The Game Which You Will NEVER Finish In Your Lifetime: 7.0 Edition

Yes, I know this is six months early, but I am going to put this as a speculation placeholder and then let everyone speculate on things until the trophy list actually pops just before the released, based on the keynote we got in Tokyo Fan Fest. ;)

The Obvious Trophies:

• Dawntrail: Complete the main scenario quest "Dawntrail."
  • The Art of War VI: Reach Level 100 with any Disciple of War or Magic.
  • You've Got the Touch VI: Reach Level 100 with any Disciple of the Hand.
  • Green Thumb VI: Reach Level 100 with any Disciple of the Land.
  • Bound by "Joy": Reach Level 100 with Alphinaud, Alisaie, Thancred, Urianger, Y'shtola, G'raha Tia, Krile, and Estinien.

My Speculative Trophies:

• Resistance is Futile: Complete the Unending Coils of Bahamut.
  • Ultimatum: Complete the Weapon's Refrain.
  • When I Rule the World: Complete the Epic of Alexander.
  • As Suits a Hero: Complete the Dragonsong's Reprise.
  • Heart to Heartless: Complete the Omega Protocol.

Trophies based on the Keynote but not really named: (Names are placeholders and not the real names and won't be posted until the proper patch.)

• Delta: Complete The Arcadion Tier 1.
  • Gamma: Complete The Arcadion Tier 1 (Savage).
  • Shadows of Darkness: Complete Echoes of Vana'diel Tier 1.
  • Oracle of Darkness: Complete Futures Rewritten.
  • Cosmic Travel: Reach Rank 10 in Cosmic Exploration.
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All: Capture 100 unique beasts.
  • Master of Beasts: Complete 110 types of duties in the Beastmaster log.
  • ?????: Unlock all special records in Variant Dungeon #4.
  • ?????: Complete the criterion dungeon Another ??????.
  • ?????: Clear the 1st through the 100th floors in [Deep Dungeon 4] solo.

Yep, I am calling it. They will put the achievements for doing the Ultimates in 7.0's trophy list. If Deep Dungeon solo runs weren't painful enough, they'll have to ramp up the torture for casual hunters by making you do the HARDEST RAIDS IN THE GAME. Seriously, go watch some First Clear videos and see how tough these guys are. You cannot do these unsynced and they have instant TPK mechanics you must obey or you wipe.

What do you think? Feel free to discuss. ;)

I am not going to put anything els

5 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Doesn't affect me either way, but I highly doubt they'll ever add Ultimate trials as trophies. 

Which is really funny because they somehow view soloing deep dungeons as being more reasonable to achieve lol. Ultimates especially UCoB, UWU, and TEA are really easy now and will continue to get easier over time. DSR dps check already is a non-issue, while TOP dps check is also easier because of the new dungeon gear best in slot.

With saying that, obviously deep dungeons can also get easier over time due to favorable job changes or power creep. But at least right now in my opinion, soloing PoTD, HoH, and even Eureka (despite being the easiest DD) ask more from the player than clearing UWU or UCoB.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Ultimates especially UCoB, UWU, and TEA are really easy now

Uhm, how? The raids can't be done unsynced, so you have to deal with mechanics. Sorry if I sound rude, but if someone can't be done unsynced, then you can't call it easy as you scale to the level of the instance. Is it that the gear is not scaled down and therefore you become much stronger as a Level 70 character with Level 90 gear? (I'm not really understand how item level works.)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

9 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Uhm, how? The raids can't be done unsynced, so you have to deal with mechanics. Sorry if I sound rude, but if someone can't be done unsynced, then you can't call it easy as you scale to the level of the instance. Is it that the gear is not scaled down and therefore you become much stronger as a Level 70 character with Level 90 gear? (I'm not really understand how item level works.)

You get better food as new patches come out that give you better stats, making slightly easier to complete versus on release. 

• Like 1

My guess for the base list will probably be just a copy of what we got in Endwalker as there's not really gonna be much of a difference with launch content:

-Complete Main Scenario

-Level 100 Battle Job

-Level 100 Crafter

-Level 100 Gatherer

-Trusts level 100 (I hope they replace this with something like get all jobs to 100 trust leveling sucked)

-Hunt A Ranks

-Hunt S Ranks

-Sightseeing Log

-Super Fate 1

-Super Fate 2

-Treasure Dungeon

-Triple Triad Collection

-Complete Normal Raid

-Complete Savage Raid

In addition, they have also started doing trophies for Extreme trials, so I would expect a trophy for

-Extreme Trial 1

-Extreme Trial 2

As for past this, I think every major piece of content will receive a trophy in the future. As for ultimates, as someone who has done UCOB, TEA, and DSR, I have no issue with these if they are added, but I doubt they would be in the initial DLC pack, as it is quite loaded. Would make more sense in 7.1 alongside the new ultimate. That said, I doubt it happens.

Edit: And yes Ultimates have gotten much easier over time. The DPS checks are gone with better gear options like Relics, foods, pots, and job rebalancing. You are so far ahead that you can even skip some mechanics.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

19 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

To be honest (I never played XIV) I thought Endwalker was going to be the last one since it's in the name lol. 

