How hard is this really?

B0nkeeerss

On 3/4/2024 at 9:54 AM, Jovicus91 said:

I've heard the Crypt plat is absolute madness. I read through the trophy guide a while back and the author estimated around 900 hours of gameplay required to master the game and obtain the plat. I wish you good luck when you decide to go for this one. I'm going to finish some other games (Nobody saves the world and some other ones that I have a low trophy % on in my profile) before picking up Jump King again. I have completed all 3 maps (main game + 2 DLC maps) a while back, but the no-falls trophies I still need are probably similar to the deathless runs in Super Meat Boy. Don't want to go through that journey again for some time :D First it's time to celebrate the completion of SMB haha

COTN is way way way harder than SMB, i got quite some trophies, but 2 chars + coda missing. i dont think its doable with a controler without having a super lucky round

8 hours ago, ItsKevin183 said:

I only have the deathless trophies left for world 5 and world 7, but I haven't played the game since October 2023.
I don't know when I'll play the game again, but reading this conversation was very motivating!

Just as B0nkeeerss said, those two are definetly the hardest, but still that means you did manage to get both Missile Boy and Demon Boy which are not a walk in the park either. Ge5ting those trophies made me decide I would go for the plat. You can do it! :D

7 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

Took me two weeks of trying to get it close on many occasions but once I got it I was ecstatic. 

I then took a break after getting the Cotton Alley deathless trophies. Playing FFVII Rebirth at the min and will probably return to SMB once I am done with that game.

That means the hardest trophies are out of the way! Don't underestimate Zombie Boy though. That one has very long levels with semi-unpredictable annoying zombie guys xD good luck anyways!

1 hour ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

COTN is way way way harder than SMB, i got quite some trophies, but 2 chars + coda missing. i dont think its doable with a controler without having a super lucky round

Oh shit. Don't think I'm ever going to touch that one :D Have seen some videos with Coda. Seems insane :o Might pick up another roguelike; Dead Cells which seems fun.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

I've heard of someone beating the entire game with a controller, but I feel like it's just plain torture at that point

why make your life harder when the game is already the hardest among all hard games😂

15 hours ago, Jovicus91 said:

Just as B0nkeeerss said, those two are definetly the hardest, but still that means you did manage to get both Missile Boy and Demon Boy which are not a walk in the park either. Ge5ting those trophies made me decide I would go for the plat. You can do it! :D

That means the hardest trophies are out of the way! Don't underestimate Zombie Boy though. That one has very long levels with semi-unpredictable annoying zombie guys xD good luck anyways!

Oh shit. Don't think I'm ever going to touch that one :D Have seen some videos with Coda. Seems insane :o Might pick up another roguelike; Dead Cells which seems fun.

Dead Cells 10/10 in fun ! :)

There is an easy mode in case ur stuck. which makes it siginificantly easier + it has ps4/5 Version no autopop and around 100 trophies each game :D
Im thinking about doing the double plat :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peeonrocks said:

From what I saw in youtube.  Some guy literally lost his shit and talk about why is life filled with misery and pain.  

Must be a fun, relaxing and easy game. 😜

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration🤣 

now that I have the platinum, I can tell you it's incredibly hard, but not hard enough to justify people saying this is the most miserable experience of their life, that it takes 300 hours and that you'll develop a mental illness afterwards, that title only goes to Crypt of the Necrodancer

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

The other thing I'll say about 'how hard' is its about the gamer. Different people excel in different categories. This plats focus is on OCD pattern recognition executed with pixel perfect precision movements, not intellect. Other games needs smarts, this game needs acute attention to detail in button inputs. And memory recall of the very specific pattern for the level. If you are a perfectionist or have ocd tendencies then I think you can master this game lol 😁

22 hours ago, esstee11 said:

This plats focus is on OCD pattern recognition executed with pixel perfect precision movements, not intellect. Other games needs smarts, this game needs..

Movement precision is especially important for this, yes, but intellect is intrinsic to that. "Pixel-perfect precision" is the consequence of practice. But for whatever saw jumps and gap skips you can't intuit, or whenever a run goes sideways, it's the intellect to adapt and determine where you now need to stand, how much needs to change, and how much pressure to apply to the bound when the practice stops working, under pressure, and almost definitely in consecution, that determines how prepared you actually were. If all a player needed was to memorize, then more people would've finished this by now. 

3 hours ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

Movement precision is especially important for this, yes, but intellect is intrinsic to that. "Pixel-perfect precision" is the consequence of practice. But for whatever saw jumps and gap skips you can't intuit, or whenever a run goes sideways, it's the intellect to adapt and determine where you now need to stand, how much needs to change, and how much pressure to apply to the bound when the practice stops working, under pressure, and almost definitely in consecution, that determines how prepared you actually were. If all a player needed was to memorize, then more people would've finished this by now. 

