The A-Z-Z-A Platinum Challenge

Happy Halloween, everyone. Just putting an update after so long. I've been busy working on a Pokemon Living Dex and playing through Pokemon Violet so I haven't played any trophy games for a while, but I finally got one done.

1. Ape Escape: On The Loose
  2. Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
  3. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
  4. Daggerhood
  5. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  6. Fullblast
  7. Gravity Duck
  8. Hoggy 2
  9. InkSplosion
  10. Jack N' Jill DX
  11. Kingdom of Arcadia
  12. Lara Croft GO
  13. Mekabolt
  14. Nape Retroverse Collection
  15. Oliver's Adventures in Fairyland
  16. Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder
  17. Queen's Quest 2: Tales of Forgotten Past
  18. Reverie
  19. Storm Boy
  20. Tetra's Escape
  21. Unpacking
  22. Virtuous Western
  23. Warlock's Tower
  24. Xenon Valkyrie+
  25. Yoko & Yuki: Dr. Rat's Revenge
  26. Zeroptian Invasion
  27. Zero Strain
  28. Yooka-Layllee
  29. Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS5 version)
  30. Word Wheel by POWGI
  31. Venus: Improbable Dream
  32. Ultra Hat DImension
  33. Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI (PS4 version)
  34. Sissa's Path(PS5 version)
  35. Roundout by POWGI
  36. Queeny Army (PS5 version)
  37. Pic-a-Pix Classic (PS4 version)
  38. One Word by POWGI (PS4 version)
  39. Nape Retroverse Collection (PS5 version)
  40. Mekabolt+
  41. Legends of Talia: Arcadia (PS5 version)
  42. Knightin'+ (PS4 version)
  43. Jigsaw Zen
  44. Intrepid Izzy
  45. Heroes' Trials (PS4 version)
  46. Gaps by POWGI (PS5 version)
  47. Final Fantasy
  48. Eventide: Slavic Fable
  49. Deep Space Rush (PS4 version)
  50. Crossovers by POWGI (PS4 version)
  51. Bai Quo: Thousand Memories (PS4 version)

EDIT: Almost done with the list, I just have one more title with A. I had to cop out for the others as stuff happened. (Book Quest glitching and not popping a trophy just after I did everything. I should have backed up my save. :()

Edited by ProfSeajay7

On 10/31/2023 at 11:16 AM, ProfSeajay7 said:

Happy Halloween, everyone. Just putting an update after so long. I've been busy working on a Pokemon Living Dex and playing through Pokemon Violet so I haven't played any trophy games for a while, but I finally got one done.

1. Ape Escape: On The Loose
  2. Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
  3. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
  4. Daggerhood
  5. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  6. Fullblast
  7. Gravity Duck
  8. Hoggy 2
  9. InkSplosion
  10. Jack N' Jill DX
  11. Kingdom of Arcadia
  12. Lara Croft GO
  13. Mekabolt
  14. Nape Retroverse Collection
  15. Oliver's Adventures in Fairyland
  16. Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder
  17. Queen's Quest 2: Tales of Forgotten Past
  18. Reverie
  19. Storm Boy
  20. Tetra's Escape
  21. Unpacking
  22. Virtuous Western
  23. Warlock's Tower
  24. Xenon Valkyrie+
  25. Yoko & Yuki: Dr. Rat's Revenge
  26. Zeroptian Invasion
  27. Zero Strain
  28. Yooka-Layllee
  29. Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS5 version)
  30. Word Wheel by POWGI
  31. Venus: Improbable Dream
  32. Ultra Hat DImension
  33. Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI (PS4 version)
  34. Sissa's Path(PS5 version)
  35. Roundout by POWGI
  36. Queeny Army (PS5 version)
  37. Pic-a-Pix Classic (PS4 version)
  38. One Word by POWGI (PS4 version)
  39. Nape Retroverse Collection (PS5 version)
  40. Mekabolt+
  41. Legends of Talia: Arcadia (PS5 version)
  42. Knightin'+ (PS4 version)
  43. Jigsaw Zen
  44. Intrepid Izzy
  45. Heroes' Trials (PS4 version)
  46. Gaps by POWGI (PS5 version)
  47. Final Fantasy
  48. Eventide: Slavic Fable
  49. Deep Space Rush (PS4 version)
  50. Crossovers by POWGI (PS4 version)
  51. Bai Qu: Hundreds of Melodies (PS4 version)
  52. Aer: Memories of Old

And with that, I am done with this list. First off, apologies for not getting the B game in the bottom right with the title. It was some Japanese-ish Visual Novel. I wanted to do Book Quest and do some effort... but a trophy glitched and the game autosaves and I stupidly did not back up my save, so now I have to replay the entire game from scratch, meaning fighting the first go#*%@** boss again. That dragon is a jerk bird and I dread fighting him.... but I have no choice, either do that or... create yett another account. :(

Also had a problem with Queen's Quest 3. I thought I had not skipped any minigames but I must have accidentally done so... or another trophy is glitched. GAH! *angry face* So I have to redo that game too. I am having zero luck with these trophies.

