PSVR 2 Unable To Track Surroundings

MrTacoNinja

Has anyone else had this problem? I've reset and redid my play area many times yet it continues to randomly pop up and usually disappears within a few seconds. I'm trying to play The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners but this shit is starting to piss me off! If you've had this problem what did you do to fix it?

I think that can happen if you changed or moved something in your room (anything, even a chair, or something that is on a wall or on the floor). If something is different in comparison to the last full room scan you did with the VR2 headset, it might affect it from recognizing it as the same place. This is only a guess though, but I had this problem before, and I think it was because of some minor (but very visible) changes I did to the room.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 5:15 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

Has anyone else had this problem? I've reset and redid my play area many times yet it continues to randomly pop up and usually disappears within a few seconds. I'm trying to play The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners but this shit is starting to piss me off! If you've had this problem what did you do to fix it?

I currently have a problem where it brings me to pass-through view and says press circle to return to previous screen. Does it actually say cant track or possibly the press cricle to return.

Cause if its the circle it could be that you also have damage on your cable and need to replace it same as me.

5 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

I currently have a problem where it brings me to pass-through view and says press circle to return to previous screen. Does it actually say cant track or possibly the press cricle to return.

Cause if its the circle it could be that you also have damage on your cable and need to replace it same as me.

Nah, it was the whole "unable to track surroundings" thing. A bit more light seemed to have fixed it as well as drawing the curtain closed on my window. Honestly I was expecting a bit more out of those cameras and the tracking because I don't think they're that good. 

6 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Nah, it was the whole "unable to track surroundings" thing. A bit more light seemed to have fixed it as well as drawing the curtain closed on my window. Honestly I was expecting a bit more out of those cameras and the tracking because I don't think they're that good. 

Just wait until your sense controllers get low on battery, I almost lost my mind today. If one loses the battery the other one turns off lmao and you need to wait a bit before they're usable again. That's my biggest complaint so far with VR2

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Just wait until your sense controllers get low on battery, I almost lost my mind today. If one loses the battery the other one turns off lmao and you need to wait a bit before they're usable again. That's my biggest complaint so far with VR2

Dude for real! The battery life is abysmal! Once I notice that the battery bars are down to one I pause whatever it is I'm doing and take a break while they charge. To be honest, for $600 dollars I'm not impressed with this thing. At all. 

I also had to search around the internet for some kind of solution to prevent the damn thing from slipping down every 5 fucking minutes and crushing my nose. Soooo... now when I play I velcro a microfiber cloth to the inner side of the headstrap (where the dial is located that you use to tighten it) and put a sweatband around my head. It's not the perfect solution as periodically I still need to adjust a little but it's now nowhere near as bad with the slipping issue and it helps to lock in that ridiculously small "sweet spot". The mura effect also sucks but I've learned to kind of just deal with it just like I was able to deal with that screen door effect from the original PSVR headset. 

Just now, MrTacoNinja said:

Dude for real! The battery life is abysmal! Once I notice that the battery bars are down to one I pause whatever it is I'm doing and take a break while they charge. To be honest, for $600 dollars I'm not impressed with this thing. At all. 

I also had to search around the internet for some kind of solution to prevent the damn thing from slipping down every 5 fucking minutes and crushing my nose. Soooo... now when I play I velcro a microfiber cloth to the inner side of the headstrap (where the dial is located that you use to tighten it) and put a sweatband around my head. It's not the perfect solution as periodically I still need to adjust a little but it's now nowhere near as bad with the slipping issue and it helps to lock in that ridiculously small "sweet spot". The mura effect also sucks but I've learned to kind of just deal with it just like I was able to deal with that screen door effect from the original PSVR headset. 

Yeah took me a long time to find a sweet spot for the nose, it's still not perfect tho. My friend recently bought 2 power banks and hand wrists for the controllers so they charge all the time, will probably do the same as I have to charge them 3 times per day sometimes. It's still a crime they don't sell them separately yet. Overall I had a good experience with the games but the overall experience of VR2 use is way worse than the first one, idk maybe I'm just impatient but the first one was just plug-in and play whenever you wanted and didn't have to care about anything. Now you need to charge the controllers to the max, update them, scan the room because you put a coffee mug on the table, and make the area larger...I love VR but stuff like this really pisses me off sometimes haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Yeah took me a long time to find a sweet spot for the nose, it's still not perfect tho. My friend recently bought 2 power banks and hand wrists for the controllers so they charge all the time, will probably do the same as I have to charge them 3 times per day sometimes. It's still a crime they don't sell them separately yet. Overall I had a good experience with the games but the overall experience of VR2 use is way worse than the first one, idk maybe I'm just impatient but the first one was just plug-in and play whenever you wanted and didn't have to care about anything. Now you need to charge the controllers to the max, update them, scan the room because you put a coffee mug on the table, and make the area larger...I love VR but stuff like this really pisses me off sometimes haha

Very true, man, and it's just so frustrating to deal with! We all paid $600 for this damn thing! WHY do we have to do all this extra shit?! Just like the PS5, when I bought the PSVR 2 I wrestled with taking it back to Target within that 14-day return period. Overall I'm glad I decided to keep them both but often I still have that small regret. $1,200 total for 2 systems I'm not totally satisfied with.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

My friend recently bought 2 power banks and hand wrists for the controllers so they charge all the time, will probably do the same as I have to charge them 3 times per day sometimes.

Yea saw that PolishPaul guy on youtube. He figured that after like 2 days of owning VR2.

The controller batteries are so small ,if I want to go for fastest achiever on something I am pretty much required to have a settup like that with power banks.

I do have long cables and all ,but it ain't the best with mote active games.

At some point I might consider getting another pair of senses.

Still kinda weird that you can only get the controllers if you buy another VR2 headset.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

Yea saw that PolishPaul guy on youtube. He figured that after like 2 days of owning VR2.

The controller batteries are so small ,if I want to go for fastest achiever on something I am pretty much required to have a settup like that with power banks.

I do have long cables and all ,but it ain't the best with mote active games.

At some point I might consider getting another pair of senses.

Still kinda weird that you can only get the controllers if you buy another VR2 headset.

They did say they will be sold separately "eventually" I hope it will be soon, wouldn't mind buying another pair.

• Like 1