How hard is this really?

B0nkeeerss

6 hours ago, Jovicus91 said:

Ahhhh.... I was so close yesterday. I thought I had it after clearing 7-5X, but realized I still needed to do 7-12X and bloody choked on that level. Still.. progress is still progress.... How are you with the deathless dark cotton alley grind?

2 hours into, there are 15 levels that can get pretty consistent with a bit of practice, and 5 levels that are absolutely atrocious (being 1, 19, 20, 8 and 9) that I will do as first. 7 is also a Russian roulette with a frame perfect that lets you pass the entire level, but it's pretty hard to get consistent at. So far I think it will take around 10 hours, highly depends on how many times I can get the 5 impossible levels down, and counting 4 hours minimum of practicing all levels

good luck with the grind, if you have any suggestion to make some levels easier, let me know 🤣

There are pretty good strategies with 7-8x (begin the level by jumping immediately and wait for the larger gap between the red bois) and 7-7x (compare meat girls' position with a magic pixel screenshot (a pain but losing a 16/20 run is more painful). 1, 19 and 20 are also the ones I try to get out of the way immediately. Those 3 levels sure need a hell of a lotta time to get consistent at. I seem to have gotten more consistent with 20, but 1 and 19 keep being a pain in the ass.

Don't know how many hours I'm into this Impossible Boy grind now, but I think it's around 8 hours with around 2k deaths. (Total is 7k). Getting closer though! Good luck with your grind as well!

8 hours ago, Jovicus91 said:

There are pretty good strategies with 7-8x (begin the level by jumping immediately and wait for the larger gap between the red bois) and 7-7x (compare meat girls' position with a magic pixel screenshot (a pain but losing a 16/20 run is more painful). 1, 19 and 20 are also the ones I try to get out of the way immediately. Those 3 levels sure need a hell of a lotta time to get consistent at. I seem to have gotten more consistent with 20, but 1 and 19 keep being a pain in the ass.

Don't know how many hours I'm into this Impossible Boy grind now, but I think it's around 8 hours with around 2k deaths. (Total is 7k). Getting closer though! Good luck with your grind as well!

I'm using the exact same strategies and level pattern

level 1 got surprisingly consistent, I can do it 75% of the time

4h30 into and I managed to clear the 5 hardest levels + another 7, then died in a dumb way 

with how everything is going, I think I'll get it in 3 more hours of grinding 

12 minutes ago, B0nkeeerss said:

I'm using the exact same strategies and level pattern

level 1 got surprisingly consistent, I can do it 75% of the time

4h30 into and I managed to clear the 5 hardest levels + another 7, then died in a dumb way 

with how everything is going, I think I'll get it in 3 more hours of grinding 

Yeah that sounds very familiar. When I start my grind I usually loop through all the levels from 1-20 once or twice so I don't lose the strats for the "easier" levels later in a run. It's such a pain to lose a run on level 3 or 4 when you've cleared all the hardest levels xD I'm going for the plat again today. Hopefully I can finally put this Meat Boy adventure to rest. Is this the hardest plat you ever went for?

1 hour ago, ElektrickRage said:

How TF did you platinum surgeon simulator? The game doesn’t even work properly. You must really like having your balls tortured hey? You got to teach me Master!

SMB is hard... but nothing comes close to the frustration Surgeon Simulator gave me, the data got corrupted and I lost the A+ on ambulance heart transplant and corridor teeth transplant, probably the two hardest levels in the entire game 

I managed to platinum in 21 hours, but these were 21 hours of pure agony 

and I am Bread is even harder lol

1 hour ago, Jovicus91 said:

Yeah that sounds very familiar. When I start my grind I usually loop through all the levels from 1-20 once or twice so I don't lose the strats for the "easier" levels later in a run. It's such a pain to lose a run on level 3 or 4 when you've cleared all the hardest levels xD I'm going for the plat again today. Hopefully I can finally put this Meat Boy adventure to rest. Is this the hardest plat you ever went for?

Difficulty-wise, no doubts about it. But gameplay-wise it's actually enjoyable compared to I am Bread and Surgeon Simulator, I have no issues grinding 4 hours at a time with headphones on and music. Now that my journey is almost over, I'd say it's a 9.5/10 platinum, extremely difficult, but not frustrating enough to deserve a 10 

Yeah this is the hardest platinum for me. Hollow Knight (no-glitch) and Crash 4 were also very hard, but SMB is on another level. I must say, for some reason I enjoy the deathless runs more than the Platinum relic grind in Crash 4. Just now fumbled an 18/20 run on 7-5X. It's so close!! What's the furthest you've come now? 

42 minutes ago, Jovicus91 said:

Yeah this is the hardest platinum for me. Hollow Knight (no-glitch) and Crash 4 were also very hard, but SMB is on another level. I must say, for some reason I enjoy the deathless runs more than the Platinum relic grind in Crash 4. Just now fumbled an 18/20 run on 7-5X. It's so close!! What's the furthest you've come now? 

Grinded another 2 hours and managed to get 10 levels down 5 times, I just gotta practice some levels a bit more and it's over. 8249 deaths, 49 hours 

2 hours ago, Jovicus91 said:

That's pretty good! Getting closer I see. I wonder what the average amount of hours and deaths are for this game. 

I've heard the average is over 100 hours and 13k deaths, I have plenty of experience with platformers so I almost cut the time in half, as I did with Crash 4 too

Geez, I'm also pretty experienced with platformers (grew up with some good ole NES Super Mario) so I hope to keep below that average lol. But those nerves have killed all my 18-19 runs xD any tips for that?