Anyways, I guess that this thread is dead because nobody put their updates but I finally did the list even though it was mostly cop-out games. The proudest game on this list has to be Yooka-Laylee, as I thought I would never finish this 100% as some of the pagies you need to get are insanely tough, especially the Rextro arcade games and Kartos missions. The last two ones were brutally tough to get the required amount of gems. I'm out and might not do any more participations as my completionist gene is now routed in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, I've completed the Paldea Pokdex on Violet and now working on the Kitikami Dex. *salute*

If the creator of this thread is still lurking, a word of advice which I learned from experience:: Do not start a thread unless you are committed to updating. 🤬

Howdy Mate, I am still around and actively monitoring. Just had some real life things come up.

I will still add you to the list of completed participants in the coming days once I cross refence your list. Although your attitude could do with some improving.🤔

As for myself I am still working on completing this challenge, however life has slowed my gaming down thoroughly lately.

I have no plans to abandon my own run and when I get back to trophy hunting I will pick up exactly where I left off. As I said when creating this thread I expected this to take upwards of a year or 2 since I am following the rules I set out.

Congratulations on finishing your own version of the Run, I hope you found some enjoyment in it, despite your complaining.

On 11/5/2023 at 11:26 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

And with that, I am done with this list. First off, apologies for not getting the B game in the bottom right with the title. It was some Japanese-ish Visual Novel. I wanted to do Book Quest and do some effort... but a trophy glitched and the game autosaves and I stupidly did not back up my save, so now I have to replay the entire game from scratch, meaning fighting the first go#*%@** boss again. That dragon is a jerk bird and I dread fighting him.... but I have no choice, either do that or... create yett another account. :(

Also had a problem with Queen's Quest 3. I thought I had not skipped any minigames but I must have accidentally done so... or another trophy is glitched. GAH! *angry face* So I have to redo that game too. I am having zero luck with these trophies.

Anyways, I guess that this thread is dead because nobody put their updates but I finally did the list even though it was mostly cop-out games. The proudest game on this list has to be Yooka-Laylee, as I thought I would never finish this 100% as some of the pagies you need to get are insanely tough, especially the Rextro arcade games and Kartos missions. The last two ones were brutally tough to get the required amount of gems. I'm out and might not do any more participations as my completionist gene is now routed in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, I've completed the Paldea Pokdex on Violet and now working on the Kitikami Dex. *salute*

If the creator of this thread is still lurking, a word of advice which I learned from experience:: Do not start a thread unless you are committed to updating. 🤬

@Mr_Wright95 hey mate. I hope whatever is happening in your life isn't too serious or getting you down. Sorry I haven't been able to commit to this. After the first game I just started playing other things and before I knew it I couldn't restrain myself from popping other plats. My bad! If I manage to get on a roll with a new list I'll let you know. 

@ProfSeajay7 yikes...easy there cowboy!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

@Mr_Wright95 hey mate. I hope whatever is happening in your life isn't too serious or getting you down. Sorry I haven't been able to commit to this. After the first game I just started playing other things and before I knew it I couldn't restrain myself from popping other plats. My bad! If I manage to get on a roll with a new list I'll let you know. 

@ProfSeajay7 yikes...easy there cowboy!

Haha thanks mate! nothing too serious, just busy with work and life! 

No expectation for anyone to stick with this. It was more of a whim and I didnt expect many people would see it through! If you do commit i'll follow your progress along closely. But even if you do not, I still wish you goodluck with your trophy hunting Journey!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Congratulations on finishing your own version of the Run, I hope you found some enjoyment in it, despite your complaining.

My complaints where on the games, not the challenge. If I had had more time to do things properly, I would have had games like Dragon Quest XI S and Chrono Cross instead of what I ended up with. But I spent way too much time playing Pokemon. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see someone else interested. I'm going to try a challenge posted by someone in the trophy checklists forum where they get all but one trophy in a ton of games and then pop the platinums all in one day. Sort of like the old Platinum Rain Day events. It's an excuse to get some of those games out of my backlog. I started with EvoLand but I am dreading playing through the Evoland 2 part. I might do another game in my backlog first, like the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters that are rotting in my backlog. :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

I'm thinking about this challenge, but don't have ps3 anymore and i can't really stream games, I'll just do A-Z Z-A of what i have, guess this will be a challenge too. No Idea about all Letters but a few i'll tackle

• 1 month later...

After much consideration I have decide to tap out of my own Challenge 😅

Truth be told what started out as motivation to play different games in my backlog became a reason I wasn't playing any.

This decision did mean that I was able to ping a tonne of platinum's I was saving and I am now back to somewhat trophy hunting.

For anyone following along or wanting to partake themselves I will update my initial post and keep this thread going for any brave sole more determined than me!

No problem, Mr_Wright95! While I did platinum a bunch of shameful games in the beginning, your challenge helped me look up some rare games and finally get the courage to do Yooka-Laylee, which I thought was terrible due to the Rextro games. Turns out it was more fun than I had thought. ;)

Right now I am closing in on one-hundred, but doing a little challenge which I posted in the Trophy Checklist thread. It's the Platinum Rain Day challenge. Feel free to check it out if you want.

Good luck on your trophy hunting! :D