Maybe the 100% it's the friends we made along the way.

FFXIV will only stop when it stops carrying Square Enix in making money. Aka never. 

I personally think I'm all the way done with the game now, and I did have a great time with it and all. But I wouldn't expect it to stop within at least 10 years from now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

To be honest (I never played XIV) I thought Endwalker was going to be the last one since it's in the name lol. 

Maybe the 100% it's the friends we made along the way.

Endwalker was the conclusion to the last 10 years of FFXIV (the Hydalen and Zodiark Saga). DawnTrail is the beginning of the next decade, although it doesn't sound like it will be one giant story like ARR through EW was. They are updating the graphics engine to ensure the game is going to continue for another 10 years. Considering FF11 is still going, I don't think it is an understatement to say this will be going on for many years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Considering FF11 is still going, I don't think it is an understatement to say this will be going on for many years.

Wow, I didn't know XI was still on, never saw it on steam, is still possible to buy it somewhere?

I think we're getting Ultimate trophies, at least for current Ultimates starting with Eden Ultimate. With them adding the older ones either then and there or waiting for the .5 patch for catch up. The 7.0 list though, yeah that's going to mostly be a copy of the 6.0 list

3 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

Wow, I didn't know XI was still on, never saw it on steam, is still possible to buy it somewhere?

You get it at the Square-Enix store. It's on sale for $10 and I think MrHappy created a group to help players group up in it because the next 24-man raid in 14 is 11 themed.

https://na.store.square-enix-games.com/final-fantasy_-xi_-ultimate-collection-seekers-edition---digital

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

You get better food as new patches come out that give you better stats, making slightly easier to complete versus on release. 

Okay, I understand. I guess that's why I don't like Ultimates and I struggle with Savage Raids, as I never used food or pots in combat. The only time I eat is for that 3% EXP buff to level my jobs. :lol:

And yes, I probably should have put those fake trophies in the 7.x speculation, but believe you me, I know Yoshida will have Sony put older grindy achievements into the trophy lists in the future. He did it with the fishing and gathering logs and the Deep Dungeons, what's to stop him from putting EVERY ACHIEVEMENT IN THE GAME in the trophy list? 😱

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Honestly, I don't know why but I'm not getting that much hyped for Dawntrail. Maybe once they release the job actions trailer it'll get me going but does anyone else feel the same? Viper looks okay but I'm not really digging Pictomancer. I guess it's not that bad to have a silly job for once but yeah not really digging the Pictomancer aesthetic.

The things I'm looking forward to are not gonna be in the base 7.0 expansion (Eden ultimate, new deep dungeon, new field operation, beastmaster). So I'm left feeling a bit whelmed by everything they've showcased in the fanfests.

Edited by PostGameBlues

34 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

And yes, I probably should have put those fake trophies in the 7.x speculation, but believe you me, I know Yoshida will have Sony put older grindy achievements into the trophy lists in the future. He did it with the fishing and gathering logs and the Deep Dungeons, what's to stop him from putting EVERY ACHIEVEMENT IN THE GAME in the trophy list? 😱

In fairness, I don't think the gathering trophies are really old content per se. They require a lot of it, but the truth is you needed all of the EW stuff for MIN/BTN and a good amount for Fisher. So I would call that current content, and it was more of a case if you were caught up or not.

As for the Deep Dungeon, yeah, I still have no explanation why they just randomly had those trophies, but they were much easier than EO for me. The newer healing pots and job balancing made them a cakewalk on WAR.

• Like 1

Since every list is getting bigger and bigger I expect they may get more granular and change lvl a job to 100 to lvl all jobs to 100 and have one for each role.

All that is fine though. I hope they keep the hunt trophies the same as 6.0 because 30 S ranks and 100 A ranks is quite generous compared to what they could do.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:03 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

As for the Deep Dungeon, yeah, I still have no explanation why they just randomly had those trophies, but they were much easier than EO for me. The newer healing pots and job balancing made them a cakewalk on WAR.

I didn't realize that the healing potions healed you for a lot. I always assumed that potions, well, sucked because healing magic did so much better. Also, I wasn't expecting food buffs to be important in any content as the food you can buy from normal vendors gives really weak stat buffs, like 1% crit rate. I only ate raisins and eggs for the EXP buff, which I didn't need as I had a Road to 80 buff (double EXP for every activity, not just monster kills) being on Dynamis.

One thing I did enjoy was that they added trophies for getting relic weapons... but then the joy soured when I realized how stupidly easy it is to get the Manderville weapons. Yeah, I know that this is a bit of a rant, but I want to see Dawntrail retro-fit old relic achievements so people will go for a Zodaic Weapon, an Anima weapon, etc. I really enjoyed getting the Zodiac and Anima weapons even though they are grindy. I want to say the same with the Eureka and Bozja relic weapons but I was never very big into field explorations. (Eureka was all Greek to me with its weird leveling system and Bozja was so boring. My old character did manage to clear Castrum Lacus Latore but only because the raiding party she was in queued up for it. She was finally in Zadnor and working on getting her Rank to 25 to get to the Dairada. IMHO, I agree with everyone who hates Eureka and loves Bozja because the latter doesn't level you down if you die and respawn.

