The Game Which You Will NEVER Finish In Your Lifetime: 7.0 Edition

5 hours ago, xXNanaki24Xx said:

Maybe they'll add a whole new platinum and trophy list with Dawntrail.

I dont know what the requirements are to make another list but I've seen minecraft and Dead by Daylight with their (1/2) and (2/2) lists.

EDIT: nvm, Dead by Daylight is just the PS4 and PS5 list, idk why minecraft can have two lists.

Minecraft has two lists because there's a PS3 and PS4 version. Trophy data was more limited then by Sony forcing split lists like you see with DBD, Train Sim Worlds, Minecraft, ESO, etc

4 hours ago, Reflear said:

I would have preferred that each expansion had its own separate list with its own platinum... as if they were separate games.. instead we will continue to have a very long list every patch...

There's really not enough content in an expansion drop to warrant one getting it's own separate list, and that's not even getting into the fact that it's still the same game

23 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

Would be great if they make dawntrail a new Patch, because its a new saga. I doubt it will happen that way, but it we very nice to have a new trophy List for Each Saga. 

...it is a new patch...

6 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

i mean a seperate trophy set/Patch with that like in PS4 Games 😉

...if you had read my prior post you'd see something

10 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

Minecraft has two lists because there's a PS3 and PS4 version. Trophy data was more limited then by Sony forcing split lists like you see with DBD, Train Sim Worlds, Minecraft, ESO, etc

They are extension lists because of Sony limiting how many points a PS4 game could have, they don't have more plats, they are essentially just more patch trophies...like XIV

So I've noticed some of the trophies will auto-pop when you switch from PC to PS5 by opening the achievement tab, and that makes me wonder, why can't they just make ALL the trophies auto-pop by opening the achievement tab??? Especially the combat ones that involve clearing certain fights. Also, it baffles me that for the latest batch of trophies, "Capital Gains" and "Identified Flying Gentlemen" did auto-pop, but NOT "Growing Light - Part 2", given that they have the same requirement of "clearing this certain quest".

Edited by GhibliTheSW

On 1/17/2024 at 2:48 PM, FireMage777 said:

I shouldn't return to this...but here goes. Nothing. Not everything needs to be a reference 

The japanese name is Shido, which is derived from the Arabic word for "lord" or "master". Cid most likely comes from Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, El Cid, a Castilian knight whose nickname or honorific comes from that same Arabic word.

10 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

The japanese name is Shido, which is derived from the Arabic word for "lord" or "master". Cid most likely comes from Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, El Cid, a Castilian knight whose nickname or honorific comes from that same Arabic word.

Okay, thanks for the notice.

In other news, I just created a new account and character and canceled my old account, just to get things started. Popped the first two trophies for getting to Level 50 on a battle job and clearing the main story of A Realm Reborn.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they never include trophies for Ultimate or Foray like Eureka and Bozja... those are too hardcore content and should stay out of the trophy question. Even completing the Deep Dungeons solo is too difficult and pointless. I could accept a generic "complete an Ultimate raid" trophy so they leave some margin.

11 hours ago, Reflear said:

I hope they never include trophies for Ultimate or Foray like Eureka and Bozja... those are too hardcore content and should stay out of the trophy question. Even completing the Deep Dungeons solo is too difficult and pointless. I could accept a generic "complete an Ultimate raid" trophy so they leave some margin.

Eureka and Bozja are not hardcore, at all. And Hydaelyn forbid not every trophy is a cakewalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FireMage777 said:

Eureka and Bozja are not hardcore, at all. And Hydaelyn forbid not every trophy is a cakewalk

I'm not expecting every trophy in a game to be easy peasy. That's what shovelware is for, not AAA Titles. However, you should be able to earn the platinum without too much stress in an MMO(nowadays people can carry you in raids since the last raid you need, Eden's Eternity, is Level 80 and you don't have to do Savage for the platinum). Leave the crushing modes for games like Uncharted. MMOs are meant to be done with groups so it makes sense that they want you to experience the entire story with a team. *shrug*

We're talking about DLC packs which, to be honest, if you want to ignore, you do you. I've created an entire account dedicated to games I will never get all the trophies in due to DLC trophies, like Kingdom Hearts 3. (Screw you Re:MIND. :angry:) I'm not saying I'll avoid the DLC trophies as there are some I enjoy(I'm a big Blue Mage fan so I am going for the Blue Mage trophies) but I'm not going to get all the criterion dungeons or solo Palace of the Dead.

2 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I'm not expecting every trophy in a game to be easy peasy. That's what shovelware is for, not AAA Titles. However, you should be able to earn the platinum without too much stress in an MMO(nowadays people can carry you in raids since the last raid you need, Eden's Eternity, is Level 80 and you don't have to do Savage for the platinum). Leave the crushing modes for games like Uncharted. MMOs are meant to be done with groups so it makes sense that they want you to experience the entire story with a team. *shrug*

The plat for XIV is piss easy, as are most of the trophies in general for the game. There's single digit rough trophies for the whole game

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I only hope they don't add ultimate trophies in the game, as I live 200 ping away from these shitty servers. Doing all the trophies on PC would be ok, even though I would have to find another group to reclear/reprog old ultimates, but doing all that shit without alexander/dalamud to at the very least compensate for the garbage spell/skills delayed weaving would be horrible. I'm currently running after solo Potd and it has been gruelling everytime I die ate 150+, having to spend another 10 hour grind just to have another shot at it. And the prospect of doing it with even more lag at 191+ since u need to be on ur fucking console to pop the trophy, my god... I hate however thought it would be a good idea to bring old content as new trophies.

