Party like it's 2024

Spyro Reignited came out in 2018 with Spyro 3's platinum being called "Party like it's 2024" I wondered years ago if this meant that Spyro 4 would come out in 2024. Six years later it turns out that this isn't the case, there isn't a new upcoming Spyro game :(...it was just a reference to the next year of dragon.  Happy new year!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Its possible there might have been plans when the collection released but activision just had to put another studio in the call of duty mines just to keep that series from possibly skipping a year. We also lost a tony hawk 3+4 remaster because activision would rather prop up mega franchises then have some variety(though to be fair at least vicarious visions went to blizzard side and not the cod mines which i guess is an improvement). 

The original Spyro 3 game on PS1 came out in 2000 - I still own that one, and that was also Year of the Dragon in Chinese Zodiac so yes the trophy just denotes the Chinese New Year this year is Dragon.   The third game is still my favourite of the trilogy though I am also glad the Platinum didn't require the bonus world as the Yeti race is too hard without the exploit you could use in the original game.

11 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

The original Spyro 3 game on PS1 came out in 2000 - I still own that one, and that was also Year of the Dragon in Chinese Zodiac so yes the trophy just denotes the Chinese New Year this year is Dragon.   The third game is still my favourite of the trilogy though I am also glad the Platinum didn't require the bonus world as the Yeti race is too hard without the exploit you could use in the original game.

I did the Yety race yesterday and I didn't find it hard at all: once I had my meter full, I managed to overtake everyone by the end of the first lap.

Instead, I think that it sucks that the Platinum doesn't require you to 117% the game.

• Like 1