Multiplayer Horror Survival BEST GAME!!!!!?

SuchRemorse

Ok so I know I'm late to the party with Friday the 13th. They already disabled the trophies for that game. I'm pretty sure you can't get any trophies for that game anymore and the servers are shutting down next year.  Which other game would you consider playing? I know they have Evil dead and Texas Chainsaw as well. What other games are similar and worth the time and effort? 

Dead by Daylight is pretty fun. There's a lot of toxic players and just bad players in general that made me give up the game, but I did put in 250 hours into it so I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy any of it. The more you play, the better you get, and the more enjoyable it gets. Especially, when it's played the right way with smart killers and smart survivors. That's where I think the game hits its peak and REALLY becomes fun.

Dead Rising 2 is also a fun survival horror game, but I personally find it more comedic than horror. But the survival aspect is definitely there. Highly recommend for some zombie fun with a friend.

Dead Nation is another one, but it's definitely a bit different from Dead Rising in the two player coop aspect. Lol

Personally, I would stay away from Resident Evil: Resistance though. It's similar to the games you listed, but it's hot garbage. Trust me.

• Like 1

The longer I've been trophy hunting, the less inclined I am toward live service games. There's no shortage of options in the survival horror space. There's Predator Hunting Grounds. Friday the 13th: The Game. Evil Dead: The Game. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Back 4 Blood. The Forest. But if you're determined to find just one game that is a love letter to the entire horror genre, then you want to go with with Dead by Daylight.

It's the king of the asymmetrical survival horror genre for a reason - because while every other game might have one horror icon or one horror trope that it explores well, DBD covers them all. Leatherface, the Jigsaw Killer, Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Chucky, the Xenomorph, Ghostface, Pyramid Head, Nemesis, Albert Wesker, Pinhead, Sadako, and so many more. Hell, even Nicholas Cage somehow got added as a character. For all the problems DBD has, it's basically the Fortnite of horror games, and there probably won't be any for a while (at least on consoles) that come close to the sheer roster size of characters it offers.

But beware: it's a never-ending soul-suck of added DLC trophies with no end in sight. 

• Like 1

Dead by Daylight is pretty good horror, and a lot of trophies to unlock too, game is a little stale as it's literally the same objective from like 7 years ago, but they do spice it up with all unique killers plus perks which give you some sort of advantage.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi