Ground Zeroes Platform-Exclusive Content Coming to All, Free, This May

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/24/mgs-ground-zeroes-platform-exclusive-content-free-for-all-in-ma/

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes' console-exclusive content will soon launch as free DLC across all available platforms, Metal Gear Solid series producer Hideo Kojima revealed this week on the Kojima Productions podcast.

Ground Zeroes premiered last month with the Classic Snake skin and the "Deja Vu" mission on PlayStation platforms, while the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions featured the "Jamais Vu" mission starring Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance's cybernetic Raiden.

The date "5/1" accompanies the announcement, though it's currently unknown whether this is a worldwide DLC release date or a launch date for the DLC in Japan.

Gotta say...I saw this coming a mile away.

So I suppose if you didn't get the DLC on launch it doesn't matter now, so even if you buy the game used you can download both sets of DLC for free?

So much for the incentive of pre-ordering if the DLC will just be free to anyone anyway - not that I'm complaining cause I'm yet to get this game (waiting till I buy a PS4) but if I did pre-order this game with the pretence of receiving exclusive DLC I may have been quite annoyed with the fact It was going to be free all along anyway, thus no reason to bother pre-ordering.

So I suppose if you didn't get the DLC on launch it doesn't matter now, so even if you buy the game used you can download both sets of DLC for free?

So much for the incentive of pre-ordering if the DLC will just be free to anyone anyway - not that I'm complaining cause I'm yet to get this game (waiting till I buy a PS4) but if I did pre-order this game with the pretence of receiving exclusive DLC I may have been quite annoyed with the fact It was going to be free all along anyway, thus no reason to bother pre-ordering.

It came with the game no matter what ( Playstation got Deja Vu, Xbox got Jamais Vu ). It wasn't a pre-order bonus or anything like that, just exclusive content. What this means is that, now, everyone gets all of the content - nothing to really be upset over.

It came with the game no matter what ( Playstation got Deja Vu, Xbox got Jamais Vu ). It wasn't a pre-order bonus or anything like that, just exclusive content. What this means is that, now, everyone gets all of the content - nothing to really be upset over.

Great answer - so no matter when the game is purchased (probably next year for me?) I will still get the PS content aswell as the XB one now.

I really hate pre-order DLC but I'm such a sucker for it.

So, the patch went live today. Seems that's all it really was - a patch to add the content in, rather than a downloadable mission from the store.

There are no trophies added, for those concerned.

As far as the mission itself - a lot more fun than Deja Vu. I liked the Snatcher vibe, and, obviously, there was much more action. Both offer a unique experience, but I definitely enjoyed JV over DV.