Online Bugged?

albysuperx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The multiplayer of this game is abandoned and if you want to get the online trophies will have to find someone to play by invitation.

It takes around 1845 wins on each mode.

Can you please say how to check my level? I won some online games but dont know which level i got

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/14/2014 at 10:18 PM, KonamoLCM said:

The multiplayer of this game is abandoned and if you want to get the online trophies will have to find someone to play by invitation.

It takes around 1845 wins on each mode.

Referring to the leaderboards, it appears players must earn 2000 wins per mode to reach level 100 (using Easy or Medium settings). With Hard settings, only 1845 wins per mode are required. To win all three "The One of..." trophies (Card Game, Time Attack, and Snatch Game) requires 5535-6000 wins total. If you don't have a second PS3 to boost against an alt account, this could take a very long time.

People have still unlocked the multiplayer trophies for Brain Challenge as late as October 2021, so yes, the servers are still online! However, players will experience issues seeing their wins on the leaderboards. To see your wins (and you will only be able to see the number of wins per mode for a split second), make sure the Triangle filter is set to Overall. Press L1 for All-Time Wins. Now rapidly tap Right on your D-pad until the screen stops changing and settles on Wins: Snatch Game - 30 Games. Look down to the bottom of the screen where your name is in a blue bar. To the right of your name is a dash. Tap Left on the D-pad as quickly as you can, keeping your eyes on that dash. For a split second, the dash will change to a number as you tab through different modes. The first eight Left taps are as far as you want to go regarding the online trophies. Note that wins are not cumulative between difficulties and do not transfer between settings. Thus, while working on your 1845 or 2000 wins, select one difficulty setting for each mode (Card Game: Easy, Medium, or Hard: Time Attack: 30 Sec., 60 Sec., or 90 Sec.; Snatch Game: 10 Games, 20 Games, or 30 Games) and stay with that setting for all 1845 or 2000 of your wins. Yes, Hard settings require 155 fewer wins than Easy or Medium, but Hard takes longer to solve. Over the accumulated time of 1845 matches, you might be faster overall to go for Easy.

EDIT: After reviewing the top 100 players on various leaderboards, it appears some have reached level 100 with only 1845 wins in Easy, while others had to achieve 2000 wins in Easy to reach level 100. I don't know what the rhyme or reason is. Also, despite having 75 wins in Snatch yesterday, today when I toggled the D-pad it only showed me as having 1 win. I don't know if the server is resetting progress or not tracking it. I have read from other players who have the trophy, like skippycue, once a player enters the top 100, his/her score will be displayed on the leaderboards and it is easier to track total number of wins from that point forward. However, as this requires over 1000 wins, I will not be able to verify this for some time.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1