Does killing void meatless trophy?

HaserPL

I have survived for 19 days (from the start until now) eating only coconuts, rations, and beans, and I haven't got any of the two trophies for not eating meat or fish. Does it really mean you can't even kill the animals (I killed them to level up cooking)? The trophy guide didn't say anything about that.

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I have survived for 19 days (from the start until now) eating only coconuts, rations, and beans, and I haven't got any of the two trophies for not eating meat or fish. Does it really mean you can't even kill the animals (I killed them to level up cooking)? The trophy guide didn't say anything about that.

I'm just trying to remember I'm pretty sure me and my partner did not kill fish till after Day 10 because we thought we had to use the fishing rod, and we hate fishing till we realized you could use the spear, so we did not touch any fish for quite a while lol. That being said we did live off Coconuts, Rations, Beans and I think we killed crabs but did not cook them as we dropped them in a pile that was not skinned. So that should rule out the killing part of this question, but as for cooking them and not eating them, I'm not sure if that voids it.

The game has had several patches since that exploit that I posted about, so things may have changed, best asking the DEVS on the Stranded Deep forums or reporting it as a bug they might have more information, or it may already be reported.

https://forums.strandeddeepgame.com/c/console-forums/22

6 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

I'm just trying to remember I'm pretty sure me and my partner did not kill fish till after Day 10 because we thought we had to use the fishing rod, and we hate fishing till we realized you could use the spear, so we did not touch any fish for quite a while lol. That being said we did live off Coconuts, Rations, Beans and I think we killed crabs but did not cook them as we dropped them in a pile that was not skinned. So that should rule out the killing part of this question, but as for cooking them and not eating them, I'm not sure if that voids it.

The game has had several patches since that exploit that I posted about, so things may have changed, best asking the DEVS on the Stranded Deep forums or reporting it as a bug they might have more information, or it may already be reported.

https://forums.strandeddeepgame.com/c/console-forums/22

The game is glitchy af. Made 8 farms and planted all seeds but 1 farm was from plank and one from metal and the trophy didn't pop as well. I have to wait for potatoes to grow and hope when I destroy it, after making two wooden farms it will pop...

14 hours ago, HaserPL said:

The game is glitchy af. Made 8 farms and planted all seeds but 1 farm was from plank and one from metal and the trophy didn't pop as well. I have to wait for potatoes to grow and hope when I destroy it, after making two wooden farms it will pop...

Yeah, it was very buggy when we played it, even more so in co-op boxes to be flying into the sky along with seagulls hitting your anchored raft, and it goes flying. We even had it where the rain did not fill up the water collectors, or it did not water the plants etc, it's generally a very buggy game takes a lot of patience to play. They have like 2 people doing all the coding, so patches take months to come out, and they tend to break stuff along with it.

5 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Yeah, it was very buggy when we played it, even more so in co-op boxes to be flying into the sky along with seagulls hitting your anchored raft, and it goes flying. We even had it where the rain did not fill up the water collectors, or it did not water the plants etc, it's generally a very buggy game takes a lot of patience to play. They have like 2 people doing all the coding, so patches take months to come out, and they tend to break stuff along with it.

I've read somewhere that planting them on a different island might help, so I will try for this trophy soon. As for No killing trophies, I guess I will do no fish while on an island and no meat while on the raft. I've ran out of rations and beans  and I'm not feeling like abusing the rng with the crates.

I’ve just had the game running in the background while doing other things. Only ate beans and I haven’t popped the 10 consecutive days on one island, no meat and no fish trophies. I haven’t earnt the 20/40 tools crafted or the trophy for planting all seeds so suffice to say there are a lot of bugged trophies at the moment. I also just tried getting the 10 corrugate pieces of furniture and that didn’t work either. At this point I’ll keep playing and see what I get and then leave a save backed up before escaping that I can come back to if and when they patch it.

2 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’ve just had the game running in the background while doing other things. Only ate beans and I haven’t popped the 10 consecutive days on one island, no meat and no fish trophies. I haven’t earnt the 20/40 tools crafted or the trophy for planting all seeds so suffice to say there are a lot of bugged trophies at the moment. I also just tried getting the 10 corrugate pieces of furniture and that didn’t work either. At this point I’ll keep playing and see what I get and then leave a save backed up before escaping that I can come back to if and when they patch it.

I wonder if they broke the trophies when trying to fix the autopop exploit. AFAIK the trophies worked fine before this thing exploded.

25 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I wonder if they broke the trophies when trying to fix the autopop exploit. AFAIK the trophies worked fine before this thing exploded.

There was an update on Tuesday that changed an awful lot of things so it wouldn’t surprise me if that broke things as well given the history of broken trophies with this game. It’s a shame really as I’m loving the game but I’m sure at some point they will be fixed. Once I’ve finished it I’ll most likely post the broken trophies on their website forum.

so before the 1.20 patch for ps4, i've gotten most trophy's together with my friend on his world, we started from scratch and got almost everything except for a few misc for me, one of them being the island hermit trophy, now that we finished his playthrough i've started my own world, and survived for more then 10 days on 3 different islands (i was just afking the 3 hours and 20 minutes to pass the 10 days) i didn't swim, leave island or nothing, but no trophy, my guess is that the patch broke something, but that could be just my dissapointment talking ofc. anyone any tips as to how i might get it? i was thinking of starting a new world on another save and retry, but i don't really want to wast that ammount of time again just afk'ing...

