Are all the trophies online?

Sebulba2000

On the PSNP guide, only 3 trophies were marked as online, while PSTrophies' guide marks 5 of them as online. However, after reading the forums, I've seen people saying this game's save files are tied to the servers and you can't access the Krypt while being offline. So my question is: what's really online in this game?

Edited by Sebulba2000

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there are some differences when it comes to the part of being online in Mortal Kombat 11.

There is the multiplayer part where you have the internet connected and Playstation Plus subscription:

- R-E-S-P-E-C-T  |  Pay 100 total respect points in King of the Hill

- Kopetitor  |  Play 50 Kasual Versus matches

- Teamwork  |  Play a Group Battle with 2 other players

These are the three multiplayer related trophies! Other than that you don't need a Playstation Plus subscription but an Internet connection when you want to do everything related to the Krypt:

- Grave Robber  |  Open 200 Krypt chests

- Enough Already  |  Hit the gong in the Krypt

- My Magic Shoes  |  Run 5 miles in the Krypt

- Get Over Here  |  Spear 50 hanging bodies in the Krypt

- Skull Kabob  |  Impale a head in the warrior shrine

- Gimme Dat Money  |  Spend 50'000 koins in the Naknadan shrine

And while you actually can grind Towers offline for 250, it would be better to play the Towers of Time, which can also be played only with an Internet connection. And why would it be better? Because of the following trophies related to the Towers of Time:

- More Power  |  Use 50 Konsumables

- Konsumed  |  Use 100 Konsumables

- Have We Met  |  Equip 5 different character intros

- Victorious  |  Equip 5 different character victories

You can use Konsumables during Fights in the Towers and also get Konsumables as Tower rewards or from chests in the Krypt. Character Intros and Victories can be rewarded from the Towers of Time as well. Me as an example have already got 1 new character intro for Frost which I got together with a new Outfit from her Tower.

EDIT: There are two more trophies I realized later that need an online connection to play the game mode. I add them here too for anyone looking at this thread in the future:

- My AI Can Do It  |  Play 10 AI Battle Simulator sets

- Puppet Master  |  Play 25 AI Battle Simulator sets

I hope I didn't forget anything, the rest of the trophy list should be completely be obtainable offline, if I'm not wrong! :)

Edited by Kirilianov
  • Like 1

I think the issue is that the game refuses to save progress you've made unless it can sync that progress to the server. I tried to do Happy Endings (beating 10 Klassic/Offline Towers) when the server maintenance was happening and none of the progress saved, so I ended up having to redo those towers when the servers were back up.

There might be one or two trophies that can unlock offline, but I wouldn't know what they are; the overwhelming majority do require a connection to unlock.

Edit: Whoops, my comment was about MK1 and I only just noticed this is the MK11 sub-forum. My bad for any confusion.

Edited by Tothoro
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 9:41 AM, Kirilianov said:

Well, there are some differences when it comes to the part of being online in Mortal Kombat 11.

There is the multiplayer part where you have the internet connected and Playstation Plus subscription:

- R-E-S-P-E-C-T  |  Pay 100 total respect points in King of the Hill

- Kopetitor  |  Play 50 Kasual Versus matches

- Teamwork  |  Play a Group Battle with 2 other players

These are the three multiplayer related trophies! Other than that you don't need a Playstation Plus subscription but an Internet connection when you want to do everything related to the Krypt:

- Grave Robber  |  Open 200 Krypt chests

- Enough Already  |  Hit the gong in the Krypt

- My Magic Shoes  |  Run 5 miles in the Krypt

- Get Over Here  |  Spear 50 hanging bodies in the Krypt

- Skull Kabob  |  Impale a head in the warrior shrine

- Gimme Dat Money  |  Spend 50'000 koins in the Naknadan shrine

And while you actually can grind Towers offline for 250, it would be better to play the Towers of Time, which can also be played only with an Internet connection. And why would it be better? Because of the following trophies related to the Towers of Time:

- More Power  |  Use 50 Konsumables

- Konsumed  |  Use 100 Konsumables

- Have We Met  |  Equip 5 different character intros

- Victorious  |  Equip 5 different character victories

You can use Konsumables during Fights in the Towers and also get Konsumables as Tower rewards or from chests in the Krypt. Character Intros and Victories can be rewarded from the Towers of Time as well. Me as an example have already got 1 new character intro for Frost which I got together with a new Outfit from her Tower.

I hope I didn't forget anything, the rest of the trophy list should be completely be obtainable offline, if I'm not wrong! :)

Awesome! Thanks for all the detailed information :)

On 12/23/2023 at 10:00 AM, Tothoro said:

I think the issue is that the game refuses to save progress you've made unless it can sync that progress to the server. I tried to do Happy Endings (beating 10 Klassic/Offline Towers) when the server maintenance was happening and none of the progress saved, so I ended up having to redo those towers when the servers were back up.

There might be one or two trophies that can unlock offline, but I wouldn't know what they are; the overwhelming majority do require a connection to unlock.

"Online is the future"

On 12/23/2023 at 1:00 AM, Tothoro said:

Is it safe to say that at least the tutorial and story mode (3 🏆 each it seems) do not require internet? I will find out for myself in time, but it’s uncommon that a retail priced fighting game (as opposed to the F2P, more Flash animation titles) with single player modes and couch VS mode would demand its entire trophy list to be unlocked while support lasts.

If this is the case for most if not all of the trophies, best to comment on Ditnopota’s guide to amend it with the “Online Required” tag, especially if he doesn’t already mention any conspicuous service checking/connection loading that is characteristic to games requiring persistent internet to play.

On 12/24/2023 at 5:00 PM, EqualityEarth said:

Is it safe to say that at least the tutorial and story mode (3 🏆 each it seems) do not require internet? I will find out for myself in time, but it’s uncommon that a retail priced fighting game (as opposed to the F2P, more Flash animation titles) with single player modes and couch VS mode would demand its entire trophy list to be unlocked while support lasts.

If this is the case for most if not all of the trophies, best to comment on Ditnopota’s guide to amend it with the “Online Required” tag, especially if he doesn’t already mention any conspicuous service checking/connection loading that is characteristic to games requiring persistent internet to play.

You should get all Tutorial and Story trophies without being connected to the Internet, because I did the same. I was completely offline while playing these two game modes and got all trophies. I could even redeem the rewards for playing the story chapters later when I was online again.

As a little site note to what is online, because I explore the game more and more just now: It seems that the AI Battle trophies "My AI Can Do It" and "Puppet Master" are online too. I'm not sure about it because I didn't play this mode so far. But the tips for "Puppet Master" say create an AI team that fights a team created by other players. Doesn't sound to me you can do this offline! 😅

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 10:00 AM, EqualityEarth said:

Sorry, my initial response was about MK1 and not MK11; didn't realize I was in the wrong sub-forum. For both games though, I think Online Required tags are broadly appropriate, I just wouldn't want to comment on the guides without having done more intentional and extensive research on which trophies the label applies to.