Free Content Plan 2023

TrophyChief

• 3 months later...

Is there information (on social media, etc.) that reveals plans for paid, large story DLC? We know the free update plans. At this point, I think there are only New Game Plus modifiers left. Will this be the end of LotF support?

On 3/3/2024 at 6:31 PM, Kessarath said:

Is there information (on social media, etc.) that reveals plans for paid, large story DLC? We know the free update plans. At this point, I think there are only New Game Plus modifiers left. Will this be the end of LotF support?

I think if there is anything else, then it will get revealed after the NG+ modifiers drop. The update content is becoming more about maintenance slowly so seems those modifiers are the last major things they're working on.

So they may start thinking about future DLC plans afterwards.

Though im not sure if this game has underperformed or not in regards to their expectations so who knows if they will drop support soon. I enjoy the game, though it was released in a bad state and although some are giving the Devs credit on their commitment to updates, at the same time, it looks really bad that 'they have had to release all these updates'. And I think the state the game released in, has hurt the sales in the long term.

Releasing straight after the super polished Lies of P perhaps didn't help it because it highlighted just how unpolished this game was at release.

I wish they delayed this 6 months to polish it up more.

• Like 1

@Optinooby

When I finished the Platinum at the very end of December its technical condition was good. I only had two major technical errors - a fatal error during Umbral Ending and an unkillable Reaper once during last playthrough. However, it was possible to bypass this bugs.

As you wrote - they rushed the premiere for several months. Fantastic game, the best I played last year (this year too, so far). I will wait to sell the box, but I think now that they will end support after fixing the rest of the small bugs and adding modifiers to the new game plus. Regards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Admittedly it was less than perfect at launch, and at one point there were issues with stuttering on autosave. That's been fixed. I would buy a paid DLC expansion for this if they make one. FromSoft and Bandai Namco did keep quiet about Shadow of the Erdtree until not too long ago.

It was mid-January when I got the plat on LOTF. I never had the Umbral ending bug.

One thing I'd like to see is PS5 Pro support when that comes around. Maybe a 4K 60 mode if that's possible.

• Like 1

I didn’t get the game until February and it ran really good. The devs have been extraordinarily active in updating it. The 2 technical things I could recall were: 
1) The smoke in The Empyrean level would occasionally appear pixelated 

2)  A couple times the games frame rate would start to hitch if I had been playing for a while. Closing the game fixed this. 

Overall a great game and I had a blast with it. Would definitely buy new DLC modes and story content.