Games you managed to Plat after initially giving up on them.

Viper

Tales of Zestiria- I did a first playthrough when this game out 7 years ago, and disliked the game so abandoned it after the story. I decided to platinum this because last year randomly, when my mum visits me after ages and bringing along with her all my old PS3 games I had dumped in her house. I rewatched the cutscenes and did enjoy the second playthrough, the story was actually pretty interesting despite the patchy gameplay, plat was grindy and after 7 years hiatus from this game I had no idea what I was doing, but thanks to the user @AppleKratue I was able to Platinum the game, they helped me so much with this platinum. 

Lightning Returns- I got this on release day, I remember playing it for about 30 mins before deciding it was crap and left it for 2 years. Then I saw a 100% walkthrough randomly on XBOX Achievements, so I thought I might give it another chance and ended up enjoying it using this walkthrough. Perhaps navigating it on my own and dying all the time made my frustrated initially, but with the walkthrough I found that I enjoyed this game a lot more as I had a plan

• Like 2

This happened to me with GTAV Doomsday. I’d completed the trophies I could, but not Mastermind and Elitist. I was still fresh to the trophy hunting scene at that time and deemed those two trophies too difficult for my low skill level. So I had to become content with a 98% completion.

It wasn’t until years later that I came across someone who was really keen. We had played numerous games together and completed some long grinds. It all kinda happened at the best time possible because I was revisiting games I had not completed to 100%. Some other notable mentions are BO3 and BO4 which were both sitting at 1% for many years.

Overall I have to say that GTAV definitely isn’t hard to complete. It’s just another game with a long grind and when it comes to completing Doomsday, just remember to find people within your timezone because once you choose a team for the play through you have to stick with them from start to finish for the run to count in the end.

Edited by Mina
  • Like 1

A lot of them, first one was Super Meat Boy, when I got "I'm a golden god" I thought that the no death runs were impossible for me, after a few weeks I started to try and finally did it.

After that I begining to clean some old games of PS3 that I think were impossible too, like GT5, MGS2, Dead Space 2, MGSRR.

From that era only remains untouched Catherine and a few others incomplete that the servers were closed.

• Like 1

Nier Automata

Initially, I started the game and played the prologue all the way to the boss fight. I died there unfortunately and didn't know it was a perma death ( before you unlock the save pods) . I felt like a noob and rage quit when I found out I have to replay from the start. I hid the trophy list and decided to leave the game on the shelf for a couple of months, until I decided to get back and give it another try, and boy am I glad that I did! 

One of the best games that I've ever played!!! A pure masterpiece to say the least 👌🏻🥰 was a fun journey to platinum seeing the 3 endings with the third being the best of all! That credit's "mini game" and soundtrack still hit hard 😭

• Like 1

Mortal Kombat X 

Comes to mind first as the invasion boss stopped working and i gave up on it ever coming back but I got it in the end.

I even gave up on getting the 100% because of the Bo' Rai Cho trophy of winning a ranked matched with him without performing a combo over 4 hits but I fired it up the other day and managed to get it first time getting matched against someone who wasn't good at fighting games was luck. 

• Like 1

Skyrim.  At first and after sinking 30 to 40 hours into it, I still wasn't "feeling it" so to speak.  I came back to it a year and a half, 2 years later, started from scratch and loved every minute of it.

Killzone: Shadow Fall.  I bought it launch night with the PS4.  I played it a bit and realized the mp was going to be a gigantic grind which it was so I kind of gave up on it.  I came back to it a few years later, did the entire mp no boost playing naturally.  It took me 280 to 300 hours to earn all of the main game trophies for the platinum plus some of the dlc trophies.  I'm not that good at mp, but I really enjoyed the mp.  I felt it was every bit as good as Black Ops 2's mp. 

GTA V. A game I initially bought just to have fun with.  I had previously platinumed/100%ed RDR and knew that GTA V was going to be just as long and just as much of a grind so at first I didn't even consider the platinum.  Several years later, I got the bug for it.  I bought it digitally and sunk over two weeks of my life into it and earned the platinum (and then some) last year and thoroughly enjoyed it despite the grind.

Asura's Wrath.  I bought it at or near launch.  I enjoyed it and finished the initial story which isn't the full story.  You unlock a lot more with S ranks, I believe.  I returned to it several years later.  I started from scratch, grinded out all the S ranks and everything and earned the platinum and then some.  It's a really good, solid anime-style, action, beat-em-up that deserved a lot more love and praise and a full sequel instead of a very abbreviated dlc which finished the story. 

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS
  • Like 1