BEWARE OF SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATES!

Narniak

Was nearing completion of Plat for Gris, only last 3 trophies left in the final area.  Got a notice from Sony that a system software update was needed.  "OK, no problem", I thought.  Just finish the Plat, then do the update.  Popped the remaining trophies, including the Plat.  Received each notification from PSN as usual, including the Plat.  Trophy profile updates normally, even though I was now offline.  Did system software update.  Suddenly my trophy profile is missing the last few trophies that I saw pop, as if I never got them!  But wait, it gets worse!  Logged back into Gris, my last save file is exactly where is was after having just collected last collectible, but the trophies are no longer popped.  This means not only did the system software update delete my trophy progress, but now my save file for Gris is completely corrupted / useless.  It shows that I have all collectibles in game, but I don't have the associated trophies from PSN.  In over a decade of playing on PSN, I have NEVER seen such BS associated with a system software update.  This is the kind of garbage that reminds me why I stopped seriously hunting trophies years ago.  

• Like 1

On my PS5 the trophies definitely popped and I got the Plat notification while I was offline.  As far as syncing the trophies, that appears to have been screwed up by the system software update.     

4 minutes ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

Go offline again and check if the trophies are there again.  If they are then they will probably anppear online after a couple of days.

Thank you!  Logged off and back on a few more times and the trophies finally synced after a while.  Probably just a bug with the system software update, or there is major delay with trophy sync after an update. 

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You synced your trophies to PSN even though you were offline? 

Went offline again a few more times and re-synced trophies.  I took a while but the trophies finally updated!  Thanks!  Not sure if this was a bug with this system software update, but I never remember there being such a delay with trophy sync before.  Anyway, good to go, you can delete this post if you want.  False alarm!

I've usually found that if there is a system software update pending, all trophy syncing is auto disabled between your console and the network.

Once the update is installed, you can either do a manual sync through the PS5 settings (it's under 'Saved Data and Game/App Settings'), or do what you did and force a sync through a few off/on iterations.

Edited by BusyFace13

57 minutes ago, Narniak said:

Went offline again a few more times and re-synced trophies.  I took a while but the trophies finally updated!  Thanks!  Not sure if this was a bug with this system software update, but I never remember there being such a delay with trophy sync before.  Anyway, good to go, you can delete this post if you want.  False alarm!

You didn't mention PS5 in your original post. This behavior is extremely common on delayed trophy syncing on PS5 and there is a whole thread around here somewhere of hundreds of people having the same problem across tons of games.

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

You didn't mention PS5 in your original post. This behavior is extremely common on delayed trophy syncing on PS5 and there is a whole thread around here somewhere of hundreds of people having the same problem across tons of games.

The PS5 also has problems of losing internet connection for short periods of time (especially when booting up and yeah, updates) on certain networks. It struggles to present an accurate offline list in these instances.