Well yes I will agree to this but I would moreso assimilate this to a common sense learning curve 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 6:49 AM, B0nkeeerss said:

Told you it was a matter of time, we both made it out alive today, and conquered it

to anyone reading this that wants to attempt this platinum: it's not as hard as people make it to be. I should clarify myself: yes it's incredibly hard, but with enough perseverance and time to spend, it's definitely possible, even if you aren't someone who is used to platformers. It shouldn't be a matter of "if" I can do it, but "when", that's how you can defeat this beast of a game. Good luck to anyone who gives it a try

Wow, great journey. You've done SMB in 2 weeks, that's impressive. 
What you said is true, you can platinum 98% of games with enough effort, but there are still 2% of games like RockBand Beatles and Guitar Hero Van Halen, an ultimate challenge.
If you ever want to raise the difficulty - try rhythm games. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, catstorm9 said:

reading the answers and then checking the op's profile and seeing that he got platinum in just two weeks was hilarious lol

1 Month has passed since I completed the game, and I can say it was quite an enjoyable experience after all... really hard, but fair. Idk why but I completed basically every hard game I ever attempted in 2-3 weeks maximum, excluding Tboi's Dead God🤣

Motivation really pushes you far beyond what you think you are capable of 

3 hours ago, ozymandias1994 said:

Wow, great journey. You've done SMB in 2 weeks, that's impressive. 
What you said is true, you can platinum 98% of games with enough effort, but there are still 2% of games like RockBand Beatles and Guitar Hero Van Halen, an ultimate challenge.
If you ever want to raise the difficulty - try rhythm games. 

I'm pretty good at rhythm games, but not nearly good enough to try them, maybe in the near future... 

I still gotta choose my next big platinum  for Summer 🤔

7 hours ago, B0nkeeerss said:

1 Month has passed since I completed the game, and I can say it was quite an enjoyable experience after all... really hard, but fair. Idk why but I completed basically every hard game I ever attempted in 2-3 weeks maximum, excluding Tboi's Dead God🤣

Motivation really pushes you far beyond what you think you are capable of 

I'm pretty good at rhythm games, but not nearly good enough to try them, maybe in the near future... 

I still gotta choose my next big platinum  for Summer 🤔

I suggest that you expand your difficulty boundaries by venturing into genres such as Fighting games and Rhythm gaming, these will require greater effort and adaptability. Sf4 and Kof13 are extremely challenging, there is also Amplitude, an excellent rhythm game.

On 4/17/2024 at 1:54 PM, catstorm9 said:

I suggest that you expand your difficulty boundaries by venturing into genres such as Fighting games and Rhythm gaming, these will require greater effort and adaptability. Sf4 and Kof13 are extremely challenging, there is also Amplitude, an excellent rhythm game.

Can agree lol, i've done USF4 platinum and it was tough but very fun! It's one of my favorite plat, atm i am also going for SMB and so far it's not too bad ive just done Zombie Boy and im going for the golden god trophy, im doing cotton alley dark world levels and im seriously thinking how ill be able to plat this game lol i cant even do half of the levels

19 hours ago, Pika_Hearts said:

Can agree lol, i've done USF4 platinum and it was tough but very fun! It's one of my favorite plat, atm i am also going for SMB and so far it's not too bad ive just done Zombie Boy and im going for the golden god trophy, im doing cotton alley dark world levels and im seriously thinking how ill be able to plat this game lol i cant even do half of the levels

You already did Zombie Boy, I consider it the 2nd hardest trophy in the entire game, even harder than Girl Boy, you'll be fine. Dark cotton alley deathless took me 2x the time of any other world, almost 11 hours, so keep it for last and prepare for countless hours of grinding 

19 hours ago, Pika_Hearts said:

oh, and you have the platinum of I am Bread just like me, so you definitely have enough determination to do it 

On 4/20/2024 at 5:28 PM, B0nkeeerss said:

You already did Zombie Boy, I consider it the 2nd hardest trophy in the entire game, even harder than Girl Boy, you'll be fine. Dark cotton alley deathless took me 2x the time of any other world, almost 11 hours, so keep it for last and prepare for countless hours of grinding 

oh, and you have the platinum of I am Bread just like me, so you definitely have enough determination to do it 

Yeah i've been practicing for the past 2 days and the levels don't seem that bad now? I can get most of them consistently now except 7-19x (which i still didn't complete lol) my goal is to get the plat before May and it looks like i might do it yay! Today i took a break tho and completed FFXVI once and for all

UPDATE : 

I DID IT! I GOT IMPOSSIBLE BOY! I ONLY NEED GIRL BOY FOR THE PLATINUM!!!

UPDATE 2 :

Got the platinum yesterday, if anyone sees this ill let you know that SMB difficulty is vastly overrated, like Bonk said it's very tough but not mentally crushing type of difficulty. So if anyone thinks of going for it, do it! You won't regret it it's one of the coolest platinum to get!

Edited by Pika_Hearts
  • Like 1