Buggy trophies

Yeah, but right now I've killed the Pain like 11 times and no trophy at all. I've got all frogs and fish, same no trophy. I killed the end early AND no trophy. It's bugged as hell on PS4, and it's random that's the worse thing. I've already contacted Konami.

Edited by AngelMCZ

I now know how to partially fix it si you can get your trophies:

Before you reach any Milestone to get a trophy,  save (do not overwrite), so you get another save file. Proceed to the área where you Will get your trophy, if you dont get it, close the game AND reload the new save file. I got 4 trophies like that.

If you check the ps3/vita guide (tips and strategies section) of MGS3 on this site, it says that if you don't choose "I Iike MGS3!" at the beginning of the game the trophies may glitch. I completed a very easy playthrough while selecting "I love MGS3" and I got 50 of the trophies (Foxhound needs another playthrough) without having any issues.

Edit:

Seems like the problem is the NA version. I saw that you guys are from the US and I found a guy on reddit who had the same issue who he also played the NA version. 

Edited by athanasios_osfp
Update
  • Like 1

I dunno seems really buggy to me, most of the trophies never popped even though the requirements definitely were met(boss battle and other story related trophies for example) . I am playing the European version and did choose "I like MGS3" when asked. Real happy to play one of my all time favorite games again almost 20 years later, but it's kinda frustrating if something as simple as trophies are screwed up, thankfully the game itself works like a charm!

17 hours ago, FuuJojo said:

Maybe this was my problem too.. I was certain I got every Kerotan but it didn't pop on The Boss fight but I still got the stealth camo at the end but not the trophy for getting every camo... What? Lol. 

Close the game and reload the last save before the credits. That worked for me in my FOXHOUND rank that glitched.

• 2 weeks later...

So weit ich das beurteilen kann sind einige Trophäen davon betroffen: Die Spiel-Abschluss trophäen, einige Trophäen zu den Bossen wie "The Fury" und "The Boss". Die "Unglaublich aber wahr" Trophäe bekommt man erst wenn man die Schlange mit nimmt und nach der Szene mit Eva hinter dem Wasserfall (nach der Folterszene bzw. nach den Bosskampf "The Sorrow) die Schlange wieder einfängt! Die Trophäen wo man eine Wache KO schlagen muss und die Trophäe wo man sich eine Kugeln entfernen lassen muss ist auch sind auch verbuggt!

As far as I can tell, some trophies are affected: the game completion trophies, some boss trophies like "The Fury" and "The Boss". You only get the "Believe it or not" trophy if you take the snake with you and catch the snake again after the scene with Eva behind the waterfall (after the torture scene or after the boss fight "The Sorrow)! The trophies where you KO a guard has to beat and the trophy where you have to have a ball removed is also bugged!

I started playing the PS4 and PS5 versions simultaneously, but I noticed that I didn't get the Young Gun trophy during the Virtuous Mission in the PS4, so I decided to restart with the European version, and that's how I got the trophy.

I hate Konami.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd love to know about this as well, especially since I intend to buy a physical PS 4 copy of Master Collection Vol. 1, which unlike the other versions, wasn't released physically until now. If the disc is the patched build and there are no buggy trophies, I'd be very happy indeed!

Edited by Cosmokeeper