27 minutes ago, Whalobster said:

so before the 1.20 patch for ps4, i've gotten most trophy's together with my friend on his world, we started from scratch and got almost everything except for a few misc for me, one of them being the island hermit trophy, now that we finished his playthrough i've started my own world, and survived for more then 10 days on 3 different islands (i was just afking the 3 hours and 20 minutes to pass the 10 days) i didn't swim, leave island or nothing, but no trophy, my guess is that the patch broke something, but that could be just my dissapointment talking ofc. anyone any tips as to how i might get it? i was thinking of starting a new world on another save and retry, but i don't really want to wast that ammount of time again just afk'ing...

I tried on a different save slot staying for 10 days without ever sleeping and eating only rations and coconuts, no trophy popped for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I tried on a different save slot staying for 10 days without ever sleeping and eating only rations and coconuts, no trophy popped for me.

not looking good then. thanks for the quick response, it seems we might have to try and reach out to the devs again... my theory is that the 1.20 patch broke some trophies again, even though the patch notes comment on having fixed said issue.

I had major issues with the 10 days on ONE island when I done it, and that was on the patch of when the exploit was about. I think I did it like 5 times with trying different things, and eventually it did pop, but the game has always had buggy trophies, but yeah sometimes patches with this game do completely break trophies all you can do is either keep trying or wait for the next patch and hope it's been fixed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Whalobster said:

not looking good then. thanks for the quick response, it seems we might have to try and reach out to the devs again... my theory is that the 1.20 patch broke some trophies again, even though the patch notes comment on having fixed said issue.

i just popped no meat no fish trophies on my main save file after hitting day 42. I haven't been eating any of those since day 1 and I guess the game just lost track of it for some reason lol

10 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

i just popped no meat no fish trophies on my main save file after hitting day 42. I haven't been eating any of those since day 1 and I guess the game just lost track of it for some reason lol

but i didnt get trophies for crafting tools and 10 scrap metal pieces of furniture. 

9 hours ago, HaserPL said:

All I’ve eaten since I started is fish lol. I have a heap of beans and rations stocked up so I’ll start eating those and see if I get the no meat trophies at some point.

Might spend awhile longer than I planned to farming potatoes for fuel to see if I can get the 10 days on the same island even though it didn’t pop the last time I went for it.

I’m also trying one last thing for the all crops planted trophy which is planting kura, potatoes and quwawa when they are fresh instead of spoiled since I saw an old comment on YouTube about it.

I saved up a heap of corrugate and made way more than 10 items including tables and shelves without destroying any of them and no trophy.

I tried a few things for crafting tools including crafting way more than 40 and crafting everything under that category but no trophy.

On 10/23/2023 at 8:05 PM, HaserPL said:

Ohh f... I trying  to do 4 in 1 go  throphies and no luck.

I having problems with the

• Fish Are Friends 
  • Island Hermit 
  • Gone green
  • Seafarer

I didnt eat any meat, leave my island, nor sleep and still didnt popped.

My animals are in passive mode, does this matter?
Already survived for 14 days+

4 hours ago, imchroda said:

Ohh f... I trying  to do 4 in 1 go  throphies and no luck.

I having problems with the

• Fish Are Friends 
  • Island Hermit 
  • Gone green
  • Seafarer

I didnt eat any meat, leave my island, nor sleep and still didnt popped.

My animals are in passive mode, does this matter?
Already survived for 14 days+

no i was passive too

2 hours ago, imchroda said:

Basically, I decided to do this trophies later on, I wandering, if I use the compass to check where the north is, and then reload game to before that, will work for throphy to not use compass?

Probably not, but I wouldn't risk it the way the game (doesn't) work trophy wise right now. Besides you don't need the compass, the waves always go from north to south. Use that to localize the closest northern island, make a structure (I used the first leaves tent) and point it toward your middle island. Do that with South, east, and west, and from there it's easy. When sailing around the middle island, always try to have your middle island on either right or left side of your raft, and craft landmarks pointing you toward base. With the outer most circle of islands, it's easy to navigate them as you shouldn't have any islands on either left or right, and always see some islands on the other side. These islands will have markes that you have placed, so you always know where to go.

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Probably not, but I wouldn't risk it the way the game (doesn't) work trophy wise right now. Besides you don't need the compass, the waves always go from north to south. Use that to localize the closest northern island, make a structure (I used the first leaves tent) and point it toward your middle island. Do that with South, east, and west, and from there it's easy. When sailing around the middle island, always try to have your middle island on either right or left side of your raft, and craft landmarks pointing you toward base. With the outer most circle of islands, it's easy to navigate them as you shouldn't have any islands on either left or right, and always see some islands on the other side. These islands will have markes that you have placed, so you always know where to go.

good call, I have been putting bonfires only, but another structure seems a good idea

2 hours ago, imchroda said:

good call, I have been putting bonfires only, but another structure seems a good idea

Tents have an edge on the roof you can directly point toward your home base. Same goes for bird traps, but they require tad more resources. I also used the labeler to name the tents with NWSE for even easier navigation.

„I hear industrial is in Fashion“ is still bugged for me, but Four other players earned the Trophy in the last days.

Any solution what i have to do? I Deleted my save and updated to the newest Version. After that i started a New Game.

Edited by Hako300922

9 hours ago, Hako300922 said:

„I hear industrial is in Fashion“ is still bugged for me, but Four other players earned the Trophy in the last days.

Any solution what i have to do? I Deleted my save and updated to the newest Version. After that i started a New Game.

dont play on the newest version, thats the only solution.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:01 PM, HaserPL said:

dont play on the newest version, thats the only solution.

On 11/5/2023 at 8:07 AM, Hako300922 said:

New update was released, It fixed the bugged trophies. I crafted corrugated shelves and planted plants and got both trophies.