Disc won't read, HELP?

ZekkenAlter

I actually borrowed a game from my friend namely Valkyria Chronicles 4. Afterwards I tried playing but the disc won't read and the PS4 says that it's either damaged or dirty so I tried cleaning it and even rebuilding my database. But to no avail, the disc didn't work. So I tried to return the disc to my friend and I tried it on his PS4. He also cleaned it using some kind of liquid cleaner and soft cloth and it actually works on his PS4. So I tried running it one more time, even rebuilding my database again and still doesn't work. What should I do?

26 minutes ago, GT__Jedi said:

The big question is: do all of your other games work?  Sometimes the laser just has an issue with certain discs.

Yeah, I currently have more than 50+ physical PS4 discs and they're all working perfectly. There's only two instances that this thing occured. The first one was when I borrowed a Borderlands 2 Disc on my nephew and this latest one. Most of my games are brand new and only a few are second hands games. And I also play those games from time to time and none of them had any issues.

• 3 weeks later...