Farming crystal in those places to upgrade your relic was a big pain in the tookus. :(

8 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I didn't realize that the healing potions healed you for a lot. I always assumed that potions, well, sucked because healing magic did so much better. Also, I wasn't expecting food buffs to be important in any content as the food you can buy from normal vendors gives really weak stat buffs, like 1% crit rate. I only ate raisins and eggs for the EXP buff, which I didn't need as I had a Road to 80 buff (double EXP for every activity, not just monster kills) being on Dynamis.

One thing I did enjoy was that they added trophies for getting relic weapons... but then the joy soured when I realized how stupidly easy it is to get the Manderville weapons. Yeah, I know that this is a bit of a rant, but I want to see Dawntrail retro-fit old relic achievements so people will go for a Zodaic Weapon, an Anima weapon, etc. I really enjoyed getting the Zodiac and Anima weapons even though they are grindy. I want to say the same with the Eureka and Bozja relic weapons but I was never very big into field explorations. (Eureka was all Greek to me with its weird leveling system and Bozja was so boring. My old character did manage to clear Castrum Lacus Latore but only because the raiding party she was in queued up for it. She was finally in Zadnor and working on getting her Rank to 25 to get to the Dairada. IMHO, I agree with everyone who hates Eureka and loves Bozja because the latter doesn't level you down if you die and respawn.

Farming crystal in those places to upgrade your relic was a big pain in the tookus. :(

Well, if you have ever looked at a BIS list (Best In Slot), you will notice that all of these sets always have a food buff included. In some cases, they will even have one that includes SkillSpeed or Spellspeed that will be required to do a proper rotation. They are the bare minimum that most players expect from party members when doing higher-level content like the latest extreme, criterion, savage, or ultimate. I typically create 300 of my BIS food at the start of a patch so I always have it. Culinarian is a great crafter.

Healing potions are useless outside of Deep Dungeon, but they are essential for a solo run, as most jobs do not have the self-sustain to kill a mob without one other than WAR on higher floors. There's a reason every chest and mob drops a healing potion in those.

As for stat potions, these are expected when you are farming fights on high-level content (latest extreme, savage, criterion, and ultimate). In the case of ultimates, sometimes a potion may be required during prob for consistency. Likewise to Culinarian, Alchemist is one of the best crafters to have as potions are pretty expensive.

I pretty much like any relic that is not just a tome grind like the Manderville one. My favorite is HW.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

I discovered some interesting Final Fantasy lore. You know how the series, starting with FFVI, had two characters called Biggs and Wedge who always ended up being grunts for the evil guys and/or comic relief. We know where those names come from. But did you know that the more recurring character, Cid, is ALSO from the same reference? Yep, the Cid we know in Final Fantasy is actually another Star Wars reference.

Cid is the nickname of Cidderan Scaleback, and the truth is that Final Fantasy XV was the most accurate Cid to date, because Cidderan... was a FEMALE. A female Thalassan, this alien was an informant to the Jedi Order, but went into hiding when the Empire rose to power around Episode IV. She employed a group of mercs called "The Bad Batch" to recover a baby male Rancor and a droid's head, so that explains why the Cid we know is skilled in technology :lol:

I guess the creators of Final Fantasy, when they made Final Fantasy II, decided to reference that very obscure Star Wars character, but since they knew Cid was a masculine name, they made their Cid male. Now you know. (I Googled it and got that reference.)

13 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I discovered some interesting Final Fantasy lore. You know how the series, starting with FFVI, had two characters called Biggs and Wedge who always ended up being grunts for the evil guys and/or comic relief. We know where those names come from. But did you know that the more recurring character, Cid, is ALSO from the same reference? Yep, the Cid we know in Final Fantasy is actually another Star Wars reference.

Cid is the nickname of Cidderan Scaleback, and the truth is that Final Fantasy XV was the most accurate Cid to date, because Cidderan... was a FEMALE. A female Thalassan, this alien was an informant to the Jedi Order, but went into hiding when the Empire rose to power around Episode IV. She employed a group of mercs called "The Bad Batch" to recover a baby male Rancor and a droid's head, so that explains why the Cid we know is skilled in technology :lol:

I guess the creators of Final Fantasy, when they made Final Fantasy II, decided to reference that very obscure Star Wars character, but since they knew Cid was a masculine name, they made their Cid male. Now you know. (I Googled it and got that reference.)

You are aware that Cid in FF is older than a character in Star Wars that's only been around for 3 years...right? So no, Cid is not a Star Wars reference

Edited by FireMage777
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they'll add a whole new platinum and trophy list with Dawntrail.

I dont know what the requirements are to make another list but I've seen minecraft and Dead by Daylight with their (1/2) and (2/2) lists.

EDIT: nvm, Dead by Daylight is just the PS4 and PS5 list, idk why minecraft can have two lists.

Edited by xXNanaki24Xx
  • Like 2