.) I'll be putting this challenge on a secondary account just in case.

The goal, for the rest of 2023, is to take a Pokemon's name, dissect it into its letters, and use the letters to find games which start with those letters and platinum them in order. For example, if my roll was 610.pngAxew, then I'd have to platinum these games in the respective order: (These are hypothetical for the example and not games I'd actually platinum.)

1. Asdivine Menace
  2. X-Men Destiny
  3. Earthnight
  4. Warriors Orochi 3

This would set up mini-lists and when one is done, I'd roll another.

The rules I set up are as follows:

1. No shovelware or visual novels.
  2. None of the Pokemon have multiple letters. For example, no Firagarif since it has two A, two R, two I and two F. But Froakie is totally fine. However...
  3. The lists cannot be longer than five letters. That means no more than five games per Pokemon.
  4. Also, these Pokemon will be caught later and given photos so these Pokemon have to be catchable in any Pokemon game on the Nintendo Switch.
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

It's definitely an interesting concept. I'll be pretty slow to get it done but I'd definitely be keen on giving it a shot. The only thing I probably won't be sticking to is the one game per franchise if that's okay? I'll add in five vita games to compensate! 

Go for it,

Its definitely a long grind so will be interesting to see how you go. The 1 game per franchise was just to stop myself doing something like Infamous 1 and Infamous 2 for both I letters, or God of War 1 & 2 etc.

Thanks for taking an interest, feel free to share updates as you go! ?

12 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Okay, this is... interesting... <_<

*starts making a list*

WAIT WHAT? You want a PS3 game? I can't do that unless I decide to stream something.

WAIT WHAT? YOU WANT FIVE PS3 GAMES???

Okay, I understand that you made the rules but seriously, who plays PS3 games nowadays? :P

Uh no, not if it involves PS3 games. (I do not stream games on PS+ because I'm worried about losing my save data.)

Oh wait, sorry, these rules are the rules YOU are using. I missed that part. Sure, I'll think about your offer. I really need to get my mojo back after playing FFXIV for a month. ;)

Hahah these rules are just an effort to force myself and go back and platinum some of my ps3 backlog. I dont expect people to go out and buy consoles they dont have etc to participate.

I think the only key rule is the finishing of games in the A-Z-Z-A order. Anything else is completely fine, but my rules are what i'll be doing and will make the challenge a bit harder!

• Like 1

So when you do the AZZA run down, do you have to only play games for the event, or can you also play other titles you don't intencd to include.

So like for instance, I plat Axiom Verge then Battleborn, for example, but then I want to play Evil Within and plat that.  I won't use it for the event.  Does that work?

2 hours ago, graphic_violins8 said:

So when you do the AZZA run down, do you have to only play games for the event, or can you also play other titles you don't intencd to include.

So like for instance, I plat Axiom Verge then Battleborn, for example, but then I want to play Evil Within and plat that.  I won't use it for the event.  Does that work?

This is just like some other events, graphic. You are free to play other games, you only have to declare which games will be for the event and you are free to do other games on the side. It won't count against you as long as you do not add them to the list. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

This is just like some other events, graphic. You are free to play other games, you only have to declare which games will be for the event and you are free to do other games on the side. It won't count against you as long as you do not add them to the list. ;)

Ooooooo then I’m in. I’ll post a list of proposed games this weekend. Thanks for letting me know. 

I just watch a video of youtube of someone hitting his backlog like this... I am just against the order, personally I feel like if you can do them in any order but just fill the list it would be better. Also when does it start when does it end, does it start from 1st of January of 2023 to 31 december 2024? Because this is a long task lol.

Edited by MAUSZX

On 11/08/2023 at 9:31 PM, graphic_violins8 said:

Actually this wouldn't work with how I am hoping to roll out this challenge, otherwise this would be a direct copy of the A-Z platinum. The essential crux of this challenge is having the 54 platinums appear in your list in that order.

You could definitely play something else in the meantime, but you'd have to stop 1 trophy short so it doesnt ruin the A-Z-Z-A format on your list. 

(At least that is how I have envisioned it)

On 12/08/2023 at 0:17 AM, Taruta13 said:

Actually this is not how I had intended it as otherwise this is essentially the exact Same as the A-Z challenge that already exists here, the idea is to make something a bit more hardcore and requires a bit more planning.

On 12/08/2023 at 4:43 AM, MAUSZX said:

I just watch a video of youtube of someone hitting his backlog like this... I am just against the order, personally I feel like if you can do them in any order but just fill the list it would be better. Also when does it start when does it end, does it start from 1st of January of 2023 to 31 december 2024? Because this is a long task lol.

It's a very long task, I am not setting any deadlines etc, this challenge will be live for as long as anyone hopes to tackle it :)

On 12/08/2023 at 8:09 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

You forgot Vita.

