Share your RDO Tips and Active $/XP Bonus!

zemiguelreis

Hello everyone! So I just started this game a few days ago and jumped straight away to the Online Mode to do those trophies first. 

I decided to create this post because I was very shocked by the lack of information regarding the online grind. 

The current trophy guide has an accurate information for each one of the online trophies, but the “Tips & Strategies” Multiplayer Tips section is useless. I don’t want to disrespect the guide writer… this is just a fact, but it’s perfectly normal. Why? The online portion of Rockstar’s games always tend to receive a lot of updates over the years, so it’s hard to keep track of everything if you are not playing the game every month. 

With that said, use this thread to share any Tips and most importantly current Active $/XP Bonus that you know about. 

This is my experience and tips below!

The online took me 4 IRL days (47 in-game hours / 49 PS-clock hours)… yeahhh I had some free days and played a lot hahah... this game is just so good and I only touched the “worst” part of it yet.

Most of the online trophies are easy. To get them, you just need Money or XP, so that will be my main focus. You can check the other details in the trophy guide. I'll also share a bit of my experience with the MVP trophy.

Some of the credits also go to one my best PSN friends that 100%ed every Rockstar game and teached me a lot about RDR2 Online, which made my experience more enjoyable and easy.

Work smarter not harder
Save yourself some time and get the PS Store's Rockstar RDR2 one time offer. There are 2 types of currency in-game, dollars and gold bars. Gold bars take more time to get and they will be very useful if you want to unlock some Roles.

25 gold bars cost 9,99€, but if it’s your first purchase, they will only cost 4,99€ for one time only! The online can sometimes be grindy, repetitive, or even frustrating, so this is totally worth it. 

Bounty Hunter
Unlock the Bounty Hunter role for 15 gold bars. This is optional, however it is the 2nd most important role in the game. The reason why you should unlock this one first is because it is the role that give you the most gold bars per job. Dollars will probably be the most important trophy wise, but sometimes you can pay in gold bars instead… if you have them.

Also, it’s entirely up to you how you want to play the game. I mainly focused on achievements, but you might want to buy some cool customization items or do some different missions every now and then.

Collector’s
Unlock the Collector’s role for 15 gold bars. THIS IS A MUST!!!! If you want to get to Rank 50, you would be crazy not to use this role. If you followed these steps and are missing 5 gold bars, just do some missions before unlocking it.

Collector’s role will give you the most XP in the game (well, that’s 99% true, I was lucky and got something even better…more explained below). Let’s say it will give you the most XP IF there are not any active XP Bonus in other kind of missions. 

With this role you are basically going to grab collectables all over the map and sell them to a lady. You better get used to pick collectables, because you’re going to do that a lot! 

Link for the interactive RDR2 online map where you can check all the collectables: https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/ 

This map will be your best friend. It is very well designed, it updates every IRL day, you can check the in-game time, you can keep track of your collectables and many more. It is very user-friendly so just check the left tab menu and find out for yourself.

There are 3 types of collectables: the ones you can just pick; the ones that you need to have a shovel to dig; and the ones you also need to have a metal detector to find and dig them.

In the beginning you can only pick the first or second ones if you buy a shovel right away. It costs a few hundreds dollars, so if you can’t afford it, just hide those collectables as well for now.

While picking up collectables, you will gain Collector’s role XP. You need to be Collector’s level 5 to buy the metal detector, plus 700 dollars. It’s worth for the long run, so start saving for it.

The most important things you're going to get are the money (dollars) and the player XP. Every collectable you pick will give you 100 to 300 XP. Selling a full collection of a type of collectables will also give you an extra 1500 XP plus extra dollars. You won't be able to win gold bars, that's why it might be important to unlock the Bounty Hunter role first.

Just an example…the first day I sold 5 collections at the same time and got 7500 XP, plus the extra XP per item (the ones you dig and use the metal detector will give you more XP), plus around 1300 dollars, which is a lot of money.

The collectables reset every IRL day, so you’ll never run out of things to collect.

Also, having a laptop nearby will be helpful. Checking the collectables map using a Smartphone might be kinda hard to see.

Active $/XP Bonus
Sometimes these can even be better than the Collector’s role, and like I said before it’s one of the main reasons why I created this post. If you know about something, share it here for other players to know about.

Rockstar is always doing posts about GTA V Online and they tend to forget about RDR2, so checking their social networks is not enough… some things will only appear in-game.

The only reason why I finished the online mode in less than 50 hours was because there is an Active 3X RDO$ and XP for Free Roam Missions. Keep in mind that I never played this game before, I jumped straight away to the online and missed in a lot of important tutorial parts that I didn’t know about. Still, I was able to do it, so it can be even faster.

Free Roam Missions
Free Roam Missions are the orange NPC icons scattered around the map. Usually these don’t give you that many XP, but with 3X Bonus it’s a different story. 

There are different types of missions and they normally take between 10 to 20 minutes. They can be done faster, BUT you don’t want to do that! You see, most games reward you for being fast… the faster you finish a mission, the more time left, the more money/XP you get. In RDR2 it’s completely the opposite and many people don’t know about that. The longer you take, the more money/XP you’ll get.

Can you guess what you can do while you wait for the timer to pass? 
Exactly, picking up collectables. 

And trust me, you really want to wait. I’ve done missions so fast that I only got like 300 XP. The maximum XP I got for waiting (finishing it in the last minute) was 1320 XP. That’s a huge difference!!

So follow me…in 20 minutes (max) you can get 1320 XP, plus grabbing 5-8 collectables easily on the area near the end of the mission you're doing, which corresponds to an extra 500 to 2400 XP (depending on the number and type of collectables, so let’s just round it to about 1500 XP). 

