Killing NPCs voids OneShot?

yunasphere

Just wondering if anyone can 100% confirm whether killing NPCs voids the OneShot trophy or not? Seen various things online but even then most are outdated.

I'm playing with my friend and as a joke he killed Taylor early on - halfway through the game it just occurred to us that this actually landed us on the black game over screen and we're worried its voided our no death run 😭

On 11/8/2023 at 11:34 PM, HaserPL said:

If you continue from the most recent save then yes, it is. If you press to continue from the 2nd save it won't.

Do you know this from experience? Because I'm asking specifically about NPCs - we didn't die, we just got a game over, and some forums have said that they still managed to get the trophy because its not actually a death. The reason I'm asking here is because these forums are old or for the 360 version of the game so I was hoping for a more reliable source.

1 hour ago, yunasphere said:

Do you know this from experience? Because I'm asking specifically about NPCs - we didn't die, we just got a game over, and some forums have said that they still managed to get the trophy because its not actually a death. The reason I'm asking here is because these forums are old or for the 360 version of the game so I was hoping for a more reliable source.

It happened to me on ps3 as well, and it was years ago, so I'm not sure how it works right now. 

On 11/8/2023 at 11:34 PM, HaserPL said:

If you continue from the most recent save then yes, it is. If you press to continue from the 2nd save it won't.

This^

If you die or kill someone, then load your most recent save, it's game over for the respective trophies so you will have to start over but if you load your backup (i.e. the second or third save on the list), you're good to go because the death/kill hasn't been saved. I did this for both the PS3 and PS4 versions and never had any issues getting any of the trophies.

• Like 1