Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

9 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

I have tried some other backlog events in the past and fell off them cause new games are fun. But I do have 100+ games I need to finish and maybe the gamification of this event will help me out. So I am in.

Current completion is just under 86%.

Oh wow, 100+ games to finish with a profile completion rate that high already! That’s impressive :)

28 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Oh wow, 100+ games to finish with a profile completion rate that high already! That’s impressive :)

I just checked and I have 140 that have unearned trophies that I can still complete. And 17 that I can not complete.

Realistically there are about 14 of that 140 that I will never finish do to lack of interest / too hard / too grindy. So 126 to do eventually.

• Like 1

I'll join for sure :) Hoping to focus on backlog in the new year, I actually don't have many new games on my watchlist for 2024 besides the Tomb Raider remasters and some PC stuff. My main priority will still be difficulty challenge but besides that I'll be looking to do some RTS games I've had laying around, namely Company of Heroes 3, Ancestors: Legacy, Iron Harvest, and Evil Geniuses 2. The way the event is structured I might end up doing a very dumb thing and putting heaps of 1% complete games on my profile in the last couple days of this year to give me more options haha.

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, VersusCA said:

I'll join for sure :) Hoping to focus on backlog in the new year, I actually don't have many new games on my watchlist for 2024 besides the Tomb Raider remasters and some PC stuff. My main priority will still be difficulty challenge but besides that I'll be looking to do some RTS games I've had laying around, namely Company of Heroes 3, Ancestors: Legacy, Iron Harvest, and Evil Geniuses 2. The way the event is structured I might end up doing a very dumb thing and putting heaps of 1% complete games on my profile in the last couple days of this year to give me more options haha.

That works man :D 

Hi Guys,

count me in. I already have some Backlog clean up in my Platinum Difficult Challenge. I think that I can connect them right away! :)

My actual completion rate is ~62 % .. I want to beat my old me for not thinking about trophies! Leave the year with something over 80 % would be awesome :) 

I hope I have enough stamina to "clean" some old games .. 

Edited by vsvpl1501
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MAUSZX said:

One tiny problem is that a lot of games that are in someones backlog means they haven't even started the game. So this would only tackle a selected amount of games. Imo.... Might still join tho.

True, this is more specifically for games you’ve started but never finished or for raising your profile completion percentage. That kind of backlog. 

I will tentatively join.

My second Difficulty Challenge list is likely to be a collection of games from my backlog so this will mesh with that.

My primary focus will be on my main Difficulty Challenge Games (which are all sitting at 0% for the Fresh Starter Badge) so my updates will likely come later in the year.

But raising my %Completion is on my to do list:

it currently sits at 72.31% [82 Incomplete games - 7 of which are unobtainable] so plenty of choice.

• Like 1

I will also combine this with the difficulty challenge, so I'm definitely in this too.

Focusing on my backlog is my "never ending" project as younger me did not bother about the completion% nor even trophies in general... That's why I'm sitting with so many ps3 games which I don't even have access anymore with just few trophies earned. I wish Sony would add different versions of games to stream on (for example ps3 version of FC3, BF4 or South Park: The Stick of Truth) as all these games can be played, but only in ps4 versions. I have raised the completion% from ~40% to 63,5% in the past 2 years but it's still a long journey to my current goal of 80% while trying to achieve less than 40% (current 44,31%) of trophy rarity during the process.

• Like 2

Sign me up.

I have around 10 games in my Backlog wich i will finish 2024 to reach one of my highest over all Percentige Rate.

I hope i will get every of the 10 games done troughout 2024.

I tried multiple times to get rid of these games but i didnt found time yet, now the time will come.😀

• Like 2

I want to join too, my percentage is 87.93% right now, might start some games before the end of the year to have more options to participate. 

EDIT: my backlog in PSNP is around 50, but games in my actual backlog are 200+ (ps+, sales, etc) so thats why I will start some of them 

Edited by Kirenoxs
expanded reply

3 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I'll sign up! I've had some games that I've been meaning to get cleaned up for a few years now.

I also have a couple of games that I know will be getting new DLCs in 2024; are those going to be eligible for points?

Yes, games that get new DLC in 2024 count since you have trophies in the base game already so it's part of your official backlog :)

• Like 1

Im in. I have 68 games in my Playstation Backlog. Even though i dont think 2024 will be better than 2023 Difficulty and lenght wise. 

I just started paying atention to my backlog about 4 years ago and i noticed that i finish 35 to 39 games and plat about 90% of them. 

• Like 1