Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Nice job! Also, that formatting is immaculate...how on Earth do you get such a nice table in your forum posts?

lol, thanks. It's just a basic google sheet cut+pasted into the forum, then with colors added to keep track of progress. I think I stole the idea from someone in this or one of the other event threads!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

Why? Because I hate myself.

Hey, my reasonings for doing this game for my list is because I already had Binding of Issac on my other account and the other options were FPS or stuff that would drive me to an early grave if I tried them. At least this is an RPG. :lol:

Then again, if I really cared about myself, I wouldn't be doing this challenge. I'm 51 and my motis are low, so throwing myself to the wolves playing a really hard game like Mugen Souls is stupid unlike I really really like the characters and game and I do. (Of course, those games will have to wait until I can consript some money to them because I am saving up for a trip to Utah and a three day stay at a hotel, which isn't cheap. At least my dad offered to cash in his precious frequent flyer miles to get me an airplane ticket to and from.)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, adrifected248 said:

Count me in! Maybe I'll make it this year, at least I hope so. These are my games for now:

Also here are the badges I'm going for:

Hide contents

• spacer.png Above and Beyon- Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 100 or more hours [Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time]
  • EMLwD2p.png Anthropomorphic - Platinum a game with an animal main protagonis[Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time]
  • NnVqfzc.png Backlog Breaker - 3 or more games on your list had 1%+ progress BEFORE 2024
  • PoKXZWi.png  Fanboy - Platinum a game published by Sony [The Last of Us]
  • JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre (excluding Action, Adventure and Fantasy genres) (Horror) [TLoU Part 1, TLoU Remastered, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Slender: The Arrival, Resident Evil Village, Outlast 2]
  • ZMyUIcs.png No Plat No Problem - Earn 100% base game trophies on a game without a platinum [Slender: The Arrival]
  • Royal-Flush.gif Royal Flush -  7 or more of your games on your list had 1%+ progress BEFORE December 2023

I hope it'll get me motivated to cleanup my backlog a bit. Wish me luck 🫠

Good luck everyone on completing your lists!

Great list! Love the horror based One Trick Pony.

If you're looking into your backlog, checkout this event too

• Like 4

I found that Star Ocean 4 HD is included in my PS+ Extra package for free, but I have no idea if the trophy list for that game is the same as the one for International, which is the version covered by PlaystationTrophies.org, and it's rated at a 9.5 difficulty, so I don't know if it's worthy of being a 10. :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I found that Star Ocean 4 HD is included in my PS+ Extra package for free, but I have no idea if the trophy list for that game is the same as the one for International, which is the version covered by PlaystationTrophies.org, and it's rated at a 9.5 difficulty, so I don't know if it's worthy of being a 10. :(

You can use it as either your 9 or your 10, as it's pointed out in the rules.

On 12/1/2023 at 2:43 PM, Rebourne07 said:

If you find a rating on a site that is X.1, X.5, X.X etc. then you can count it as either/or as long as it's X.1+. So, for example, say you find a game that is rated as 6.4/10, then you can count it as either your 6 or your 7. This will especially happen a lot on playstationtrophies.org with ultra difficult games since the community vote method ensures a game can be 9.X, but will almost certainly never be voted as a pure 10/10. In the case of a game that is 9.01+/10, you can count it as a 9 or a 10.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Sure it is. You can choose if a 9.5 is a 9 or a 10 difficult :)

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, UnIvIIIrsum said:

List 01 – Loyalist – Ultra Rare

01. Oh… sir! The Insult Simulator PSNP 100h

02. Harvest Moon: Light of Hope NA PSNP 100h

03. Final Fantasy VIII PSNP 45h

04. Reus PSNP 50h

05. Tactics Ogre: Reborn PSNP 120h

04. Reus... There is RNG and there is RNG that can fuck up your latest 2-4 hours. I rather take under 1% chance once per week than this again. I felt regret when I knew what I was in for. The relief when done was awesome. More rare than Trackmania Turbo... and 10000% less fun.

Ouch man that’s rough 😕

• Like 2