In half of those missions you have to deliver stuff, people or horses. Every one of these will give you an extra 150 XP. If you are playing solo, most of the time you are only going to deliver 1 of the previous. If you are playing with an extra player that doubles it, and with 3 people, that triples it. 

The “delivery missions” are completely insane…every player has to complete 3 deliveries. Like I said, each delivery gives you 150 XP, so if you are playing with a friend that’s 150 XP x 6 = 900 XP. Yes, you receive XP from your friend’s deliveries.

Also, every kill will give you 5 XP, every headshot more 5 XP, using special ammo more 5 XP, and that’s not all…keep in mind that the collectables you are doing at the same time will also be sold as a collection where you will get an extra 1500 XP in the future…

Doing the math, one of these missions can sometimes give you around 3500 XP. In 20 MINUTES!!! Just for a small comparation, I remember that from level 40 to 50 it takes around 4000 to 4800 XP to level up each time. Also, it took me around 4 hours during the last morning to go from level 42 to 49, which is really good.

By the way, these missions also give you gold bars hahah

Sound too good right? Well, this doesn’t happen every day… I was just lucky in having that Bonus during these Christmas days. Some folks said it lasts until the 26th of December, but I can’t confirm that because I didn’t find a date information anywhere.

That’s why it’s really important to share these kind of information with the community, so more people can benefit from it. 

To even know that this exist, in-game you have to open the Start Menu, “Benefits”, click R1 to see the 2nd page, click in a random picture saying “Moonshiner Bonuses” that has nothing to do with the free roam missions, and in the right side you can find it there…it’s really hard to miss it.

Other kind of series
Just go the Online tab and you can easily check which current series have active benefits. It is clearly marked in large letters as if it were a “sale” symbol. 

RDO Story Missions
If you don’t have any active benefits when you start playing the online, well… leave and come back later. Just joking, you can play the story with friends or matchmaking with randoms. It’s very forgiving, even with randoms, so you won’t waste your time. It’s a nice bonus of XP and money. 

Pinned Challenges
While searching for some challenges for the Gold Belts trophy, make sure you pin some extra ones, even if you’ve already done the trophy. They will give you an extra 500 XP each which is nice bonus and you can check them from the shortcut in the player menu using the left d-pad.

Daily Challenges
I didn’t focus too much on this. I was winning so many XP and money that I didn’t have time to waste here, but they might be useful if you're going to do some day streaks. 

MVP Trophy
I left this trophy for last. It took me around 3 hours without boosting. I didn’t invest much time on playing the Series, but the easier ones to get the trophy are definitely the Takedown and Race Series.

For the Takedown Series just focus on having the most captures, you can just camp or run, kills give you some points but they are not the most important thing.

I got 1 win here.

For the Race Series, make sure you invest in a good horse when starting the online. Not only because of this trophy, but also because you are going to pick a lot of collectables, so it’s very annoying if he gets tired too fast. 

My choice was the Arabian for 250$. Reach max bonding level with him and another great tip is to buy a Cricket to increase his speed and acceleration. That’s why you should leave this trophy for last... all of these things cost a lot of money, which you won't have in the beggining.

I played like 5 Races and won 2 with a decent margin of time. 

Well that’s my 4 days experience and tips with this game, I’m sure some veterans can correct me if I’m wrong or add some more suggestions. 

Hope it helps!

• Like 3

The collectors job is all I ever did there's a YouTube channel that tells u a truck that shows every single place where collectibles spawn and a way to make every single collectible that can spawn in each place spawn in all at once so instead of just 1 collectible in a place it spawns all that can be there so after a couple of nights doing this I went from zero to hero with everything I needed online finished 

Well-written guide, and those are some solid strategies.

One thing you didn't mention is that you can get some extra gold bars by setting up 2-factor authenciation on you Rockstar account. It definitely worked when I played this earlier this year, though it took a day or two to get the bars.

I also got a bit lucky when I played it; when I began there was an event with extra payouts for Collectors, then when that finished it got swapped for bounty Hunter so I could build my gold reserves. What I find a bit funny is that in RDR2, the fun part of the online begins just as you're done with the trophies. That's when you've unlocked enough stuff and roles to be able to do well-paying activities constantly, juggling dalies, bounties, treasure hunting, and bootlegger runs.  So I eventually stayed for quite a bit longer than the trophies, maxing out all roles and when I finished I think my overall exp level was 113, or 130 or something like that.

• Like 1

Thank you OP for all of that amazing information! You may have given me some motivation to do something about my incomplete RDR2 online. 

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

The collectors job is all I ever did there's a YouTube channel that tells u a truck that shows every single place where collectibles spawn and a way to make every single collectible that can spawn in each place spawn in all at once so instead of just 1 collectible in a place it spawns all that can be there so after a couple of nights doing this I went from zero to hero with everything I needed online finished 

There’s a place in the game that can spawn all collectibles infinitely? Can you link the video maybe?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Thank you OP for all of that amazing information! You may have given me some motivation to do something about my incomplete RDR2 online. 

There’s a place in the game that can spawn all collectibles infinitely? Can you link the video maybe?

It's not all or infinite

Like if 8 collectibles can be found in a place throughout the week but only 1 on a Monday the trick force spawns all 8 there at once, then once you get them all you move to the next area where collectibles can be found and do it again once you have everything from each area you must wait 24 real world hours and then you can do it again so your getting Abit over 100 collectibles each day you do it

Theres the link to the playlist there's a few collectibles around areas he misses so you can still look around Abit more 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...