Analogue 3D announced (2024)

Ghost

analogue-3d-controller.jpg?itok=JXIfbmx0

Controller mockup - *Image of console hardware and price pending at the moment.*

A reimagining of the N64.
4K resolution.
Original Display Modes.
Reference quality recreations of specific model CRT’s and PVM’s.

The first and only aftermarket solution supporting 100% compatibility in every region. USA, EU & JP.

The developer of the innovative Analogue Pocket, - a reimagination of the GameBoy family -  is back with an even more ambitious project.

The console promises to be completely engineered using the FPGA tech, running the Analogue OS and not relying on any emulation

It will support Bluetooth and 2.4g wireless, four original-style controller ports, 4K resolution, original display modes, and reference quality recreations of specific model CRT TVs and professional video monitors.

It won't play copyrighted ROM files and it'll play exclusively legacy game cartridges via the physical cartridge slot.

Analogue.co

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing that gets me is that it only plays official N64 cartridge's...which is where they lose me. That means an Everdrive won't work. It's a cool idea otherwise and I'll be interested in seeing the review videos to see how N64 games will look in proper 4K. But not allowing ROMs on it was a mistake.