Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

Wade_VC

If you've been banned from Modern Warfare 3 for being a jerk or cheating, you can start playing again in another 5,000 days. If you're a 13-year-old and you catch such a serious ban, you'll be 26.5 years old when you can play again. A serious ban is 5,000 days, or 13.5 years, according to MP1st. It's an interesting and mildly amusing way of presenting what is really a perma-ban.

Infinity Ward Creative Strategist Robert Bowling has confirmed the length of the bans, simply saying that "If you see this message, it means you've been Permabanned (for something bad)."

Indeed. While the counting down of days might give some players some measure of hope, it would probably better if they just sent a message saying "your account has been permanently banned."

Source: IndGams

• Like 1

Not if they ban by IP or MAC address...which would more than likely be the case...or I would like to think so anyway.

That would be the optimal solution, I doubt that's the case though. Activision would probably give them a slap across the face if they started doing things to decrease the amount of people playing their game.

That would be the optimal solution, I doubt that's the case though. Activision would probably give them a slap across the face if they started doing things to decrease the amount of people playing their game.

I dunno'. Let's face it, as with any game, the numbers of people who are assholes and jerks is very small, but their action effect a LOT of folks. I would like to think that developers would rather lose 10% of the idiots in favor of the 90% of those who are honest, fun and enjoyable gamer's.

If not, they may end up with that 90% not purchasing in the future.

I dunno'. Let's face it, as with any game, the numbers of people who are assholes and jerks is very small, but their action effect a LOT of folks. I would like to think that developers would rather lose 10% of the idiots in favor of the 90% of those who are honest, fun and enjoyable gamer's.

If not, they may end up with that 90% not purchasing in the future.

Hmm, I did not think of it that way. You are most certainly right about that. However, neither Activision nor Infinty Ward have ever tried to make their games more pleasant for the people that want to take the games seriously, I don't think that they just all of a sudden changed their mind.

We all know that both of those companies support their games very poorly, if even at all, and that they really only want people to play their game, no matter if their having fun or not. So how come they'd put so much time into this issue all of a sudden and have just neglected to adress all of the other flaws that makes their games unbearable? (in my opinion).

I agree. It is about time developers started weeding out those idiots who do nothing more than ruin game after game for the majority of folks playing.

I agree 100%. MW2 was a pretty good game, but the fucking campers and quickscopers completely ruined it! The funny thing is that in 13.5 years, COD would either be burned to the ground like Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk, or they'll be on their 30th entry to the series :rolleyes:

Not if they ban by IP or MAC address...which would more than likely be the case...or I would like to think so anyway.

I know for a fact that Infinity Ward have the power to ban you completely, as a friend of mine was console banned from Black Ops due to making a separate account which he hacked to 15th. He was then subsequently banned from the game on all of his other accounts.

I think this is a good way to cut down on the number of cheaters and hackers, and it actually means you know the people that are 10th prestige are legit. As opposed to on MW2 where you would get entire lobbies of hacked 10th prestiges.