Recommended Horror games?

I’m sure hardly anyone plays horror games anymore because it’s always the same old jump-scares, and sometimes extremely boring. But I would like to anyone if anyone out there has a short list of games they would recommend in that genre. Some that could truly make you rethink moving past certain areas. I want to get into some after I complete the lists I’ve been giving for platinum trophies on my last post

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Therealghost202 said:

I’m sure hardly anyone plays horror games anymore because it’s always the same old jump-scares, and sometimes extremely boring. But I would like to anyone if anyone out there has a short list of games they would recommend in that genre. Some that could truly make you rethink moving past certain areas. I want to get into some after I complete the lists I’ve been giving for platinum trophies on my last post

The following are in no particular order just horro/thiller games I have played and enjoyed

1. Alan Wake
  2. Alan Wake II
  3. Blair Witch 
  4. Outlast
  5. Resident Evil 7 & 8 (any of them tbh are good)
  6. Metro saga (while not horror, it does have a couple unsettling scenes)
  7. The Evil Within
  • Like 3

A few horror games I enjoyed and would recommend in no particular order (and ignoring the trophies):

- Darkwood
- White Day: A Labyrinth named School (I would reccomend playing it on hardmode first for maximum scariness :D)
- MADiSON
- games from Puppet Combo (they are kinda unique and not everyone likes them, but they sure are terrifying!): Nun Massacre, Murder House, Christmas Massacre, No one lives under the Lighthouse, Bloodwash, Night at the Gates of Hell, Stay out of the House
- 2Dark
- Little Nightmares series
- Yomawari series

• Like 3

I’m a big horror fan, but the ps5 generation hardly brought the good titles to the genre and even most ps4 doesn’t have much.

My absolute favourites are alien: isolation and the song of the horror. Both mostly for the unpredictable and random unscripted encounters creating the constant pressure and insecure feeling all the time.

Among the games recommended above for the sake of horror can only recommend the RE7 until it completely transforms into the shooter the 2nd half of the game. 

• Like 1

-just ignore them great flashy game like with an interesting short story

-resident evil 2 and 3 remake are now at a very cheap price and the ps5 upgrade is subtle, but great

-resident evil 7 is one of the best horror games to go and do a blind playthrough

-until dawn is a great story if you can stand some annoying things of the gameplay and the game as a whole

-evil within is a great choice

• Like 2

Some recent horror games I'd recommend:

- Mothered

- Signalis

- Martha is Dead (easily the most intense thing I've played) 

I would also second the Puppet Combo series. They're all quite different, so it depends on what you're looking for. I thought Murder House had the best atmosphere of dread. And then Stay Out of the House, which is essentially an improved Nun Massacre. Christmas Massacre makes you the killer, which is less scary and more surreal.

Edited by Sukwendo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

-just ignore them great flashy game like with an interesting short story

-resident evil 2 and 3 remake are now at a very cheap price and the ps5 upgrade is subtle, but great

-resident evil 7 is one of the best horror games to go and do a blind playthrough

-until dawn is a great story if you can stand some annoying things of the gameplay and the game as a whole

-evil within is a great choice

I’ve played The evil within and enjoyed it, Until Dawn was great especially when everyone survived on my blind playthrough and the gameplay did get annoying every now and then, and Resident Evil 7 Biohazard is pretty good as well I enjoyed their take on the first person perspective and I played the Vr version which was quite terrifying.

• Like 1