PS5 Black Screen Issue

bikeman223

Does anyone else ever have an issue where you turn your TV off but when you return you get no image on the screen and it is completely black? The PS5 is still working and I can hear/navigate the menus. I'm sure its a TV input/output issue but I've had this TV a while and this has only just started happening. Is there any way to address this issue besides restarting the PS5?

- make sure tv is running latest firmware. Sometimes that firmware cant be installed via online,  only usb drive.

- cycle reset tv. Hold power button down until the tv shuts off and brand logo appears. Let it start back up. 

- Switch hdmi ports and try for a bit. If problem doesnt happen, you've isolated it down to a bad hdmi port. If it does still happen, see below.

- use a different hdmi port. If problem persists more. Try a complete different hdmi cable. (Maya 2.1 HDMI are great)

- check tv settings for sleep mode, dimming, auto-off settings, screensaving mode, as those all could play a factor.

if problem still continue, contact the support. tell them what you have tried and have your tv serviced if under warranty. I had a panel replaced 3x before it was perfect 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FOXHOUND__MGS5 said:

Is it a Samsung TV? I'm curious as I've had the same issue happening to me several times. 

It is a Samsung model.

13 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

- make sure tv is running latest firmware. Sometimes that firmware cant be installed via online,  only usb drive.

- cycle reset tv. Hold power button down until the tv shuts off and brand logo appears. Let it start back up. 

- Switch hdmi ports and try for a bit. If problem doesnt happen, you've isolated it down to a bad hdmi port. If it does still happen, see below.

- use a different hdmi port. If problem persists more. Try a complete different hdmi cable. (Maya 2.1 HDMI are great)

- check tv settings for sleep mode, dimming, auto-off settings, screensaving mode, as those all could play a factor.

if problem still continue, contact the support. tell them what you have tried and have your tv serviced if under warranty. I had a panel replaced 3x before it was perfect 

12 hours ago, ZoKu08 said:

Turn off auto game mode then turn it on in settings in tv menu or plug off your tv from electric socket whait 30 sec then plug it again that reset cache memory

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll test these out if I encounter the issue again.