Opportunity knocks trophy obtainable?

MrVertigo9000

Hi my friend decided to go back and go for the the platinum for Far Cry 5. I’m currently doing some misc trophies while he is busy and I tried to do the “Opportunity Knocks.” trophy which requires you to distract 15 guards. I was warned in the guide that this trophy is buggy, but I am starting to come to the conclusion that this trophy might not be even obtainable. You see I went to a random outpost I have yet to liberate and chucked a rock at a guard for about 5-10 minutes. The guide says that I could distract the same guard over and over I also let him come back to his original spot like the guide says. I swear I’ve done those things and the trophy has still yet to pop. I will keep trying, but if anyone has any solutions please let me know.

26 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

My suggestion would be do not use the same guard over and do it on 1 guard beat the out post rinse and repeat. Or even more extreme, do 1 guard per a different outpost, so 15 outpost 1 guard each. If It's that buggy, anything is worth a shot, lol.

This^

People have been earning this trophy at a consistent rate for weeks: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/7419-far-cry-5/42-opportunity-knocks

If all else fails, get all the other trophies needed for the Plat, then delete your saves, reinstall the game and start over from scratch on a fresh save.

36 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

My suggestion would be do not use the same guard over and do it on 1 guard beat the out post rinse and repeat. Or even more extreme, do 1 guard per a different outpost, so 15 outpost 1 guard each. If It's that buggy, anything is worth a shot, lol.

Alright thanks I’ll try that way soon.

• 4 weeks later...