Cant connect to the internet ps3 wired

UlvenFenrir

Ive tried everything and its driving me insane. I have contaced my isp and they werent any help.

I cannot connect wired to my ps3 console. It was working fine yesterday and now all of a sudden it cant find an ip address. Even if i change to a static ip address then it starts being a dns error instead.

in short:

-tested two ps3 consoles, wired doesnt work. 
-wireless works on ps3 

-factory reset router/restarted multiple times

-tried connecting ps4 to wired, works fine.

so its either a “cant find ip” or its, i change ip and then its “dns error” 

any help?? Ive never had any issues and now all of a sudden wired doesnt work at all on my ps3. No matter what i do or change it wont connect.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Have you tried a different cable or adding your PS3s to your router's DMZ?

I dont have an extra long cable unfortunately. The cable works fine on my ps4 and ps5. Its worked fine for my ps3 untill today. Ill try dmz.

What do i need for dmz? It says local host and another tab where i can choose device but my ps3 is not located on it. Maybe it needs to be turned on first?

Just now, UlvenFenrir said:

I dont have an extra long cable unfortunately. The cable works fine on my ps4 and ps5. Its worked fine for my ps3 untill today. Ill try dmz.

Are you using ethernet plugs to connect your PS3s to your router? If you are, it could be that one or both of them have fried and need replacing. I would also try plugging your PS3s into a different port on the router in case a port has gone bad. If you have a nearby friend handy, you can rule out router or PS3 hardware problems by taking your consoles round there and using their router for a bit to see if that helps.

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Are you using ethernet plugs to connect your PS3s to your router? If you are, it could be that one or both of them have fried and need replacing. I would also try plugging your PS3s into a different port on the router in case a port has gone bad. If you have a nearby friend handy, you can rule out router or PS3 hardware problems by taking your consoles round there and using their router for a bit to see if that helps.

Ive tried changing to port 2 on the back of my router and i tested two ps3s. So its not a ps3 issue. I dont see how it could be. Something changed with my router that has screwed with the connection. 

It reset in the middle of the night last night, after that i havent been able to connect wired to my ps3.

My cable works fine. It works on the ps4 and ps5. 

Edited by UlvenFenrir

5 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Ive tried changing to port 2 on the back of my router and i tested two ps3s. So its not a ps3 issue. I dont see how it could be. Something changed with my router that has screwed with the connection. 

It reset in the middle of the night last night, after that i havent been able to connect wired to my ps3.

My cable works fine. It works on the ps4 and ps5. 

In that case, it sounds like your ISP may have issued a firmware update that screwed things up. Have you tried looking online for a previous version of it and seeing if that helps?

42 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

In that case, it sounds like your ISP may have issued a firmware update that screwed things up. Have you tried looking online for a previous version of it and seeing if that helps?

I dont even think its possible to revert back. Ill try the dmz thing and report back.