As the 5 games per console is a self imposed rule and not essential for the challenge, I didnt include it because I never owned a Vita and wanted to tackle my backlog. By all means if you have a Vita and want to use it for some of yours, go for it! 

Hey mate is it okay if I use a game with Japanese characters in the title to replace the first numbered title on my list? My only numbered option is 3D Dot Game Heroes but I left both copies in Australia and won't be back until December. ドラゴンクエスト is what I'm thinking by the way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Hey mate is it okay if I use a game with Japanese characters in the title to replace the first numbered title on my list? My only numbered option is 3D Dot Game Heroes but I left both copies in Australia and won't be back until December. ドラゴンクエスト is what I'm thinking by the way. 

Yeah thats fine, these would come under a symbol as labelled on PSNP so would definitely be fine for that category.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Yeah thats fine, these would come under a symbol as labelled on PSNP so would definitely be fine for that category.

Awesome! I'll post a list a bit later today and hopefully it's something I can knock out within a year. First priority will be knocking everything out up to F asap because I'll be aiming for the FFXIV PS5 plat and my current subscription is only to the end of October

• Like 1

Okay so here's my list that I'm thinking of tackling. The Japanese game I mentioned earlier today, I've traded it out for another one because I realised it doesn't have a platinum. As for Final Fantasy XIV, well I'll save that for the second half. I don't think I have the time to grind out the remaining stuff before my subscription ends and I wasn't planning on renewing until next year anyway most likely. I'm surprised that nearly half my list are PS3 games, but I am keen to knockout as much of that backlog.

Spoiler

#/Symbol - クリミナルガールズ2 (Vita)
A - Alice: Madness Returns (PS3)
B - Baldur's Gate (PS4)
C - Crysis (PS3)
D - Dead Space (PS5)
E - Endling (PS5)
F - Final Fantasy (PS4)
G - Gravity Rush (Vita)
H - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)

I - Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS5)

J - Just Cause 2 (PS3)

K - Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (PS5)
L - Lords of the Fallen (PS4)
M - Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PS4)
N - New Little King's Story (Vita)
O - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (Vita)
P - PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Q - Quake II (PS5)
R - Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
S - Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
T - Tekken 6 (PS3)
U - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
V - Valkyria Chronicles (PS4)
W - Wonder Boy Anniversary Collection (PS5)
X - Xeno Crisis (PS4)
Y - Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4)
Z - Zero Tolerance (PS4)

Z - Zombies Ate My Neighbours (PS4)

Y - Yakuza 3 (PS3)

X - XCOM 2 (PS4)

W - Warriors Orochi 3 (PS3)

V - Vanquish (PS3)

U - UnMetal (PS4)

T - Tales of Graces f (PS3)

S - Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (PS3)

R - Rogue Legacy 2 (PS5)

Q - Quake (PS5)

P - Prototype (PS3)

O - Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (PS4)

N - No More Heroes: Heroes Paraside (PS3)

M - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)

L - L.A. Noire (PS3)

K - Kingdom Hearts (PS3)

J - Judgment (PS5)

I - inFamous (PS3)

H - Heavy Rain (PS3)

G - God of War (PS3)

F - Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

E - Enter the Gungeon (PS4)

D - Dragon's Crown (Vita)

C - Cross Edge (PS3)

B - Bayonetta (PS3)

A - Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3)

# - 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

PS3 - 24

PS4 - 14

PS5 - 10

Vita - 6

12 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Okay so here's my list that I'm thinking of tackling. The Japanese game I mentioned earlier today, I've traded it out for another one because I realised it doesn't have a platinum. As for Final Fantasy XIV, well I'll save that for the second half. I don't think I have the time to grind out the remaining stuff before my subscription ends and I wasn't planning on renewing until next year anyway most likely. I'm surprised that nearly half my list are PS3 games, but I am keen to knockout as much of that backlog.

Hide contents

B - Baldur's Gate (PS4)
C - Crysis (PS3)
D - Dead Space (PS5)
E - Endling (PS5)
F - Final Fantasy (PS4)
G - Gravity Rush (Vita)

J - Just Cause 2 (PS3)

P - PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Q - Quake II (PS5)
T - Tekken 6 (PS3)
X - Xeno Crisis (PS4)
Z - Zero Tolerance (PS4)

Y - Yakuza 3 (PS3)

X - XCOM 2 (PS4)

V - Vanquish (PS3)

U - UnMetal (PS4)

R - Rogue Legacy 2 (PS5)

Q - Quake (PS5)

P - Prototype (PS3)

L - L.A. Noire (PS3)

K - Kingdom Hearts (PS3)

J - Judgment (PS5)

I - inFamous (PS3)

H - Heavy Rain (PS3)

G - God of War (PS3)

C - Cross Edge (PS3)

B - Bayonetta (PS3)

PS3 - 24

PS4 - 14

PS5 - 10

Vita - 6

Really looking forward to watching someone else tackle this. 

