40lvl & 50lvl will be obtainable after servers shut down

kam945

In theory, if one has say, still 2 million XP to do, they’d have to keep their console on for days if they’re going to do it non stop.

Rest Mode could remedy this power consumption wise but they’d still better not quit out of the game to play other games or else it’d all reset assuming it won’t save level progress anymore.

Edited by DuplexGemini
Typo

2 minutes ago, JackieBladeOFFI said:

That kind of stuff that  Polyphony Digital must clarify what game modes will be active. I think they will realise a small patch at the end so we can play offline like it was with GT5, "Online not available".  

GT5 still has 2 unobtainable trophies though, because you can't upload any screenshots to the servers :(.

• Like 1

Going by what Polyphony stated in their post, that being "Yes, all world circuits will be accessible. Gameplay progression required as normal to unlock selected tracks.", I would assume that leveling should still be possible, as unlocking tracks requires leveling. 
They also don't mention anything about tracks/GT league being unavailable after the shutdown, which both require leveling.

I mean.. to be on the safe side I would prepare for the level trophies to essentially become unattainable (unless done in one sitting).

I haven't heard anything about Polyphony patching the game to allow for saving progress offline once the servers are shutdown - only that the theory has been tested via CFW and it works.

1 hour ago, RayIshimura said:

Going by what Polyphony stated in their post, that being "Yes, all world circuits will be accessible. Gameplay progression required as normal to unlock selected tracks.", I would assume that leveling should still be possible, as unlocking tracks requires leveling. 
They also don't mention anything about tracks/GT league being unavailable after the shutdown, which both require leveling.

In theory you could still level up and unlock stuff when the servers shutdown when you can stay connected with the shutdown. You can't close the game nor shutdown the console as it would terminate the online connection. 

This happened to me with the shutdown of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tested this on an alt and can also confirm the trophies will unlock while completely disconnected from the internet.

To anyone who is not going to make it to 50 in time, I suggest you get as close as you can to 50 while the online saving is still working, but you at least don't need to stress over it anymore.

13 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

what's your reasoning for getting as close to 50 if it works completely offline?

For the reasons already noted above.

Level progress will not save after the server shutdown, so the closer you can get to 50, the less you'd have to do in a single sitting to get the Level 50 trophy.

Looks like Polyphony has updated the server shutdown post below:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1344615.html

Importantly:

"Additionally, all gameplay progression will continue to be saved through Saved Data on the PlayStation®4 system."

and

"What happens to my 'Garage' cars and my Career progression?
All existing cars and personalised Car Settings kept in Garage will be accessible. Gameplay progression required as normal to unlock additional cars and items.

As mentioned above, all gameplay progression will continue to be saved through Saved Data on the PlayStation®4 system."

Sounds like it's (probably) safe to leave lv50 until after the shutdown...

• Like 4