At this pace, I wouldn't be surprised to find the 20 thief maps clear achievement showing up in the future.

3 hours ago, ElPulga said:

I only hope they don't add ultimate trophies in the game, as I live 200 ping away from these shitty servers. Doing all the trophies on PC would be ok, even though I would have to find another group to reclear/reprog old ultimates, but doing all that shit without alexander/dalamud to at the very least compensate for the garbage spell/skills delayed weaving would be horrible. I'm currently running after solo Potd and it has been gruelling everytime I die ate 150+, having to spend another 10 hour grind just to have another shot at it. And the prospect of doing it with even more lag at 191+ since u need to be on ur fucking console to pop the trophy, my god... I hate however thought it would be a good idea to bring old content as new trophies.

At this pace, I wouldn't be surprised to find the 20 thief maps clear achievement showing up in the future.

If you want to talk about them bringing old content as new trophies... I wouldn't be surprised if the 8.0 DLC trophy list required you to get max rep with all the tribes. I just got max rep with all the ARR tribes except the Echtal Nine as I have yet to touch crafting. :lol:

3 hours ago, ElPulga said:

Oh that would be hilarious, I welcome the idea

3 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

If you want to talk about them bringing old content as new trophies... I wouldn't be surprised if the 8.0 DLC trophy list required you to get max rep with all the tribes. I just got max rep with all the ARR tribes except the Echtal Nine as I have yet to touch crafting. :lol:

Doubt they'd go that far back for piss easy content, but would be funny to watch it be impossible to get all the prior tribes in the same daily window

Actually, I was sort of lying - I still have to complete the 789th Order and Novv's Nursery last few quests as they are still 480/510 to max rep because I was unable to get them at reset... but I'm busy on my PS4 version to try to get all the damn grinds done before I upgrade out of free trial to pop the trophies. I should go do the kobold and sahagin quests. :lol: Also, you only get 12 quests a day, it's impossible to do all the ARR tribes in one daily window. 😛

And if you want to max out the Ixali tribe quickly, you'd fill your entire allowance with only Ixali quests, they give out seven quest givers by the time you hit the second-to-last rank... but one allowance has to be Deliverance where you do turn-ins for quota. It gives a whopping 70 rep, which is the most rep any tribe gives. (All the future tribes only give 60 rep for a quest.)

So yeah, it would be funny to see trophy hunters be forced to do stuff like custom deliveries or tribal quests. I wish they had made you complete all the role quests or special custom deliveries in the Crystalline Mean or Studium. Those quests have great stories! :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2024 at 3:14 AM, ElPulga said:

I only hope they don't add ultimate trophies in the game, as I live 200 ping away from these shitty servers. Doing all the trophies on PC would be ok, even though I would have to find another group to reclear/reprog old ultimates, but doing all that shit without alexander/dalamud to at the very least compensate for the garbage spell/skills delayed weaving would be horrible. I'm currently running after solo Potd and it has been gruelling everytime I die ate 150+, having to spend another 10 hour grind just to have another shot at it. And the prospect of doing it with even more lag at 191+ since u need to be on ur fucking console to pop the trophy, my god... 

This^

I stopped playing on PS5 entirely for the ping and FPS, so even my trophy progress stopped overall. I had to clear the first criterion dungeon on PS5 again for the trophy, and I could barely play. Cannot weave, no vpn like noping or wtfast, etc...

Although I did hear about a similar workaround to alexander that works on ps5 but I haven't tried it yet so there's that in case you're interested.

I wish at least the solo trophies autopop when you go to achievement tap but considering my ping I'll never get those or attempt them again until I move back to EU...

Can someone at least confirm if it is possible to get the trophy for solo deep dungeons autopop once you go to the achievement tap or not?

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the trophy because of your ping. This is why I do not intend to 100% the trophies on my secondary account, because I do not want to lose my sh** by trying to do Deep Dungeons solo. The fact that I wiped on a discord voice chat in Heaven-On-High after hitting Floor 91(which wasn't a solo run as I joined a party at Floor 20) made me reject Deep Dungeons all together, I will not even unlock Palace of the Dead. :(

However, you do you. Are you playing FFXIV on PC? That might be more your style as there are giga-chad gaming setups that run far better ping than the PS5. I never had any issue with ping though I did have issues with freezing in some areas on the PS5 version or lag when there was too much junk on the screen. And with this new graphical update coming, PS5 may be chugging a lot harder. They even said they couldn't enable certain graphic options for the PS4 version as it would destroy the machine. (I'm predicting that PS4 support will be severed in 2 years when they announce 8.0, but I don't want to be a doomsayer as I know a lot of people don't have the money for a fancy gaming PC or PS5.)

EDIT: I just downloaded the benchmark to test it out and see if my PC could play FFXIV. Turns out the verdict was "Fairly High" - it works, I guess. I did enjoy seeing a female Lalafell going through the trailer. The quality was really nice. I think that the 48 hour maintenance will be worth it. ;)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

• 2 weeks later...