New game+ is a joke

Foremanskin

I´ve stopped playing for the time being. There is a patch that has already dropped on PC for NG+ bosses where the dev said the following 

• Balancing adjustments have been made for NG+ bosses and regions, especially in the almost end-game stages of NG+. We felt we were too enthusiastic and the previous curve was too steep.

Question is, when does console get this patch......
  • Like 2

I was really hoping that they change the "no vestiges in NG+" issue, but according with the last streaming they did, for what people that were there say it seems that they are very cool with it and... "most of the players like it"... so I did not expect changes on it at short term at least. I hope I'm very wrong.

Edited by Galserik

13 hours ago, Galserik said:

I was really hoping that they change the "no vestiges in NG+" issue, but according with the last streaming they did, for what people that were there say it seems that they are very cool with it and... "most of the players like it"... so I did not expect changes on it at short term at least. I hope I'm very wrong.

To be completely honest - lack of Vestiges is not the biggest deal. It is just a bit of "time waster". If you are forced to run through all mobs again and again, then you lvl up as well and you get ready for enormous HP pools of last bosses, but nonetheless this is quite annoying.

Monarch should be nerfed for sure (HP wise). I almost fell asleep while fighting him in ng+ and especially ng++.

16 minutes ago, John_the_twix said:

To be completely honest - lack of Vestiges is not the biggest deal. It is just a bit of "time waster". If you are forced to run through all mobs again and again, then you lvl up as well and you get ready for enormous HP pools of last bosses, but nonetheless this is quite annoying.

Monarch should be nerfed for sure (HP wise). I almost fell asleep while fighting him in ng+ and especially ng++.

It seems that PC players got that balance, I suppose is a matter of time until we get that too.

7 hours ago, John_the_twix said:

Did you farm all the armor pieces on the mobs during your NG or were you missing a few ones that you had to pick up in NG+ and NG++?

Because I'm missing some pieces (particularly in Forsaken Fen where the drop rate is really low) but I didn't know there were no Vestiges and I switched to NG+. It's going to be even more annoying to farm equipment with a 0.5% drop rate.

19 minutes ago, ArkoDark said:

Did you farm all the armor pieces on the mobs during your NG or were you missing a few ones that you had to pick up in NG+ and NG++?

Because I'm missing some pieces (particularly in Forsaken Fen where the drop rate is really low) but I didn't know there were no Vestiges and I switched to NG+. It's going to be even more annoying to farm equipment with a 0.5% drop rate.

I farmed most of the armor on NG. I did not want to move to ng+ before that. I was still missing some pieces when I moved, but fortunately I was able to get them via drop. It is better to farm on NG for sure.

For those looking for more detail on NG+ changes, Steam patch notes below. I assume it'll come to consoles eventually.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1501750/view/5320498334865886527

It sounds like they're keen on making the difficulty transition to NG+ and beyond much smoother, as well as being more accomodating of players who want a more chill time.

The point about working on a future patch for NG+ modifiers is interesting. It'd be wild if they released a DLC trophy list for them and included a trophy for completing the game on the permadeath mode.

Edited by BusyFace13

From today's patch onward, now when you complete your initial playthrough, you will be presented with a new option before embarking on your next runthrough; you can either progress directly to the next consecutive NG (i.e if you’ve just completed NG+1, you would move onto NG+2), or you can replay the current NG at the same difficulty, albeit retaining your character, items and progression, but resetting the entire world, including NPCs and questlines. This will allow trophy hunters and completionists to seek out any outstanding tasks without having to contend with increased difficulty, should they so choose.

A further patch this coming Thursday will see further updates made to the NG+ mode; instead of removing all vestiges (as it does currently), NG+1 will only see a few disappear while keeping the key locations intact. In NG+2, a few more will disappear, and then in NG+3 all but the main HUB (Skyrest Bridge) and Adyr's Shrine vestige will disappear. This way, our initial vision remains intact but is more of a gradual adaptation, awaiting those who seek increasing levels of challenge.

Good news. At least the NG+ options seems more logical.

Elianne’s health bar in ng+ is ridiculous.

** Spoilers

Spoiler

I finally beat her in ng+ after 5hrs worth of attempts, only to find out seconds later I cant even get her rememberance items because Molhu is dead and in mothers lull.

Edited by SiIentFalcon
added spoiler tags

2 hours ago, SiIentFalcon said:

Elianne’s health bar in ng+ is ridiculous.

** Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

I finally beat her in ng+ after 5hrs worth of attempts, only to find out seconds later I cant even get her rememberance items because Molhu is dead and in mothers lull.

Time to move onto another game.

I didn't have that problem, but I think you only have 1 chance to deliver the remembrance.