Torture Room Skip

hugesawfan

On 10/24/2023 at 2:06 PM, hugesawfan said:
  1. Now you can head to the top of the tower, bypassing the Otacon cutscene. Once you reach the top, climb up the ladder and then climb straight back down.
  2. Head back down and you'll find the boxes blocking you. [...]

How do you go up and down the tower with enough health and not using any more rations? the turrets keep attacking me as i used all ma chaff grenades walking up.

7 hours ago, Vendaar said:

How do you go up and down the tower with enough health and not using any more rations? the turrets keep attacking me as i used all ma chaff grenades walking up.

I did a first playthrough in the JP version to unlock de stealth cammo and then a second playthrough using both glitches + stealth device. Later I killed sniper wolf with Nikita missiles (beware of carrying at least 8 missiles BEFORE entering the comm tower as you need a minimum of 7).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2023 at 6:34 AM, VereorChris said:

I keep getting a cold after the skip and when I go get the medicine its not in my inventory?

Go through Mantis's room and into the wolf caves before returning and picking up the medicine in the Nuclear Warhead Storage B1 floor. Should show up in the inventory and be usable then.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got anything else to add on actually climbing onto the box back at the bottom of the stairs? I keep running back and forth but after probably 30 minutes of trying it still isn't working. Followed the instructions to the letter otherwise.

Edited by Spider-jam

• 2 months later...

Just did this on the Xbox version and it works perfectly. Doing it legit without the skip can actually be tricky due to the 25 kill limit and only being able to use one ration. The bandana and stealth don't really help with either of those requirements. The skips make it super easy to get Fox rank. The torture room skip took me a minute, the weapon glitch took about 10 minutes of practice before it worked, while getting on top of the boxes only took me about a minute. It was pretty easy to execute each step overall.

Edited by SublimeHawk