MGS1 trophy bug? Practice Makes Perfect Complete all VR training missions

JoseDekYT

46 minutes ago, GaMeVoLt said:

I can confirm you get the trophy from playing Metal Gear Solid Special Missions.

This one.

spacer.png

Once I finished all 300 missions the trophy popped. You do not need to be in the top 3 scores. Just beating them counts.

spacer.png

UK is bugged but EU is fine, just all select special mission banner and language ITALIAN. Do it all 300, just complete, no need record and trophy pop. 

So I just got it after doing all special missions after wasting my time doing the VR disc. Good news is you don't have to get a placement in the time attacks so you can just blitz it and not worry about time. Does anybody know of you can earn base game trophies on the US version causes its 60hz and faster than the EU, but don't want to waste time if it's bugged just like the US VR Missions 😕

Edited by AdvancedHybrid

I just did all the missions in the US version for nothing, thanks devs. 

I wouldn't hold my breath on them "fixing" the bug either.  Certainly didn't help that the trophy says "complete all VR missions" gee what VR missions? The 10 in the original game? The US version? The EU version? Nah special missions which is something you have to download additionally, what a slap in the face.  If those are the credentials for the trophy then just say complete all the special missions, pathetic. 

Oof, just found out the hard way about this.

But the thing is, I was definitely playing VR missions specifically (rather than Special Missions) when I got the 'Git Gud' trophy. I wonder if certain missions being done last effect the pop for 'Practice Makes Perfect' ? Surely if you had to play a specific version then trophies wouldn't pop at all in others.

For anyone who has the plat already, do you remember what mission you did last?

1 hour ago, STRYKIE said:

Oof, just found out the hard way about this.

But the thing is, I was definitely playing VR missions specifically (rather than Special Missions) when I got the 'Git Gud' trophy. I wonder if certain missions being done last effect the pop for 'Practice Makes Perfect' ? Surely if you had to play a specific version then trophies wouldn't pop at all in others.

For anyone who has the plat already, do you remember what mission you did last?

I played them through pretty much in order. I done it on the UK version of Special Missions to counter what @LadyZero__said, it definitely works on the UK one just fine. Although I done the Ninja missions last, as was pretty excited about doing them and find them very fun, so wanted to get the platinum with that.

Edited by Colzeo

On 10/26/2023 at 5:39 PM, GaMeVoLt said:

I can confirm you get the trophy from playing Metal Gear Solid Special Missions.

This one.

spacer.png

Once I finished all 300 missions the trophy popped. You do not need to be in the top 3 scores. Just beating them counts.

spacer.png

weird mine looks like this

https://x.com/jason_brost/status/1718055655636897914?s=20

Confirming I got the trophy for completing 300 VR missions under the third game option "Special Missions" --> English (UK).  I had to download a European Pack for these.

I did NOT do any VR missions under the first option / main game, nor did I do any VR missions under the second game option "VR Missions."

Okay thought i'd come here seeing why the "Git gud" trophy wasn't popping after doing a vr mission (I followed some more as got carried away only 3 or 4)... so anyway then I came off MGS1 Vr Missions then thought okay I'll try the "VR Missions" game did another few then still not seeing it pop... but turn's out it popped silently.... anyway back to topic.

So if i'm getting this right you can get the trophy for doing 1 VR Mission on all the other versions of VR Missions but you only get the full 300 done trophy from the "Special Missions" game? What sorcery is this Konami! I'm sorry for all of you that had to go through all them for a few hours a day 😕 and thank you all for the clarification!

Did only read this thread after doing the 300 on the vr missions version, of course it didn’t pop. how can something like this even pass certification? Someone in North America had to playtest this

i hope they patch this soon, it only took me 3-4 hours because i played this to death as a child and still knew most Tricks and solutions  , but I’m not willing to do it again, with the slow ass 50hz pal version of all things