UPDATED: PLATINUM STILL POSSIBLE BUT BE AWARE OF GLITCH

UPDATE: First my apologies if my title came off wrong. I was only saying don't buy it if you want the platinum however I found a fix. You can do one of two things. Unblock every player on your block list. It won't let you search for games at all (error code) if you have anyone blocked. The other option is to join a friend who can search. I'm currently doing the second method. More info in a comment of mine below. 

ORIGINAL POST: I bought the game cause it's 90% off and figured short plat on an anime I enjoyed. Well don't. You can't find online game sit just gives errors. No bots or anything, just instant error message. 

Reading other posts back in 2021 said it was fixed but guess it's unfixed. Sony better refund me. (P. S. Sony does not refund anything once you've downloaded a game, regardless if you play it.)

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius
  • Confused 1

Well mate you're looking for online battles in a game that's not popular or that well know so this should be expected, it's fine to warn people about issues but straight up telling people to not even play it really grind my gears, people have different priorities and approaches regarding trophies.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

...it's fine to warn people about issues but straight up telling people to not even play it really grind my gears... 

Have to agree here. It's bad enough telling people to avoid a game just because of trophies rather than the quality of the game, but to do so while also being incorrect about the advice given dumbfounds me.

I got the 100% in December 2022 and everything worked then. Cinthia there got it yesterday. In-fact if you look at the platinum achievers you'll see dozens upon dozens of people getting it within the last couple of years.

I appreciate it's frustrating for you if yours is for some reason not working, but don't use that frustration to try to put everyone off a game.

As a bit of advice: Did you attempt the approach recommended by the trophy guide?

Steps to play against bots:

1. Go to online battle from the main menu
  2. Choose Alliance Battle and pick a side
  3. Begin matchmaking, if you happen to match with another player then change your region and matchmake again until you don't find anyone
  4. After a couple of minutes the game will fill both sides with bots
  5. Play through the match using your chosen character, hopefully winning
  6. After the match select "Keep team, go to next game"
  7. Repeat steps 4 through 6
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

I bought the game cause it's 90% off and figured short plat on an anime I enjoyed. Well don't. You can't find online game sit just gives errors. No bots or anything, just instant error message. 

Reading other posts back in 2021 said it was fixed but guess it's unfixed. Sony better refund me. 

22 people got the trophy for first online battle this month.  Fail

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Well mate you're looking for online battles in a game that's not popular or that well know so this should be expected, it's fine to warn people about issues but straight up telling people to not even play it really grind my gears, people have different priorities and approaches regarding trophies.

My comment was regarding don't play it if you want the platinum, not to try the game if you don't care. Also the online is suppose to work regardless of players due to AI fill. Anyways refer to below for more info and fix. 

19 hours ago, cinthia_mendes said:

Hey there.

Just got the platinum yesterday so I can confirm it's working and fixed.

I was playing the NA version, physical copy, patched (don't if this matters but still). Never got any connection error.

I heard somewhere that that was a bug that could interfere: "if the player has any blocked account on PSN friend list, it could avoid connection"

Don't know if this is true because I don't have any blocked people, but you could try. Also heard people having problem if the connection is too slow. (My internet speed is 500MB)

Hope you can get the plat!

Thanks for this. I can find matches only when my friend invites me to his party. I believe the reason for this according to an old post is blocked players. Like you straight up get an error code and can't search if you have blocked players. He has none blocked while I have a decent size block list. I tried unblocking players but the ps5 keeps freezing so I just join him. Also confirmed this is the reason why because I made a new account to try. Then blocked some players and again it wouldn't work. 

Long story short, either unblock everyone or join a friend who can search games. 

Also to others replying I tried troubleshooting and everything prior to making this post. It's pretty reasonable why I was upset. 

19 hours ago, Nauticus87 said:

Have to agree here. It's bad enough telling people to avoid a game just because of trophies rather than the quality of the game, but to do so while also being incorrect about the advice given dumbfounds me.

I got the 100% in December 2022 and everything worked then. Cinthia there got it yesterday. In-fact if you look at the platinum achievers you'll see dozens upon dozens of people getting it within the last couple of years.

I appreciate it's frustrating for you if yours is for some reason not working, but don't use that frustration to try to put everyone off a game.

As a bit of advice: Did you attempt the approach recommended by the trophy guide?

Steps to play against bots:

1. Go to online battle from the main menu
  2. Choose Alliance Battle and pick a side
  3. Begin matchmaking, if you happen to match with another player then change your region and matchmake again until you don't find anyone
  4. After a couple of minutes the game will fill both sides with bots
  5. Play through the match using your chosen character, hopefully winning
  6. After the match select "Keep team, go to next game"
  7. Repeat steps 4 through 6

I updated my post and you can read comment above. Those troubleshooting steps you mentioned have nothing to do with my problem though. It literally gives me an error code when I try to search. 

18 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

22 people got the trophy for first online battle this month.  Fail

I figured that was on the PS4 version. I neglected to mention impossible on PS5, however turns out I'd still be incorrect. Read above or my updated post. 

I do want to say though the reason I can't search for people is absolutely wild, and it's been a problem since 2018 according to an old post. Who would think that gives matchmaking errors. 

4 hours ago, cinthia_mendes said:

@Stars_of_Sirius glad I could help! 😊

Good luck with your plat!

Yo I totally apologize because I actually somehow skipped your comment lol. I ended up finding an old post from 2018 shortly after making this post. I just didn't update my post until after everyone commented 😅 But yes your comment was spot on. 

• 3 months later...

I'm just giving an update, the online is still going!  My son and I are playing atm on the same team so we gain the trophies faster, we have to wait about 4-5 mins between matches then the game will add AI bots to make the game. This is only because the online is dead alas. It is a fun game, I don't know if I agree with it being a 3 difficulty, sometimes the online is luck getting the right team. Expect to be one-shotted by the enemy many times in a match. 😅

We do enjoy the online though, it is a fast paced melee/Shooter, friend on what class you choose.