Post launch support question

I really liked dying light 2 but I have a question about games with post launch support and that is does anyone actually bother with it?

I can understand dlc like a new story or whatever but anytime I see that dying light 2 gets updated it's either new weapons or a new event or something like that and do people really bother returning to a game just for that? 

I did everything in the game when it came out including dlc so what incentive would I have to get a new weapon for example with nothing to do in the game other than running around killing zombies?

Or when a game with post launch support adds new cosmetics. Why? Is it the feeling of owning every single item?

They are going to add a tower raid or whatever it's called and co-op missions at some point, now that's content. But everything else just feels pointless when there is nothing to do in the game.

Some people just like more content, regardless of what it is, because it's an excuse to play more of the game they love. Ultimately, it depends on what sort of person you are and how much you like the game, because if you're a hardcore fan, you're going to see everything the game has to offer (no matter what the new content is) and try your damnedest to acquire every single item at least once but if you're only a casual player and don't care for such trifles, you will only do the bare minimum then shelve the game until something more substantial is added.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Some people just like more content, regardless of what it is, because it's just an excuse to play more of the game they love. Ultimately, it depends on what sort of person you are and how much you like the game, because if you're a hardcore fan, you're going to see everything the game has to offer (no matter what the new content is) and try your damnedest to acquire every single item at least once but if you're only a casual player and don't care for such trifles, you will only do the bare minimum then shelve the game until something more substantial is added.

That makes sense I guess if you have nothing else to play. But despite my love for rdr 2 for example I often wish that rockstar would add real content to the game and not just new weapons or cosmetics. But that's just me. Techland is doing the same here by drip feeding players with not much substance but just enough to keep some players engaged.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 1:12 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

That makes sense I guess if you have nothing else to play. But despite my love for rdr 2 for example I often wish that rockstar would add real content to the game and not just new weapons or cosmetics. But that's just me. Techland is doing the same here by drip feeding players with not much substance but just enough to keep some players engaged.

The Bloody Ties dlc is alright but it's been out for a while now I know I'm late to the party.

Weapons and cosmetics never make me go back and play a game again.

Rockstar should have added something like they did for RDR 1.