Sorry if this is the wrong place

AzuriteScorpion

They're definitely pretty tough. A lot to learn and figure out to get through some of the harder boss fights. KH3 is definitely the easiest to play but it still took quite a while. Definitely play them bc they're fantastic (especially KH2), but getting the platinums is quite the grind.

If you want the order to play in:

KH1

Re:Chain of Memories

KH2

358/2 Days

Birth by Sleep

Re:Coded

Dream Drop Distance

0.2 A Fragmentary Passage

KH3

Melody of Memory

Edited by ShadowMan12034

This is the easiest KH to platinum by far, just the DLCs that give a bit of trouble but you get them with practice.

The guides here are really complete, back when I played I already knew these games by heart so I just used it for miscellaneous, gonna talk a bit about each, Chain of Memories is the only one that drags a bit because of the card system, it's fun tho and very important lore wise, KH 1 is a bit clunky specially of you play the games backwards but it's very simple even on Proud mode, the trophy for beating the game in under 20h seems difficult but you can do it on easy,  I think when I did I finished the game in 10 ish hours or so, Birth by Sleep is my favorite but the platinum can get very repetitive since you have to do everything 3 times, one with each character, Terra might be the one character who will probably give you some trouble since he's slow compared to Aqua and Ven, specially when facing the secret Boss Young  Xehanort, KH2 apart from the obnoxious Mushrooms XIII challenges is a breeze, Dream Drop Distance takes a different approach as you use monsters to fight ( you still control Sora normally) but it's also very simple really.

Hope this helps getting your bearings, it's a bit of scattered information but I hope it's useful, I got platinum in all of them and know most by heart, Kingdom Hearts is very dear to me so anything you need you can ask me here or send a message, cheers.

Edit: Just remembered something, start KH Days Before Chains of Memory, you need some cards that will only unlock if you played Days before.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AzuriteScorpion said:

I am nervous because i am a bit afraid of failure and i tend to give up

Well, the games take time and effort but they are not particularly difficult, try on an alternate account and see if it clicks with you, it's an incredible franchise.

9 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

And please please please, play in release order. It is absolute lunacy to approach this series out of order

This 

I played the first game way back in the day and loved it and I was totally stoked when KHII came out. I remember playing it and being soooo confused almost like I missed a game. That's because I did, KH Chain of Memories which came out on one of the GameBoy's. I can't imagine how a newcomer to series would handle being dropped into KHIII as their first game.

• Like 1

The question is what is your goal?

As a game they are not that hard, in my opinion every gamer can just finish the games on normal difficulty.

Most of the plats are very grindy and does demand to finish the game on the hardest difficulty which can take time to master.

But if you fear giving up on the plat it shouldn't stop you from playing these amazing games!

They are well worth it even without the plat :)

Personally KH and Yakuza are the 2 franchise where I put my trophy hunting spirit aside and just play them without trying the platinum.

One day I may try to go for the plat but I love these game so much that they are worth having an "incomplete" game on my profile :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2023 at 12:30 AM, AzuriteScorpion said:

I was wondering if all KH games are hard, cause i was thinking of trying this game, i saw the guide giving it a 4 out of 10, and i know the story order is best but are there any good walkthroughs for the other games?

You wont get the whole story if you dont beat all games. There are some awful grindy games and some very hard bosses that you need to beat on the highest difficulty as well where they 2 shot you. KH3 is a nice and fun game thos so far for me (like 3 worlds missing?) not sure about the grind and dlc tho. Just be warned that older games will be hard and insane grindy. Especially BBS since you have to do 100% 3 times and if you dont combine it which is recommended you have to play it 3 times on hardest difficulty as well. On top of that it had (I am not done with KH3 and DLC) the hardest Boss in the series which you guessed it right have to beat 3 times as well. Just one example of many grindy or hard things. 

On 9/13/2023 at 1:21 AM, AzuriteScorpion said:

I am nervous because i am a bit afraid of failure and i tend to give up

If you tend to give up you shouldnt play the series only for fun and not for platinum imo.

9 hours ago, AzuriteScorpion said:

I know that Birth by Sleep has an annoying ice cream minigame, I am not good at games like this and that i have to do it 3 times, any way i can beat it?

There is no trick or anything. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 2:22 AM, AzuriteScorpion said:

I know that Birth by Sleep has an annoying ice cream minigame, I am not good at games like this and that i have to do it 3 times, any way i can beat it?

For the ice cream minigame you just have to get perfect for one character to get the trophy , and good for the other 2 expect for one track I think since you need a specfic command . Anyways the ice cream minigame is quite a chore the first time but as you eventually keep trying and trying you will get better. Trust me I went from spending a full day trying to get the perfect trophy to getting all perfects with my last character in a couple of minutes.

• Like 1