Torture Room Skip

hugesawfan

6 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

Wasn't there also a glitch to skip most of the comm tower, the rappel and the 3 guys ambush (Boba skip)? Unless that part is necessary to skip the Hind...

Yes, the Boba skip will allow you skip half of Tower A, the rappel sequence and the guard ambush on the outside walkway. Although it only saves you less than five minutes, for trophy hunters I think trying to replicate it would waste more time than if they just played through the tower normally.

24 minutes ago, zeero7uk said:

I've tried to get to the top of the com tower after using the weapon glitch, but the boxes haven't moved to let me progress to the top? 

You went to the bottom of the tower to trigger the two second cutscene showing you the destroyed staircase too? You haven't triggered the Otacon cutscene at all?

Edited by hugesawfan

10 hours ago, zeero7uk said:

I've tried to get to the top of the com tower after using the weapon glitch, but the boxes haven't moved to let me progress to the top? 

You have to do the glitch in the same room as the cutscene. If you do it in the room next door when you enter the boxes will move back. I made the same mistake today. 

edit: Can confirm. JP Version WORKS for Fox ranking. 

Edited by Evil-Fefe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil-Fefe said:

You have to do the glitch in the same room as the cutscene. If you do it in the room next door when you enter the boxes will move back. I made the same mistake today. 

edit: Can confirm. JP Version WORKS for Fox ranking. 

I did it in the same room right before where the cutscene triggers, I'm just practice running at the min though. I'll start a new save and try again later. 

40 minutes ago, Mc-Bman89 said:

Probably a dumb question so my apologies... When you folks are saying to play the JP version, does that just mean playing Integral? Or would I actually need a Japanese psn account to own that version of the game?

I selected the language in the original game and downloaded a new dataset for the JP version. Not the Integral version.

8 minutes ago, hawkiq said:

Am facing problem here

1. Grab the FAMAS, C4 and PGS-1 in B2 of the first building.

i can't pickup psg-1 so as FAMAS

They get added to your inventory, you just cant use them immediately until you pass through the Tank, Mantis and Wolf rooms.

spacer.png

Everything was cool until the end I played MGS Integral on easy used bandana but I didn't got the Fox code name is there something wrong?

edit: I misunderstood the post, I have to play OG Japanese version of the game not Integral 🥲 I have to play game again then.

Edited by hawkiq

Struggling a bit with pulling off the Hind skip glitch. Whenever I successfully pull it off the gun cameras end up shooting the crap out of me. Is the whole idea to spam chaffs in this area (bearing in mind I will need some for REX later) and use up my 1 ration limit here too?

14 minutes ago, danh90 said:

Struggling a bit with pulling off the Hind skip glitch. Whenever I successfully pull it off the gun cameras end up shooting the crap out of me. Is the whole idea to spam chaffs in this area (bearing in mind I will need some for REX later) and use up my 1 ration limit here too?

There are plenty more chaff grenades after the towers. If you have stealth camo you can just run past the cameras, if not chaff grenades are the only way to get past them.

20 hours ago, danh90 said:

Would I be ok using one ration as well? Low on health from rapel segment. No stealth camo as switched from English to Japanese version for 2nd playthrough.

Well that's a trade off for you to make. If you're gonna save a ration for anything I would recommend saving it or the final jeep sequence. Although it's far from impossible to do the jeep without a ration, it'll probably take you a few attempts.