Can someone explain to me?

HolyMemory

Character Tendency is how good/bad you are in your playthroughs.

Defeating invading players will shift your CT towards white, which is needed for the Friendship Ring from the Monumental.

You can either play normally and hope to kill other players, or you can deliberately partner with someone who'll allow you to defeat them in order to quickly push your CT towards pure white.

EDIT: the absolute best resource for Demon's Souls info is here: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-tendency

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HolyMemory said:

https://youtu.be/4EsHyoqlaeo?si=p45C4Kh16bIrCTAS&t=1222

minute: 20:15 - 21:18

i was using this video for guiding to get platinum but i really dont understand what he really say on here and I stopped playing.

I think this is the part in the plat where you kill the Black Phantoms to get pure white character Tendency.  Hes saying its easier to kill boosting partners than the black phantoms in the game, and it would be.  Killing the Black phantom NPCs is not difficult compared to some of the bosses.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

Killing the Black phantom NPCs is not difficult compared to some of the bosses.

Depending on how you approach these Black Phantom versions of NPCs, they can be more difficult that actual bosses. Looking at you, Scirvir.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to answer. But this is the what i dont get it. What exactly do I need to do next? While normally he commits suicide in the nexus after every boss fight, this time he accidentally died in the episode. Is there no consequence to this? Because I think the world tendency level changes only with boss fights.

Or is there anything you can suggest me for after the spider tank boss fight? like trying to get gold coin?

2 hours ago, HolyMemory said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer. But this is the what i dont get it. What exactly do I need to do next? While normally he commits suicide in the nexus after every boss fight, this time he accidentally died in the episode. Is there no consequence to this? Because I think the world tendency level changes only with boss fights.

Or is there anything you can suggest me for after the spider tank boss fight? like trying to get gold coin?

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11279-demons-souls-full-trophy-walkthrough

Hard to say what to do next, theres a lot of options.  Just keep going but keep an eye on the ring requirements.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HolyMemory said:

[..]While normally he commits suicide in the nexus after every boss fight, this time he accidentally died in the episode. Is there no consequence to this? Because I think the world tendency level changes only with boss fights.

My guess:

- He dies in body form in this world, to get the World Tendency of this single world where he is dying in, in the direction of Pure Black World Tendency.

- Because of the Pure Black World Tendency the Black Phantom NPCs spawn.

- And killing these Black Phantom NPCs helps the player to reach Pure White Character Tendency.  /edit Also killing the Black Phantom NPCs pushes the world again in the direction of White Tendency.

-> Character Tendency is not the same as World Tendency.

But as he listed at 20:35 in the video:

Going this route (Labeld: "No" at 20:35) takes longer then getting the character tendency boosted towards pure white or killing invaders when you feel ready for PvP (Labeld: "Yes" at 20:35).

Edited by Geridian
/edit
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:41 PM, maisie666 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11279-demons-souls-full-trophy-walkthrough

Hard to say what to do next, theres a lot of options.  Just keep going but keep an eye on the ring requirements.

On 10/13/2023 at 12:35 AM, Geridian said:

My guess:

- He dies in body form in this world, to get the World Tendency of this single world where he is dying in, in the direction of Pure Black World Tendency.

- Because of the Pure Black World Tendency the Black Phantom NPCs spawn.

- And killing these Black Phantom NPCs helps the player to reach Pure White Character Tendency.  /edit Also killing the Black Phantom NPCs pushes the world again in the direction of White Tendency.

-> Character Tendency is not the same as World Tendency.

But as he listed at 20:35 in the video:

Going this route (Labeld: "No" at 20:35) takes longer then getting the character tendency boosted towards pure white or killing invaders when you feel ready for PvP (Labeld: "Yes" at 20:35).

I'm sorry I forgot to thank you. I am progressing very well in the game right now.

• Like 2