3 minutes ago, Jovicus91 said:

Geez, I'm also pretty experienced with platformers (grew up with some good ole NES Super Mario) so I hope to keep below that average lol. But those nerves have killed all my 18-19 runs xD any tips for that?

Not really much I can say, I've died on the last level of Cotton Alley Dark too because I didn't practice the level enough and forgot the strategy, I can tell you to restart the level as many times as you feel like, don't take any risks, and leave the easiest levels as last

1 minute ago, B0nkeeerss said:

Not really much I can say, I've died on the last level of Cotton Alley Dark too because I didn't practice the level enough and forgot the strategy, I can tell you to restart the level as many times as you feel like, don't take any risks, and leave the easiest levels as last

I've gotten to a point where I only need a little bit of luck and it's over, I can do 1, 8, 14, 19 and 20 in a row 75% of the time, 7 is like playing the roulette, and I hate it; I shouldn't die at level 13, but sometimes it happens because I jump too high lol

9 minutes ago, Jovicus91 said:

Wow! Well done! Congratulations man! I hope to follow you very soon! 💪🏻 

it's only a matter of time, don't give up, you can't get any closer than this to the end of the journey 

• Like 1

YES YES YES YES! The platinum journey has ended! I've finally obtained the Super Meat Boy Platinum with 6535 deaths and 66 hours of gameplay. Good luck everyone who is attempting this platinum. It's been a ride!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jovicus91 said:

YES YES YES YES! The platinum journey has ended! I've finally obtained the Super Meat Boy Platinum with 6535 deaths and 66 hours of gameplay. Good luck everyone who is attempting this platinum. It's been a ride!

GZ on this one !

I Updated your profile so everyone can see :D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jovicus91 said:

Told you it was a matter of time, we both made it out alive today, and conquered it

to anyone reading this that wants to attempt this platinum: it's not as hard as people make it to be. I should clarify myself: yes it's incredibly hard, but with enough perseverance and time to spend, it's definitely possible, even if you aren't someone who is used to platformers. It shouldn't be a matter of "if" I can do it, but "when", that's how you can defeat this beast of a game. Good luck to anyone who gives it a try

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, B0nkeeerss said:

Told you it was a matter of time, we both made it out alive today, and conquered it

to anyone reading this that wants to attempt this platinum: it's not as hard as people make it to be. I should clarify myself: yes it's incredibly hard, but with enough perseverance and time to spend, it's definitely possible, even if you aren't someone who is used to platformers. It shouldn't be a matter of "if" I can do it, but "when", that's how you can defeat this beast of a game. Good luck to anyone who gives it a try

Exactly! Don't get discouraged by the many many many failed deathless runs. With each death you eventually learn more about each level. And you got to view each new personal best as a victory and you will make it! Now it's time for some off-time before attempting the Jump King plat.. What are you playing next B0nkeeerss?

10 hours ago, Jovicus91 said:

Exactly! Don't get discouraged by the many many many failed deathless runs. With each death you eventually learn more about each level. And you got to view each new personal best as a victory and you will make it! Now it's time for some off-time before attempting the Jump King plat.. What are you playing next B0nkeeerss?

I won't touch a hard platinum for a while,  now I have to finish Horizon, Hitman 3 and Crash Bandicoot Warped, then idk... I could try to play Crypt of the Necrodancer, but it's not really my kind of game 

I've heard the Crypt plat is absolute madness. I read through the trophy guide a while back and the author estimated around 900 hours of gameplay required to master the game and obtain the plat. I wish you good luck when you decide to go for this one. I'm going to finish some other games (Nobody saves the world and some other ones that I have a low trophy % on in my profile) before picking up Jump King again. I have completed all 3 maps (main game + 2 DLC maps) a while back, but the no-falls trophies I still need are probably similar to the deathless runs in Super Meat Boy. Don't want to go through that journey again for some time :D First it's time to celebrate the completion of SMB haha

Edited by Jovicus91

I only have the deathless trophies left for world 5 and world 7, but I haven't played the game since October 2023.
I don't know when I'll play the game again, but reading this conversation was very motivating!

On 2/29/2024 at 7:16 AM, Jovicus91 said:

Ahhhh.... I was so close yesterday. I thought I had it after clearing 7-5X, but realized I still needed to do 7-12X and bloody choked on that level. Still.. progress is still progress.... How are you with the deathless dark cotton alley grind?

Took me two weeks of trying to get it close on many occasions but once I got it I was ecstatic. 

I then took a break after getting the Cotton Alley deathless trophies. Playing FFVII Rebirth at the min and will probably return to SMB once I am done with that game.

3 hours ago, ItsKevin183 said:

I only have the deathless trophies left for world 5 and world 7, but I haven't played the game since October 2023.
I don't know when I'll play the game again, but reading this conversation was very motivating!

As I said, with enough perseverance I really do believe anyone can do it, even if it takes hundreds of hours. Just keep telling yourself "it's only a matter of time" instead of "I don't know if I can do it" and grind each level as many times as you feel like 

1 minute ago, B0nkeeerss said:

As I said, with enough perseverance I really do believe anyone can do it, even if it takes hundreds of hours. Just keep telling yourself "it's only a matter of time" instead of "I don't know if I can do it" and grind each level as many times as you feel like 

Rapture dark and Cotton Alley dark are easily the hardest worlds in the entire game, but if you managed to do everything up to this point, that means you're good enough to do it