Credible Persona leaker, Midori, says Persona 2 Remaster & Persona 4 Remake currently 'exist' at Atlus.

ZZIpFYO_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

I think Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden being remade will be easy enough, given that they can just reuse the assets from Persona 3 Reload. IIRC, Persona 4 back then did reuse assets from Persona 3 so I could see the same thing happening here. P3 Tartarus and P4 TV world are very similar for example. Either way, I'm still looking forward to it (if these remakes actually don't get canned) because while P4G still holds up really well, it feels left behind by P3R and P5R. Just don't recast the P4G gang please, they're so perfect already :( (Probably will though given P3R's new cast).

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I would definitely love a remake for Persona 1 & Persona 2 seeing as I haven't really played them yet. Midori only mentioned P2 and P4, but if they are remaking P2 it won't be far-fetched to also expect a P1 remake.

Edit: Apparently according to the P3R leaker, P2 will only be a remaster of the duology with updated English translations, so not a remake. P4 remake is also years away with potential to be a PS5/PS6 cross-gen title. Thanks @Abby_TheLastofUs!

Edited by PostGameBlues

The person that leaked the Persona 3 remake has clarified that Persona 2 is a remaster of the duology with a new English translation, not a remake.

Persona 4 is getting a remake, but it is only in the planning stages right now, and we won't see it till several years from now. It'll probably be a PS5/PS6 crossgen title.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The person that leaked the Persona 3 remake has clarified that Persona 2 is a remaster of the duology with a new English translation, not a remake.

Persona 4 is getting a remake, but it is only in the planning stages right now, and we won't see it till several years from now. It'll probably be a PS5/PS6 crossgen title.

P4 remake probably after Persona 6 I'm guessing (which is rumored to be revealed this year with a 2025 release date from what I recall of the P6 rumors).

I'm a bit disappointed that P1/2 will only be a remaster, but at least Atlus remembers these two games exist after milking P5 so much. Will edit the post, thanks for the clarification!

Edited by PostGameBlues