Complete Cast Not Unlocking

So I started this game again cause I saw the dlc and new free skins and everything and I got every trophy except 3 and regarding the Complete Cast! one, I completed 7 endings and it says that on the game but it says 7/9.

Do you have to buy the DLC just to get the main platinum now or am I just getting unlucky?

14 hours ago, ApeMan0145 said:

So I started this game again cause I saw the dlc and new free skins and everything and I got every trophy except 3 and regarding the Complete Cast! one, I completed 7 endings and it says that on the game but it says 7/9.

Do you have to buy the DLC just to get the main platinum now or am I just getting unlucky?

No, it's a bug that the devs are working on.  One of them over on the Steam forums confirmed it was a bug and confirmed that they are working on a fix for it.  Buying the dlc and getting the new characters endings will pop it, but if you hold off for a bit it should eventually be fixed.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 2:35 AM, Snake2410 said:

No, it's a bug that the devs are working on.  One of them over on the Steam forums confirmed it was a bug and confirmed that they are working on a fix for it.  Buying the dlc and getting the new characters endings will pop it, but if you hold off for a bit it should eventually be fixed.

I saw this developer comment, but I'll believe it when I see it.

There are other games where the developers promised to fix it and never did (The Crew 1 is an example)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drake_Espartano said:

I saw this developer comment, but I'll believe it when I see it.

There are other games where the developers promised to fix it and never did (The Crew 1 is an example)

They've been really good about fixing other issues, they just tend to take a while.  Plus I believe it's actually against Sony's trophy policy to block a Platinum trophy by forcing paid dlc in order to unlock it.  So they'll be forced to fix it either way.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 12:09 PM, Mirmulnirgil said:

Was going for the platinum and just realized that aswell, trophy is indeed blocked behind DLC what can one do about it?

Wait for the patch they claim to be working on, or pay the $8 for dlc are the only options at this point.   

Im not encouraging it in any way, but the dlc is worth it even without trophies.  I have never enjoyed survival modes in games, but this one has actually grew on me quite a bit.  The extra characters are pretty fun too.

Otherwise if you have a physical edition you can reinstall it and do it offline.

https://reddit.com/u/tributejf/s/NmCPN1ZqRz

Further prof that the devs are working on a patch.  This links to one of them, and they've posted comments about a patch being worked on, on several posts about the trophy/achievement needing all 9 characters.  2 - 3 weeks is the eta, but could be sooner or later since they're batching several bug fixes in the patch.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 7:00 AM, TheDarkKratos said:

It's been over a month since the last update screwed many people out of their platinum.

I'm stuck at 7/9 for the story endings. Because I'm not buying DLC to get the last 2 endings.

The Game Devs said 2 weeks. Where is the stupid patch already? Getting tired of waiting.

I've really lost my patience with broken games, unobtainable trophies, lazy devs etc etc.

I really wish they would fix this am close to plat myself, i was thinking of getting the dlc but my luck i would buy it then next day the patch will come lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TreFlip5-0 said:

I have read that this was fixed, then I have read that people had to delete and restart to get the trophy. I didn't get the trophy both times I restarted. I dleted the data and tried again and still nothing. Any updates let me know please, this is the last trophy.

Nothing is fixed. I looked it up.

They patched the Steam version 8 days ago.

But still no console fix. Awesome 🙄

Features:
  • Added Chinese VO selection for Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese languages.
  • Updated game credits

Bug fixes:

• Players can now validate the "Complete cast" achievement even if they didn't buy the DLC
  • Fixed client-side dive kicks not affecting Servibots.
  • Tentative fix for Paradox Shredder sometimes soft-locking when defeated.
  • Fixed issues with player revival at the end of the Survival Super Shredder boss fight.
  • Fixed crashes in the Leaderboards menu.
  • Tentative fixes & improvements in BinaryContentManager to catch rare errors users seem to have when launching the game.
  • Fixed an oversight with Karai's sliding kick hitboxes.
  • Slightly increased range for the Super Dive Kick.
  • Fixed the two foot soldiers animated spawners using the wrong palette at the start of the elevator part of stage 7.
  • Fixed taunts being interrupted by the "Level Complete" animation.
  • Various SFX bug fixes.
  • Disabled pausing during survival game over.
  • Fixed double jump use while in Boss Mutation.
  • Tentative fixes on some random crashes.

https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/12512914/

Edited by TheDarkKratos

31 minutes ago, TreFlip5-0 said:

is a patch for ps4 being worked on?

I can't find any more information about the PS4 & PS5 versions.

ACHIEVEMENTS

• Fixed resetting the progression of stat-based achievements like "Complete Cast!" when starting a New Game.
  • Achievement unlock is now saved immediately. Achievement progression is now saved when leaving a stage.

Edit - WTF? I'm not replaying the whole game again...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1361510/view/3362518358054122480

Edited by TheDarkKratos

Hi folks! This is an oficial email from Dotemu [email protected]

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your report and really sorry for the inconvenience.

That's indeed a bug, and it wasn't intentional.

The issue has been resolved on our side and the fix should be included in the next patch.

We remain at your disposal if needed.

Kind regards,
Dotemu Support

Just wait, the patch will come! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, vinialedo said:

Hi folks! This is an oficial email from Dotemu [email protected]

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your report and really sorry for the inconvenience.

That's indeed a bug, and it wasn't intentional.

The issue has been resolved on our side and the fix should be included in the next patch.

We remain at your disposal if needed.

Kind regards,
Dotemu Support

Just wait, the patch will come! 

Glad to hear! It's one of the few remaining trophies I have left and was hoping this would be fixed before my PS Plus subscription expires.

On 11/5/2023 at 12:58 AM, plafix68 said:

Glad to hear! It's one of the few remaining trophies I have left and was hoping this would be fixed before my PS Plus subscription expires.

ha im in the same boat. my ps+ extra ends right after thanksgiving. im not reupping right away, so this patch really needs to drop in the next 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tomassi_8000 said:

Update 1.0.0.324 - 7 is now live. The trophy complete cast is now correctly showing 7/7. 

Thank you for the heads up. I had given up on this game.

Finally, both platinum's popped upon loading up the game.

57 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

literally 9 days after my ps+ extra expired. womp womp.

That really sucks. They took their sweet-ass time about patching it too. But at least they fixed it. 

• Like 1