I expect my progress to be very slow due to limited time nowadays and other commitments, so I expect you will end up being the pioneer for this challenge. 

Feel free to post updates every 5 platinum's or so, as I am keen to follow along! 

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Really looking forward to watching someone else tackle this. 

I expect my progress to be very slow due to limited time nowadays and other commitments, so I expect you will end up being the pioneer for this challenge. 

Feel free to post updates every 5 platinum's or so, as I am keen to follow along! 

I think I should be fine for my first list, but the reversed list is the one I'll get bogged down with pretty early on. Either way, I'm pretty keen to get into it!

One question. Is DLC required before a game can be ticked off or is it just the platinum you're looking for? 

2 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

I think I should be fine for my first list, but the reversed list is the one I'll get bogged down with pretty early on. Either way, I'm pretty keen to get into it!

One question. Is DLC required before a game can be ticked off or is it just the platinum you're looking for? 

I was actually thinking about this, because the important part of this is that the game sits in the alphabetical order 

so if you platinum Immortals Fenyx Rising for your first I letter, then return to the game later and ping a trophy it will move it out of your list and void the AZZA order.

So i am leaning towards going for games that either dont have DLC or games I dont plan to do the DLC.

However if you do want to do games that have DLC, id recommend 100% them before you do your next platinum, just so that the order does not get messed up later on.

21 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

I was actually thinking about this, because the important part of this is that the game sits in the alphabetical order 

so if you platinum Immortals Fenyx Rising for your first I letter, then return to the game later and ping a trophy it will move it out of your list and void the AZZA order.

So i am leaning towards going for games that either dont have DLC or games I dont plan to do the DLC.

However if you do want to do games that have DLC, id recommend 100% them before you do your next platinum, just so that the order does not get messed up later on.

Yeah that makes sense. I'll go over my list again and see what games I don't plan to do the DLC straight away and I may replace them if necessary

On 8/15/2023 at 5:48 PM, Mr_Wright95 said:

Actually this is not how I had intended it as otherwise this is essentially the exact Same as the A-Z challenge that already exists here, the idea is to make something a bit more hardcore and requires a bit more planning.

This is almost impossible to combine with other events tbh lol

Here's my list may change things up once I get to some letters but we will see... :) account I'll be using is in sig

Spoiler

Assassins creed 3

Bf bad company 2

Crysis 3

Dantes inferno

Emma lost in memories

Final fantasy 13

Gta 4

Edited by crazyrick18

On 8/15/2023 at 10:24 PM, RoastedPeanut said:

Reveal hidden contents

B - Baldur's Gate (PS4)
C - Crysis (PS3)
D - Dead Space (PS5)
E - Endling (PS5)
F - Final Fantasy (PS4)
G - Gravity Rush (Vita)

J - Just Cause 2 (PS3)

P - PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Q - Quake II (PS5)
T - Tekken 6 (PS3)
X - Xeno Crisis (PS4)
Z - Zero Tolerance (PS4)

Y - Yakuza 3 (PS3)

X - XCOM 2 (PS4)

V - Vanquish (PS3)

U - UnMetal (PS4)

R - Rogue Legacy 2 (PS5)

Q - Quake (PS5)

P - Prototype (PS3)

L - L.A. Noire (PS3)

K - Kingdom Hearts (PS3)

J - Judgment (PS5)

I - inFamous (PS3)

H - Heavy Rain (PS3)

G - God of War (PS3)

C - Cross Edge (PS3)

B - Bayonetta (PS3)

PS3 - 24

PS4 - 14

PS5 - 10

Vita - 6

So are you following the OPs rules for this?  Because I noticed you’re using Final Fantasy for both your F games

7 hours ago, Johnny_Broflex said:

So are you following the OPs rules for this?  Because I noticed you’re using Final Fantasy for both your F games

That was a self imposed rule for OP, but I may change my list as I go and remove any duplicates from franchises. Any decent suggestions for Q so I don't have to double up on Quake and Quake 2? 

23 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

That was a self imposed rule for OP, but I may change my list as I go and remove any duplicates from franchises. Any decent suggestions for Q so I don't have to double up on Quake and Quake 2? 

I've been struggling with Q myself and chose the same thing the OP did, Quest Hunter, then thinking Q.U.B.E after that.

I've also decided to make this way harder for myself and doing this challenge with PS, Xbox and Steam.  No platinums for the other 2 obviously but completing all achievements is the same thing.  Gonna take a very long time and using the OP's rules so not being able to choose the same series across the systems kinda sucks lol.  I've tried to do as many PS exclusive titles as I can and that's freed up quite a few games for Steam and Xbox.